• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Where do you get your parcels sent to?

Hi,

Hope you all having a good weekend.

Can you request parcels to be delivered to a post office for collection? Or even to a amazon drop off points? Or another location? For a small fee or for free(ideally at no extra cost)?

PO boxes have a yearly fee I think.

Thanks

There is sometimes an option depending what you're ordering and where from 

https://www.postoffice.co.uk/mail/local-collect

Some retailers have it as an option. If you're referring to pms specifically I've not seen such an option. 

If I order anything online I get shipped to a mates work place and collect when I'm passing 

Pretty much the only option is a PO Box which is not cheap, but if privacy is your key factor then it is important. 

Just as a note, a lot of businesses won't ship to a PO Box, so might be worth checking with dealers if they are able to. 

In addition, only Royal Mail items can be delivered to a PO box. Anything coming from a courier will just sit in a depot for ages until it is returned or you work out where it is and collect it. 

Visit my website for all my Hand Poured Silver: http://backyardbullion.com

And check out my YouTube channel 

https://www.youtube.com/backyardbullion

Thanks for the responses. 

It seems madness in this day and age we cant get a parcel sent to a drop of point for collection. 

Privacy and convenience. Could kill two birds with one stone if this was available without a heavy fee :).

Thanks

Edited by Slam

8 minutes ago, Slam said:

Thanks for the responses. 

It seems madness in this day and age we cant get a parcel sent to a drop of point for collection. 

Privacy and convenience. Could kill two birds with one stone if this was available without a heavy fee :).

Thanks

Some countries it's quite a normal thing. Have a post shop in most towns and then the receiver simply goes there to collect and voila

28 minutes ago, modofantasma said:

Some countries it's quite a normal thing. Have a post shop in most towns and then the receiver simply goes there to collect and voila

Yeah, thats why its surprising in the UK that we cannot do this. I just assumed it was possible but seems like it isn't without some fee or hassle. 

Here in the UK it isn't so much that the service doesn't exist but rather that it isn't consolidated amongst all the companies. I can think of a few couriers off hand where you can order a parcel to be sent to a local shop/courier collection point instead of an actual address. But they don't all offer this and they don't mix and match.

The above being said it all might be in the process of changing here as a company called InPost has been growing and partnering with more companies including eBay, Amazon, DHL, myHermes, etc. They're not fully there yet but they are expanding and I suspect will get there at some point so keep an eye out on them if this service is important to you.

I have used a company to ship from the us to the UK. Handy for American eBay purchases where the seller doesn't want to ship abroad. The company is called ship it to. Lately I have noticed a few more popping up, a quick Google and I come up with these. https://www.forward2me.com/ 

Not sure of the security of these companies, I have never had a problem with the one I use but I suppose it minimises the risk of a unknown having your address and I use them for different reasons but one may offer a service you are looking for.