• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Definitive List of Countries That Issue 1oz Coins

bluffer

Hey folks

I found this on wiki and want to check if this is a definitive list of countries that issue 1oz coins thinking I might do a world collection.  I am not including rounds in this but not sure about territories yet.  I seem to remember seeing an Antartic Territory coin recently.   Any proper countries missing?

Antigua and Barbuda Frigatebird
Armenia Noah's Ark
Australia Red Kangaroo
  Kookaburra
  Koala
  Dragon
Austria Vienna Philharmonic
Barbados Trident
Bhutan Bhutan Lunar
Cambodia Cambodia Lost Tiger
Cameroon Cameroon Mandrill
Canada Maple Leaf
China Silver Panda
Congo (Democratic Republic of) World's Wildlife
Congo (Republic) Silverback Gorilla
Cook Islands HMS Bounty
Equatorial Guinea Giraffe
Gibraltar Lady Justice
Ghana African Leopard
Isle of Man Angel
  Domestic cats
  Noble
Kazakhstan Snow Leopard
Laos Tiger(Panthera Tigris)
Malta Melita
Mexico Libertad
  Onza Troy
New Zealand Kiwi
Niue/Fiji Taku/Turtle
Papua New Guinea Birds of Paradise
Russia Saint George the Victorious
Rwanda African Ounce
Serbia Nikola Tesla
Somalia Elephant
South Africa Krugerrand
South Korea Chiwoo Cheonwang
Ukraine Archangel Michael
United Kingdom Britannia
  Valiant
United States Silver Eagle

Islands and territories are probably more who are allowing another companies to issue 1oz silver coins using their names: Tuvalu, Saint Helena, Samoa, Virgin Islands, Vanuatu, are only few names who are now in my mind.

Also, I can not see Germany.

I will try to find more when I will have time.

Good luck with your hunt!🤗

The number 1 country thats missing off that  list is South America. The incas and the aztecs  😇

my mate indiana jones told me 👍

Edited by gji25
missing info

LFTV.  live from the vault.   Spot price is immaterial. its just an illusion.

5 hours ago, gji25 said:

The number 1 country thats missing off that  list is South America. The incas and the aztecs  😇

my mate indiana jones told me 👍

Do you know any 1oz coin (not round) issued in a south-american country? I don't.😊

10 hours ago, bluffer said:

thinking I might do a world collection

Just my 2 cents, don't do it. At most, go for some variability i.e. include 10 countries with best known bullion and then pick other less common ones that you like, but I don't see any sense in trying to collect every country just for the sake of it.

Also: Afghanistan, Andorra, Anguilla, Azerbaijan, Bahamas, Belarus, Benin, British Indian Ocean Territory, British Virgin Islands, Brunei, Bulgaria, Burkina Faso... (numista.com is your friend)

Not mentioned in your post but arguably you refer to 1oz .999 silver? Because there are also 1oz coins made of lesser purity silver. Also, if .999, do you want that "1oz .999 silver" is stated on the coin? Not all do so.

Edited by CollectForFun

4 hours ago, CollectForFun said:

Just my 2 cents, don't do it. At most, go for some variability i.e. include 10 countries with best known bullion and then pick other less common ones that you like, but I don't see any sense in trying to collect every country just for the sake of it.

Also: Afghanistan, Andorra, Anguilla, Azerbaijan, Bahamas, Belarus, Benin, British Indian Ocean Territory, British Virgin Islands, Brunei, Bulgaria, Burkina Faso... (numista.com is your friend)

Not mentioned in your post but arguably you refer to 1oz .999 silver? Because there are also 1oz coins made of lesser purity silver. Also, if .999, do you want that "1oz .999 silver" is stated on the coin? Not all do so.

Idealy yeah 999. and err, given your user name, is that the advice you want to give? 😜

14 hours ago, stefffana said:

Islands and territories are probably more who are allowing another companies to issue 1oz silver coins using their names: Tuvalu, Saint Helena, Samoa, Virgin Islands, Vanuatu, are only few names who are now in my mind.

Also, I can not see Germany.

I will try to find more when I will have time.

Good luck with your hunt!🤗

whats the german one?  I has seen silver euros or stuff from the germania mint ( I would count them as rounds ) but nothing like a brit / philly etc

2 hours ago, bluffer said:

Idealy yeah 999. and err, given your user name, is that the advice you want to give? 😜

whats the german one?  I has seen silver euros or stuff from the germania mint ( I would count them as rounds ) but nothing like a brit / philly etc

https://en.numista.com/catalogue/exonumia176199.html

https://en.numista.com/catalogue/exonumia225331.html

On 04/11/2022 at 16:29, stefffana said:

I am quite surprised that Numista put Federal Republic of Germany for that round.

Actually Germania Mint is the company located in Poland, issuing rounds "on behalf" of non-existeing (at least anymore) Germania country with denomination in non-existing currency Mark (not EUR and of course not Deutsche Mark).

1 hour ago, ak74 said:

I am quite surprised that Numista put Federal Republic of Germany for that round.

Actually Germania Mint is the company located in Poland, issuing rounds "on behalf" of non-existeing (at least anymore) Germania country with denomination in non-existing currency Mark (not EUR and of course not Deutsche Mark).

Yep. But is written Germany, have face value, so in my opinion, will qualify.😊

On 07/11/2022 at 11:44, ak74 said:

Germania Mint are a quality outfit but most are fantasy coins or rounds. They have produced some EUR coins on behalf of Malta. These are most certainly coins.