• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

2022 Coloured Silver Proof "Pride" Coins - First Sight

2022 Coloured Silver Proof "Pride" Coins - First Sight

I didn't actually get to see these today, because nobody thrust one into my hands or under my nose, but the photos look good (well, most of them)

2022-50YearsofPrideSilverProof50penceCoinTheRoyalMintreversecrop.thumb.jpg.e63e8108d931374e1d230a32d82b0eec.jpg

... and the obverse:

2022-50YearsofPrideSilverProof50penceCoinTheRoyalMintobversecrop.thumb.jpg.f44a7149ec551399c1b06dcbe8aa1ff5.jpg

Presentation box:

2022-50YearsofPrideSilverProof50penceCoinTheRoyalMintinpresentationboxcrop.thumb.jpg.d0bf3d1744e2f58cf170a00f135932e9.jpg

Certificate 

2022-50YearsofPrideSilverProof50penceCoinTheRoyalMintcertificateandspecificationscrop.thumb.jpg.fe6cb33839fc7c2e9a27ea0b97d82afc.jpg

* Now for the "well, almost":

coloursplatter.thumb.JPG.32acec83032cd2b97158af60dafa0e65.JPG

Can't win them all.

I hope it's not body fluids!

Chards

I'm not a fan of coloured coins. And these examples are part of the reason why - they look bloody awful. 

Seriously - i could have done a better job of colouring between the lines after 8 pints and a port & brandy to finish off the night.

Someone needs to point out that they really need to perfect minting plain silver proofs before attempting another process to go wrong.   

1 hour ago, TeaTime said:

I'm not a fan of coloured coins. And these examples are part of the reason why - they look bloody awful. 

Seriously - i could have done a better job of colouring between the lines after 8 pints and a port & brandy to finish off the night.

Someone needs to point out that they really need to perfect minting plain silver proofs before attempting another process to go wrong.   

exactly, disgusting quality and poor coin all round, but i dont generally go for 50p coins anyway so glad its so c**p

It does not matter how slowly you go so long as you do not stop.

Not into coloured coins, however, if the word pride had been moved lower down, it wouldn’t look to bad. Just don’t see why you would buy any coloured coin. (Unless different coloured gold!)

2 hours ago, TeaTime said:

Maybe the colour helps to inhibit milk spots?

Actually coloured coins are not as new or recent as most people think.

For example:

1787georgeiiishillingcolouredreverserevcrop.thumb.jpg.b802f6b49dad0f65586606162fc85c4b.jpg

Hand enameled 1787 silver shilling of George III.

This example has seen better days, but enameled coins in good condition are quite collectable, and quite scarce. I like them.

The more colours the better as far as I am concerned, but I understand that it is more difficult to produce enamelwork in multiple colours.

Enameled gold coins are rarer than silver ones.

😎

Chards

23 hours ago, LawrenceChard said:

Maybe the colour helps to inhibit milk spots?

Actually coloured coins are not as new or recent as most people think.

For example:

1787georgeiiishillingcolouredreverserevcrop.thumb.jpg.b802f6b49dad0f65586606162fc85c4b.jpg

Hand enameled 1787 silver shilling of George III.

This example has seen better days, but enameled coins in good condition are quite collectable, and quite scarce. I like them.

The more colours the better as far as I am concerned, but I understand that it is more difficult to produce enamelwork in multiple colours.

Enameled gold coins are rarer than silver ones.

😎

I have also posted this coin under its own topic, which is what I originally intended, but someone commented on not liking coloured coins.

I do, it's the "colorized"😎 ones I dislike!

Chards

• 2 weeks later...
On 28/06/2022 at 19:24, TeaTime said:

Here are photos of a gold one, with no added colour (except for the red / pink / copper:

2022GoldProofBritishDecimalElizabethIIPridePoundSterling50PenceCoinUnitedKingdomTheRoyalMintrevcrop.thumb.jpg.9c2a5888214cbc0941c7c4488871e62d.jpg

How does that look?

😎

Chards