• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

closed BUYERS OF GARY REPLY TO THIS ACCOUNT

Gary5566

Just now, MikeG1978 said:

Very true could be genuine  on the way but if not it will leave a bad taste in everyone's motluth regarding buying off newbies 

Communication is key here for everyone 

Completely agree.

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, MikeG1978 said:

Very true could be genuine  on the way but if not it will leave a bad taste in everyone's motluth regarding buying off newbies 

Communication is key here for everyone 

The fact the title has been edited and changed to cheese🤷

• Founder & Administrator

@Gary5566 please make sure you are aware of the forum’s rules. Particular those regarding editing:

6.2.2. The edit post feature is there to allow members to edit mistakes, and for users to update their trade topics; for example when their item(s) has sold, or their price has changed. Currently the system allows members to edit their posts up to 30 days from posting. Members may edit a completed trade listing to remove the sale price should they wish, though we prefer if this wasn't done in order to protect historical data so that members can see what prices similar items sold for. This is very helpful when a member is looking to price their item for sale. Please do not edit out what was sold. 

6.2.3. Drastically editing out a topic to completely change the meaning or content, or to delete the content in its entirety is considered an abuse of the edit feature. If the ability exists TSF reserve the right to restore content and to warn a member for abusing the edit feature.  

The ‘close’ tag is also for Moderators & Admin, or for when a topic is automatically closed. Due to current plug-in limitations it’s showing as an option for all member groups to select. Sorry about that. Please instead use the ‘completed’ or ‘withdrawn’ tags for making a trade topic either completed (sold) or withdrawn (from sale)

Please also make sure you have read the applicable Quickstart guide to trading as it contains useful and important information. 

UK QuickStart Guide
EU QuickStart Guide
USA & Canada QuickStart Guide

My posts are my personal opinions, they do not constitute advice or financial advice.

Please Follow / Like / Share to help spread the word of The Silver Forum:
TSF Instagram - TSF YouTube channel - TSF Facebook pageTSF Twitter page - TSF Threads (used for sever status updates)

Discounts / Offers
COTR Vouchers for Premium Members

Official TSF branded NGC label via COR grading
50% discount off of TSF mugs for Platinum Premium Members. (see info in Platinum Lounge)
Platinum Premium Members: Offers from selected Dealers - 15 dealers currently in the programme

I have unlocked this topic as have been made aware that there are buyers waiting for items to be delivered, so they may wish to post feedback in this topic. We are monitoring the situation. 

My posts are my personal opinions, they do not constitute advice or financial advice.

TSF Instagram - TSF YouTube channel - TSF Facebook pageTSF Twitter page - TSF Threads (used for sever status updates)

Discounts / Offers

50% discount off of TSF mugs for Platinum Premium Members. (see info in Platinum Lounge)
Platinum Premium Members: Offers from selected Dealers - 15 dealers currently in the programme

So a few people here In the same boat purchased 2 chains on the 9th of July for the sum of £15 and I haven’t received them as of 19th July (I know the post is slow but not that slow) messaged seller with no reply.

I’ve bought from him before and took a few days longer than expected but this is beyond a joke assuming that I will receive them at all.

but the title has been changed a few times so I’m sure he’s been online and ignored everything.

I also hope nothing serious has happen to the member 🤞 if it has I wish him the best.

In the interest of transparency...

I understand that he was travelling, and I got the impression is not normally in UK.

He also used "a friend's" bank account details.

Is it possible that his account was hacked?  There are obvious security concerns with this alone, plus he may have people's address information.

12 Beginner Tips for Better Coin Photos

Everything you need to take great coin photos

Douglas Hubbard: Never attribute to malice or stupidity that which can be explained by moderately rational individuals following incentives in a complex system of interactions.

Carl Sagan: One of the great commandments of science is, "Mistrust arguments from authority."

OK from the look of things we have been done 

I may report it now to my bank as fraud

As Chris said not really worth diddling people for a few quid 

If I am wrong then fair enough but this is going to affect me buying off anyone I don't know

It may be unless a long time member I will want delivery before payment 

After looking into this further:

Before the weekend, we received an email from a Gary claiming he has lost access to his account. However, there is also suspicion to believe that this account may be linked to a previously banned forum member.

TSF was contacted by a ‘Gary’ stating that they had lost access to their account details as well as their email account as their phone broke. And they were emailing form a friend’s email account. They stated that they wanted to rectify the situation as soon as possible.

I had advised them that if they no longer had access to their email they would need to create a new account to contact the buyers.  They did not get back to me with their name and address, despite a follow up email being sent.

They are still yet to respond.

I have just now sent a further follow up email to the asking them to urgently contact the buyers, by creating a new account if needed and letting us know of this new account’s username.

In the meantime you may wish to contact your banks to see if they can reverse the money and mark it as fraudulent. There has been another member who had successfully done this with another seller (who is also now a banned member) and managed to get a refund as the items they paid for did not arrive.

I have also linked below to some basic checks to do when trading and advise to follow these if possible to try to reduce risk as much as possible. 

Discounts / Offers

Hi, my friend is Extremely sorry. 

his phone broke and he didn’t know where to send the items. 

he tried to get a job to pay for a new screen but has fallen short. I’ve now made an account so you can let me know the details and I will pass them on. 

I apologise on his behalf.

thanks. 

5 minutes ago, HelpingHands said:

I hope this is genuine, and if so I wish him/them all the best.

Some sensible advice to people here:

• You should verify that this new account is genuine and represents the original, before providing personal information.  I suggest asking for the bank account details that were originally used.
  • Obviously, you should transfer no more funds.

Douglas Hubbard: Never attribute to malice or stupidity that which can be explained by moderately rational individuals following incentives in a complex system of interactions.

Carl Sagan: One of the great commandments of science is, "Mistrust arguments from authority."

7 minutes ago, MikeG1978 said:

Can this account be trusted with my details though I am a little dubious now 

I suppose you need to balance that with how much you have tied up.

What I can say is the email address for Burgur is the same as what Gary contacted TSF on claiming the account was lost

And is the same IP address as Gary listings

@Burgur5352 I have merged your topic into this topic here. As it is the original trade topic here it will be easier to deal with it here.

Discounts / Offers

3 minutes ago, Burgur5352 said:

There is No Scammer. 

it was an unfortunate event. 

Completely possible and hope Gary is OK and on better ground soon.

Try and see it from the buyers perspective though, they have felt unnerved for days and a new account popping up with who they have never spoken to or dealt with before is obviously going to appear sketchy at best.

I applaud you for reaching out and trying to get this sorted, might be best to get Gary to come on though and do the talking?

This is in no way a direct challenge towards you ,like I say you are only trying to help.

Maybe ask Gary to issue refunds? Then he can try again when better able.

Just now, Mrpound said:

Trying to verify if @Burgur5352is who he says he is 👍

🙄 My post got lost in the merge.  Trying again...

Assuming this is genuine, we wish him/them all the best.

If all is well, the person in control of the Burger5352 account has the bank account, a list of transactions, and the goods.  But they don't have accounts and addresses to match.  This is personally what I'm going to do:

1. PM the account, asking for the bank details originally given to you.  This should confirm the account side of things.
  2. Then provide them with the agreed price and a transaction code or reference.  This identifies you and what you bought.
  3. If they haven't already packed it, you could also ask for a new photo, with proof of date, of the item.  This confirms they have the item.

That should allow them to send the goods to the right place.

4 minutes ago, Burgur5352 said:

I’m going to let him sign into his bank account on my laptop and check his bank account, then we can figure out the people paid and see if he can send the money back. 

Hi.  I hope you and he are well.

Is the intent to refund people, or to complete the transaction and send the goods?

Archived