• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Everyone Chime in:Advice

There is a possibility that it is a de-lamination ,where the bar  used to make the original Planchet, had foreign matter within it.

When this is then rolled to make the silver sheet for the rounds, the foreign matter is elongated with the pressure of the rollers, so will form a strip or voids across the planchets.

Once the dies strike the blanks the gases trapped in the dross , blows out the debris through the thin silver layer.    

Or it could be a Chinese Friday afternoon special.      

28 minutes ago, Wampum said:

There is a possibility that it is a de-lamination ,where the bar  used to make the original Planchet, had foreign matter within it.

When this is then rolled to make the silver sheet for the rounds, the foreign matter is elongated with the pressure of the rollers, so will form a strip or voids across the planchets.

Once the dies strike the blanks the gases trapped in the dross , blows out the debris through the thin silver layer.    

Or it could be a Chinese Friday afternoon special.      

I was convinced it was plated but that alternate explanation is interesting...

23 hours ago, SilverJacks said:

I was convinced it was plated but that alternate explanation is interesting...

Would love to be able to cut this along both axis to see what the actual make up is,

I would not do this to any coin of any value, and this in itself is probably valuable to a error collector, however it is more bullion than numismatic,so most like a melt coin anyway(if not a plated copy)

There is probably a few of these given the flaw runs across the whole surface. 

I would have thought a plated ,however Sigma testing found it to be pure, so to me it is more than likely a de-lam albeit a very severe one.

@MintageSellerthis looks similar if not as extreme, and is a de-lam 

whgbbt3lh5121.jpg