• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Advice on buying

Hi all. I'm completely new to buying precious metals. I have moved from the UK to Bulgaria and sold my properties in the UK. I'm wanting to protect my earnings from the possible decline in the economy. 1)Which is best to buy, gold,silver or both. 2)Does anyone know of the best way to buy gold and silver in Bulgaria? 3) Is it safe to buy large amounts in one go? 4) what types gold/silver etc. Is best to buy? E.g. bars or sovereigns. I may need to trade some in quickly at some point and have heard that sovereigns are easier to trade. Any other advice is welcome also. Thanks in advance 

52 minutes ago, MarkBandits said:

2)Does anyone know of the best way to buy gold and silver in Bulgaria? 3) Is it safe to buy large amounts in one go?

Здрасти.

Where in BG are you based? 

There are a few dealers around Tavex for eg or there is the Bulmint over in Plovdiv/ ( Пловдив )

Easy enough to order from Coininvest or goldsilver.be too. 

Also @SVcollector is in Greece but he posts to BG if you are looking for sovereigns specifically.

Feel free to pm 👍🏼

i would put the bulk of your cash into gold coins. Personally i do not get bars b/c there are too many fakes around. Do not buy from ebay. 
i don't know what the preferred coins are in Bulgaria - go for what people like in Bulgaria. 

I would get some silver from goldsilver.be - you can get them to hold the coins until you want them to send them. They charge 6€ to hold an order but it can save you multiple shipping charges. i would get some silver as a speculation. That doesn't imply it is high risk - at the depressed prices for silver at the moment the risk is low and the upside potentially large. 

You could take a look at gold.de which is a price comparison site for German dealers. goldsilver.be is also a good site.

Make sure your parcel is fully insured - reputable dealers will insure. Make sure the package is tracked and you will be at home when it is delivered. Check the parcel. For example goldsilver.be put a tape around the parcel with the address label over the top. If the parcel has been tampered with you will be able to see. You don't accept the parcel then. i have bought coins/bars from @paolo in Italy and i know he has had a problem with UPS. Personally i haven't had an issue with parcels inside the EU.

Always cast your vote - Spoil your ballot slip. Put 'Spoilt Ballot - I do not consent.' These votes are counted. If you do not do this you are consenting to the tyranny. None of them are fit for purpose. 
A tyranny relies on propaganda and force. Once the propaganda fails all that's left is force.

COVID-19 is a cover story for the collapsing economy. Green Energy isn't Green and it isn't Renewable.

1 hour ago, MarkBandits said:

Hi all. I'm completely new to buying precious metals. I have moved from the UK to Bulgaria and sold my properties in the UK. I'm wanting to protect my earnings from the possible decline in the economy. 1)Which is best to buy, gold,silver or both. 2)Does anyone know of the best way to buy gold and silver in Bulgaria? 3) Is it safe to buy large amounts in one go? 4) what types gold/silver etc. Is best to buy? E.g. bars or sovereigns. I may need to trade some in quickly at some point and have heard that sovereigns are easier to trade. Any other advice is welcome also. Thanks in advance 

41 minutes ago, sixgun said:

i would put the bulk of your cash into gold coins. Personally i do not get bars b/c there are too many fakes around. Do not buy from ebay. 

@sixgun's warning about ebay is because it is well known there are a lot of bandits on there, fake coins, bars, etc.

@MarkBandits You may be the only Bandit on TSF, so welcome!

It looks like you have been getting good advice on here already, so the only other general advice I could add is to avoid Bulgaria being invaded by Russia!

😎

Chards

2 hours ago, modofantasma said:

Здрасти.

Where in BG are you based? 

There are a few dealers around Tavex for eg or there is the Bulmint over in Plovdiv/ ( Пловдив )

Easy enough to order from Coininvest or goldsilver.be too. 

Also @SVcollector is in Greece but he posts to BG if you are looking for sovereigns specifically.

Feel free to pm 👍🏼

Thanks for the info. I'm based in Burgas.

2 hours ago, sixgun said:

i don't know what the preferred coins are in Bulgaria - go for what people like in Bulgaria. 

I would get some silver from goldsilver.be - you can get them to hold the coins until you want them to send them. They charge 6€ to hold an order but it can save you multiple shipping charges. i would get some silver as a speculation. That doesn't imply it is high risk - at the depressed prices for silver at the moment the risk is low and the upside potentially large. 

You could take a look at gold.de which is a price comparison site for German dealers. goldsilver.be is also a good site.

Make sure your parcel is fully insured - reputable dealers will insure. Make sure the package is tracked and you will be at home when it is delivered. Check the parcel. For example goldsilver.be put a tape around the parcel with the address label over the top. If the parcel has been tampered with you will be able to see. You don't accept the parcel then. i have bought coins/bars from @paolo in Italy and i know he has had a problem with UPS. Personally i haven't had an issue with parcels inside the EU.

Thanks for the info. I'll keep an eye on the package. 

1 hour ago, LawrenceChard said:

@sixgun's warning about ebay is because it is well known there are a lot of bandits on there, fake coins, bars, etc.

@MarkBandits You may be the only Bandit on TSF, so welcome!

It looks like you have been getting good advice on here already, so the only other general advice I could add is to avoid Bulgaria being invaded by Russia!

😎

😂Thanks. I use bandits because I used to work out how to confuse the programs on fruit machines (also known as bandits) and make my living. 

Edited by MarkBandits

32 minutes ago, MarkBandits said:

😂Thanks. I use bandits because I used to work out how to confuse the programs on fruit machines (also known as bandits) and make my living. 

Do you know I started my coin experience in our family's amusement arcade?

https://news.coinupdate.com/interview-lawrence-chard-head-of-historic-chard-ltd-in-blackpool-u-k/

You were the enemy!

😎

Chards

9 minutes ago, LawrenceChard said:

Do you know I started my coin experience in our family's amusement arcade?

https://news.coinupdate.com/interview-lawrence-chard-head-of-historic-chard-ltd-in-blackpool-u-k/

You were the enemy!

😎

i clicked on the link - it fired off Malwarebytes which identified a Trojan. 
This is clearly also an enemy!

Always cast your vote - Spoil your ballot slip. Put 'Spoilt Ballot - I do not consent.' These votes are counted. If you do not do this you are consenting to the tyranny. None of them are fit for purpose. 
A tyranny relies on propaganda and force. Once the propaganda fails all that's left is force.

COVID-19 is a cover story for the collapsing economy. Green Energy isn't Green and it isn't Renewable.

56 minutes ago, sixgun said:

i clicked on the link - it fired off Malwarebytes which identified a Trojan. 
This is clearly also an enemy!

Works OK for me.

Perhaps you PC is paranoid...

... unless you are using a mobile, in which case it might be a paranoid Android!

Other similar pages are available, for example...

https://www.lancashirebusinessview.co.uk/latest-news-and-features/blackpool-bullion-dealer-is-going-for-the-hat-trick

😎

Chards