• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Doubled Premium in 1 Week on 2022 Gold Sovereigns - Cynical Rip-Off?

LawrenceChard

25 minutes ago, pricha said:

Raise the price if there is a market for it. That's what the hotels in London are doing. I sold my 2022 Sovereign for profit when is saw what was happening.  I used the money to buy a Victorian Shield.  Happy days. 

New lamps for old!

New coins for old!

😎 

Chards

One prices things to hopefully make a tidy profit, observing market conditions, competitor pricing, stock availability and in my case if I consider the client a £%&@ who I would rather not darken my door again.

So yeah, demand up, bump it up. If stuck with stuff that isn't shifting bump it down.

It's always good to spot a hyped up band wagon coin. The three Graces was a classic example. Sold mine for a stupid price and bought some real collectable coins with the proceeds.  I don't feel bad about it at all .  Its others greed that pushes prices up. 

1 hour ago, MonkeysUncle said:

One prices things to hopefully make a tidy profit, observing market conditions, competitor pricing, stock availability and in my case if I consider the client a £%&@ who I would rather not darken my door again.

So yeah, demand up, bump it up. If stuck with stuff that isn't shifting bump it down.

Fair enough, but I expect to be reducing our 2022 bullion sovereign premiums back to 4.95% (single coin), or lower, within a few weeks.

Meanwhile we are happy to accept orders from customers who don't mind waiting, at 5.35% premium.

We do have a small "blacklist". Now I'll get reported for racist language!

😎

Chards

3 minutes ago, GoldStatue said:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/185308405086

I noticed there was a listing that had ended for £800 but luckily the seller ended the auction and re-listed it for £850 best offer!

Thanks.

What? Greedy Bastard!

😎

@ChardsCoinandBullionDealer

Edited by LawrenceChard

Chards

17 minutes ago, GoldStatue said:

I've just seen a sold listing for a bullion 2022 sovereign for £500 on fleabay, now that is a proper cynical rip-off 😀

Let's be fair here. Someone bought from eBay The Times newspaper the day following Her Majesty's death for £95... now is that a cynical rip off or is it a case of God, I wish I thought of that 😅😅 ?

35 minutes ago, pricha said:

Let's be fair here. Someone bought from eBay The Times newspaper the day following Her Majesty's death for £95... now is that a cynical rip off or is it a case of God, I wish I thought of that 😅😅 ?

you can have mine for £90.  Or if you want to double with the sunday times i will swap you for a sovereign.  AND free post.

1 hour ago, LawrenceChard said:

Proper stupid buyer!

Got a link?

😎

Or it could be an individual or group of individuals trying to make it look like item X is worth Y. I'm not going to admit to having done that with esoteric hifi. No, not me :D

Sell item to your mate/ yourself on another account. Yes, ebay does snag a fee, but hey, that's an "investment" if some nincompoop pays you £995 for something you stock piled a quarter century ago that cost the princely some of £99.

Hmm.  For me, ethics almost always trump every other consideration in every walk of life.

But this is just my opinion and as others have said, everyone ultimately has a choice regarding these shiny things about whether to buy, whether to sell, and at what price.

I bought some bullion coins from two dealers over the weekend (but not sovereigns) and the prices for all these coins was not significantly different from normal.  My decision was influenced by the spot price at least as much as by the percentage premiums.

I did consider Tavex for my recent purchase of my first gold buffalo ( not available local ) it would of made me a nice saving on my purchase 💰

But on doing my research and checking with ‘ trust pilot’ the decision was made to go to another dealer to hopefully get a better service and actually receive the item . And this is exactly what happened , the coin arrived on time and packaged well,  and in a capsule 🥰 which I thought was a bonus , others might take note 😜😂  by choice I normally would go to the chip shop , as I’ve had great service 👏👏👍

Edited by Chandler365

8 hours ago, LawrenceChard said:

We do have a small "blacklist". Now I'll get reported for racist language!

😎

A people of colour list I think is the correct BS term. However if some melon identifies as a gender fluid 2006 model year Toyota Avensis I'm a bit lost on the terminology. 

I'm feeling the need to buy 2 or 3 Sovs with some spondoolies I should be receiving any day now but hardly any to be seen anywhere. :(

And I don't want this modern red rubbish,  I want banana coloured proper ones!