• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Packaging for collectable 1oz silver bars

Hi,

Sorry for the newbie question, but I have started collecting low mintage/collectable 1oz silver bars.

Giving that my exit strategy is to sell these in the secondary market in the long term, should I keep the bars in the original plastic wraps or assay cards?

Or should I remove them and store then in a capsule of some sort? I want to keep the silver in the best possible condition whilst trying to hold on to as much resale value as possible.

Any advice is greatly appreciated and thank you in advance :)

3 minutes ago, shakermaker said:

Hi,

Sorry for the newbie question, but I have started collecting low mintage/collectable 1oz silver bars.

Giving that my exit strategy is to sell these in the secondary market in the long term, should I keep the bars in the original plastic wraps or assay cards?

Or should I remove them and store then in a capsule of some sort? I want to keep the silver in the best possible condition whilst trying to hold on to as much resale value as possible.

I seem to remember a similar post a few weeks ago.

In general, keeping them in the original cards or other packaging is preferable.

It will tend to preserve the bars (or coins), protect them, and be more saleable ultimately.

😎

Chards

41 minutes ago, shakermaker said:

Hi,

34 minutes ago, LawrenceChard said:

I seem to remember a similar post a few weeks ago.

In general, keeping them in the original cards or other packaging is preferable.

It will tend to preserve the bars (or coins), protect them, and be more saleable ultimately.

😎

20 minutes ago, daca said:

OPM all the way

7 minutes ago, James32 said:

How manufacturers intended, if eventually looking to sell.

I just remembered the topic / thread title was "omp"!

😎

Chards

7 hours ago, Robda1986 said:

Omp as much as a pain it is it takes up 4-5x the space I went down the same route a while ago and ended up getting 1oz bar tubes think I had a little over 200oz of them at 1 point 🙄

I tried using Google translate to work out what that meant in English!

😎

Chards

I always keep all OMP, collectors want this stuff in the future. 

I wish the first James Bond 1oz bar came in a card, I am sure they will do every film and that will be the odd one out lol. I still kept it in the little plastic wrap though.