• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Unknown Johnson Matthey 1oz Bar

Monty51

Well it certainly looks like the one on allengelhard.com - one of a small number of possible prototypes - except yours didn't get a serial number. Interesting piece.

image.png.68142677e58b86f4553bafe367122a57.png

Edited by sixgun

Always cast your vote - Spoil your ballot slip. Put 'Spoilt Ballot - I do not consent.' These votes are counted. If you do not do this you are consenting to the tyranny. None of them are fit for purpose. 
A tyranny relies on propaganda and force. Once the propaganda fails all that's left is force.

COVID-19 is a cover story for the collapsing economy. Green Energy isn't Green and it isn't Renewable.

If you have provided decent images you might get your bar mentioned on the site.

Always cast your vote - Spoil your ballot slip. Put 'Spoilt Ballot - I do not consent.' These votes are counted. If you do not do this you are consenting to the tyranny. None of them are fit for purpose. 
A tyranny relies on propaganda and force. Once the propaganda fails all that's left is force.

COVID-19 is a cover story for the collapsing economy. Green Energy isn't Green and it isn't Renewable.

Well i would get it on allengelhard first - it will be someone else's bar once sold.

On 14/07/2022 at 20:58, sixgun said:

Well i would get it on allengelhard first - it will be someone else's bar once sold.

Absolutely do this please, so it can be documented for other collectors in years to come 

17 minutes ago, Mrpound said:

Blimey that's beyond optimistic! I saw 3 of these on the saleroom a few weeks ago. I stopped at £30 a bar Inc fees went way beyond that! 

Reach for for stars guy's 

25 minutes ago, Mrpound said:

6 minutes ago, Dakaras said:

Blimey that's beyond optimistic! I saw 3 of these on the saleroom a few weeks ago. I stopped at £30 a bar Inc fees went way beyond that! 

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

I an pretty uncertain that this bar was created in “London”.  I think it might be more likely that this was produced in the USA.

JM got out of the gold and silver refining business in about 2014, and shifted their Royston (Hertfordshire) plant away from silver and gold refining to platinum and other chemistry.

Happy to be wrong but I think that they only had casting facilities at Royston….it’s a BIG plant.   

Not my circus, not my monkeys

2 hours ago, Happypanda88 said:

I don't see the attraction in an old 1oz silver bar. What's so special about it ?

Why not buy 25oz of generic silver bullion coins or bars for the asking price !?

Completely agree

Well I don't want to say in case this goes to auction lol, but let's say its a lot less than £595. 

I hope OP isn't annoyed by this discussion, I know discussing prices in sale threads is frowned upon

3 hours ago, HGr said:

Well I don't want to say in case this goes to auction lol, but let's say its a lot less than £595. 

I hope OP isn't annoyed by this discussion, I know discussing prices in sale threads is frowned upon

Lucky for us this isn’t a sale thread 😜

7 hours ago, Monty51 said:

Sold for a little less than price shown to a Canadian collector.One of the rarest JM 1oz bars in existence and should show on Allengelhard shortly.

Great stuff !  I have learnt something new about old rare silver bars from this thread.