• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Yesterday's Coin Cabinet Auction

Anyone manage to get anything at a reasonable price from the last two? Everything yesterday seemed to go sky high, most modern coins I could have sourced from expensive main dealers cheaper including 1989s. Prices seemed to be a solid 15% up on last similar auction. Just bad luck? Was it too near to payday? 

Wasn't much I was interested in but what did interest me wound up ending significantly higher than a same coin I picked up recently in a better grade so wasn't about to bid on that. This has sadly been my experience with recent CC auctions. I don't know how it is overall but for several auctions now the coins I've had an interest in have been bid up higher than I could source them for elsewhere. Good for the sellers - not sure what the buyers are thinking.

2 hours ago, foinikas said:

I bought a couple of modern gold coins at pf70 way below release price. So i was extremely happy! 
there were many modern coins being sold at cost or below cost..

There were a few exceptions in the modern listings but not the 2002 half I wanted 😡 went for loads higher than expected. Which ones did you grab?

Edited by Richiesilver

21 hours ago, Richiesilver said:

There were a few exceptions in the modern listings but not the 2002 half I wanted 😡 went for loads higher than expected. Which ones did you grab?

I got the Who 1oz gold pf70 @ £1900 and the 2019 gold 50 pence 50 years @ £775. I really like the design in both coins and wanted to buy them, so i got them at a great price.

cant understand why the 2019 gold 50 pence i bought has not been a succees.. i really love the design and as a circulation coin design i thought it would make it more desirable ..

It's quite funny how quickly some items from Coin Cabinet auctions appear for sale here on TSF. And based on the results of those few trades I noticed, there's little to no profit to be made in this way...

Does anyone else also notice lots from recent auctions being offered here shortly afterwards? How profitable those trades were?

On 10/11/2021 at 23:16, CollectForFun said:

It's quite funny how quickly some items from Coin Cabinet auctions appear for sale here on TSF. And based on the results of those few trades I noticed, there's little to no profit to be made in this way...

Does anyone else also notice lots from recent auctions being offered here shortly afterwards? How profitable those trades were?

Judging by the recent action here and there....more profit to be made the other way around!

1 minute ago, Foster88 said:

Is anyone able to see the sale results from yesterday’s auctions?

I’ve looked on the app and I can only see the past results for the auction on 5th November.

Hi, you are looking at the pre-bid date, look down a bit and it says 14th. They are the correct ones. I was going to bid on a few but guess who forgot to register!!!!! 😞

On 15/11/2021 at 17:42, Richiesilver said:

Hi, you are looking at the pre-bid date, look down a bit and it says 14th. They are the correct ones. I was going to bid on a few but guess who forgot to register!!!!! 😞

I can’t seem to see the two auction results from Sunday 14th November.

I’ve clicked on the past sales but this is all I see with the most recent from 5th November. 🤷🏻‍♂️

A784368D-681B-4094-8E23-988B57C9BB75.jpeg

19 minutes ago, Foster88 said:

I can’t seem to see the two auction results from Sunday 14th November.

I’ve clicked on the past sales but this is all I see with the most recent from 5th November. 🤷🏻‍♂️

That's the correct auctions, #51 part 1 and 2. The auctions opened for bidding on 5 Nov and hammertime was 14 Nov. 👍

The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

• 2 weeks later...
On 02/11/2021 at 20:05, Simmoleon said:

Why was the 1953 5 shilling so expensive? I assume it’s not the same one that comes from the 1953 proof set? 

Good question. 🤔

Screen Shot 2021-11-27 at 8.41.11 pm.png

Screen Shot 2021-11-27 at 8.41.21 pm.png

The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken