• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

1/4 oz queens beasts?

so made be a dumb question but i have a full set or the first 1/4 oz proof queens beast collection  , will the new releases devalue this collection?

and second should i get them graded? i am not looking to sell but does grading make more valuable from what i see it seems too? , so is it worth it ? i am not a avid collector and ended up with a full set by accident . buying the first couple then i was in :)

10 minutes ago, Augustus1 said:

so made be a dumb question but i have a full set or the first 1/4 oz proof queens beast collection  , will the new releases devalue this collection?

and second should i get them graded? i am not looking to sell but does grading make more valuable from what i see it seems too? , so is it worth it ? i am not a avid collector and ended up with a full set by accident . buying the first couple then i was in :)

I hope that wasn't the almost proverbial boating accident!

😎

Chards

15 minutes ago, Augustus1 said:

Gold or silver?

Assuming gold as the silver was reverse frosted I believe. If you get a straight run of 70s then boom you have increased the value substantially. 

If you end up with a few 70s and the rest pf68s/69s you have still increased value on some but made the set awkward to sell in its entirety. 

Personally I'd keep raw especially if you're not intending to sell anytime soon. Just enjoy the coins and the fact you're investment is doing very well.

@GoldDiggerDave has recently went through a very similar situation, so he's probably best suited to offer further/definitive advice.

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

Just now, Midasfrog said:

They look great if you put them in a Quickslab as shown here 👍 at only a fraction of the cost , they can also be removed / opened to reuse .

DSC_1328.JPG

thats a idea , can keep the boxes certs etc, but looks well presented cheers 

25 minutes ago, James32 said:

Gold or silver?

Assuming gold as the silver was reverse frosted I believe. If you get a straight run of 70s then boom you have increased the value substantially. 

If you end up with a few 70s and the rest pf68s/69s you have still increased value on some but made the set awkward to sell in its entirety. 

Personally I'd keep raw especially if you're not intending to sell anytime soon. Just enjoy the coins and the fact you're investment is doing very well.

@GoldDiggerDave has recently went through a very similar situation, so he's probably best suited to offer further/definitive advice.

james . that was one of my concerns not getting all to 70s which would be ideal, they are all proof and never been out of the capsules & boxes, even so but we all know the rm quality can be questionable .:), i dont have the experience to check if they would fail to achieve 70s before sending them .  

7 minutes ago, Augustus1 said:

thats a idea , can keep the boxes certs etc, but looks well presented cheers 

Think I would keep in the original RM packaging if your collection is proofs the ones I put in quickslabs are bullion . Contamination from dust ect could be a problem with the proofs if removed from capsules .

I’d get them graded, to get 10 out of 10 of them 70’s would be nice but you have to accept the reality not all will get the high marks.   

When I submitted my 10 QB set I was crossing all my fingers not to get all 70’s just hoping the most popular ones lion of England, Red Dragon of Wales, Unicorn of Scotland all got 70’s and they did as this could bomb the set.

if you need any Submitting to the NGC give me a shout.  

8 minutes ago, Augustus1 said:

james . that was one of my concerns not getting all to 70s which would be ideal, they are all proof and never been out of the capsules & boxes, even so but we all know the rm quality can be questionable .:), i dont have the experience to check if they would fail to achieve 70s before sending them .  

Nobody does I'm afraid ( at the graders discretion)

I've seen perfect coins get a 69 and I've also seen obvious flaws get a 70 😃

It's just whatever mood the graders in on the day and what he determined is minting flaws vrs flaws after the fact ( how he/she can ever be 100% sure of this I will never know)

Never and I repeat never open the capsule unless highly experienced in handling proof coins.

Reach out to @GoldDiggerDave as he offers a one stop grading service and whilst he can't make any guarantees due to the variables above,I'm sure if you sent him some high definition photos in advance, he will at least be able to offer an experienced opinion on whether to run the grading gauntlet or not.

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

25 minutes ago, GoldDiggerDave said:

I’d get them graded, to get 10 out of 10 of them 70’s would be nice but you have to accept the reality not all will get the high marks.   

When I submitted my 10 QB set I was crossing all my fingers not to get all 70’s just hoping the most popular ones lion of England, Red Dragon of Wales, Unicorn of Scotland all got 70’s and they did as this could bomb the set.

if you need any Submitting to the NGC give me a shout.  

cheers fella, will consider i may just keep as is  and let the next owner take the plunge , at 66 years old i am just their caretaker :D

34 minutes ago, Augustus1 said:

cheers fella, will consider i may just keep as is  and let the next owner take the plunge , at 66 years old i am just their caretaker :D

That's all we are with any coins the luck custodians.     Honestly I keep saying this about the Strike on the day sovereigns, with low mintages some one 100 years from now will be holding one of mine and making a fortune.