• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Binlord of the week on ebay

dicker

On 30/01/2024 at 11:27, Thomast said:

Seller has swapped out the proof 5 Sov for a BU 5 sov. In a 5 coin proof set

could fool most people including NGC 😂

wouldn’t be hard to find the seller if you so wish

IMG_2236.jpeg

Did you buy the set?

2 hours ago, HonestMoneyGoldSilver said:

Can somebody please explain this to me? I reported this listing:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/364660655346

It's the usual ASEs from China at £3/each, totally legit of course, ASEs and sovs are manufactured by the Chinese Mint 🙄

And the response from eBay:

----------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks again for reporting the listing(s) you found. 

What happened:
We looked into your report and didn’t find the listing to be in violation of our policy.  This determination was made by a customer service agent.

I’ve had numerous similar results when flagging certain items to eBay. All the while moral code and ethics cost them revenue they’ll continue to turn a blind eye as often as they can 

15 minutes ago, Thomast said:

Yes, it’s been sent back for a refund

Did seller give any explanation/excuse? 😆 🤣 

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

Just now, Thomast said:

Didnt have much to say 😂

Was a great spot, can easily see how someone would have done a quick check of coins frontage and not check the obverse /potrait side

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

3 hours ago, HonestMoneyGoldSilver said:

Can somebody please explain this to me? I reported this listing:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/364660655346

It's the usual ASEs from China at £3/each, totally legit of course, ASEs and sovs are manufactured by the Chinese Mint 🙄

And the response from eBay:

----------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks again for reporting the listing(s) you found. 

What happened:
We looked into your report and didn’t find the listing to be in violation of our policy.  This determination was made by a customer service agent.

Exactly the same as when I tried reporting similar, won't be bothering again;

nor buying much there - den of ineptitude and dishonesty.

A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they will never sit in.

31 minutes ago, Coverte said:
33 minutes ago, Coverte said:

Exactly the same as when I tried reporting similar, won't be bothering again;

nor buying much there - den of ineptitude and dishonesty.

Ii sell on eBay , and I’m a top rated seller, so yes eBay do have high standards??? 

1 minute ago, Jake0111 said:

He might catch a fish one day, if he waits long enough.

He wont as mine will be going on for a tenner cheaper before that happens lol

Another scammer who should be kicked in the B******S each morning and twice on a Sunday

This is an Auction for the Coin in the Photo

It is a Full Victorian Sovereign dated 1893

This is a re-strike and weighs 8gms 

This is an exact copy of the real thing at a much cheaper cost but looks and feels like the original

The Quality and the condition is outstanding and has been in my collection for many years 

Edited by Spyder

Never Chase and Never Regret 

2 minutes ago, margin said:

Tough call. At least they’re somewhat transparent about it. You can buy these for about £1 on aliexpress!

He is not being transparent. A restrike is made of the same size and material eg Austrian Ducat. 

Something made of brass or steel is a fake copy.  The bit about being in his collection for many years is a complete lie as these have flooding ebay only the last couple of years.

Gold is the money of kings, silver is the money of gentlemen, barter is the money of peasants, and debt is the money of slaves

2 minutes ago, bobski said:

Agree and pretending to give Proceeds to seventh heaven cat and rescue centre

A friend who is responsible for quite a large business a/c on ebay had a meting with them about 10 days ago to renegotiate terms.

Apparently their incomes this year to date are down on expectations and last year, so I see little prospect of them trying to stop these appalling scams, simply because they generate income.

A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they will never sit in.

I wonder what intentions the 39 people bidding on this item have?

While the sellers are scumbags the bigger villain is eBay. They operate a criminal enterprise in counterfeit currency, forgeries, fakes and replicas. If any of us were to replicate eBay's sales for a week I'm pretty sure we'd end up in jail for 2 years. Google are pretty bad too, they do nothing but promote scams on YouTube. Shocking.

Mind is primary and mass-energy is derivative

1 minute ago, HonestMoneyGoldSilver said:

While the sellers are scumbags the bigger villain is eBay. They operate a criminal enterprise in counterfeit currency, forgeries, fakes and replicas. If any of us were to replicate eBay's sales for a week I'm pretty sure we'd end up in jail for 2 years. Google are pretty bad too, they do nothing but promote scams on YouTube. Shocking.

Good point, in the USA I assume eventually a group would find a greedy attorney and start a class action lawsuit - but those can drag on for years - plus I'm unsure if such selling practices happen over there ??

2 minutes ago, HonestMoneyGoldSilver said:

I would guess a few are just gullible chancers and others are thinking if they have been scammed at the least the money be going to help a cat sanctuary. The truth is, the only animal that will benefit from that money is the pig who did the listing.

9 minutes ago, Coverte said:

Good point, in the USA I assume eventually a group would find a greedy attorney and start a class action lawsuit - but those can drag on for years - plus I'm unsure if such selling practices happen over there ??

They sure do. The place is flooded with fake ASEs which fall under the purview of the Secret Service. It's one rule for the rich corporate types and another set of rules for the rest of us

Mind is primary and mass-energy is derivative