• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Would you get into this new series?

wilspeak

6 hours ago, wilspeak said:

Since I missed the Queens Beast series. I now want to get into this series.  The New series the "Star War Faces of the Empire Collection" by the New Zealand Mint.  What are your thoughts about this new series?

Do you happen to know where the "New Zealand Mint" is located?

... or anything about its production facilities?

Chards

6 minutes ago, Gordy said:

Personally I wouldn't as they seem a bit gimmicky and they'll probably be overpriced too, but we all can't like the same thing, the world would be boring if we did...  

I think you and I Gordy might like a Schnelly wagon series! Mit Bratty and chips and Currywurst!

Central bankers are politicians disguised as economists or bankers. They’re either incompetent or liars. So, either way, you’re never going to get a valid answer.” - Peter Schiff

Sound money is not a guarantee of a free society, but a free society is impossible without sound money. We are currently a society enslaved by debt.

If you are a new member and want to know why we stack PMs look at this link https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/56131-videos-of-significance/#comment-381454

1 minute ago, Gordy said:

Imagine a silver brattie!!!

I'd never buy one! A future girlfriend may steal it for extral mural activities, which would not render kind to my eyes..... Also make her rich and me continuing to mow the lawn but put me out of my main role in the relationship!

Central bankers are politicians disguised as economists or bankers. They’re either incompetent or liars. So, either way, you’re never going to get a valid answer.” - Peter Schiff

Sound money is not a guarantee of a free society, but a free society is impossible without sound money. We are currently a society enslaved by debt.

If you are a new member and want to know why we stack PMs look at this link https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/56131-videos-of-significance/#comment-381454

25 minutes ago, HerefordBullyun said:

I'd never buy one! A future girlfriend may steal it for extral mural activities, which would not render kind to my eyes..... Also make her rich and me continuing to mow the lawn but put me out of my main role in the relationship!

you could always sabotage it with extra hot currywurst sauce 😭

It does not matter how slowly you go so long as you do not stop.

you could always sabotage it with extra hot currywurst sauce 😭

I think I'd opt for ghost chilli sauce as none of the birds Ive dated ever had any feelings!

2 hours ago, LawrenceChard said:

It appears the NZ government use any mint in the world for their currency, other than the New Zealand mint in Aukland.  Is there a reason for this?

20 minutes ago, dikefalos said:

Maybe a Currywurst privy can help you. Maybe it goes well with a 1 OZ french baguette 

2020-_1-WMF-Privy-Mark-Coin_REV_720x.jpg

sac.fw_b.png

29329_French-Baguette-Ag-1oz-2020_o-1-910x910.png

brilliant

It does not matter how slowly you go so long as you do not stop.

brilliant

Are you going to buy one Gordy with a golden can of Herforder series too?

12 minutes ago, Arcadian said:

It appears the NZ government use any mint in the world for their currency, other than the New Zealand mint in Aukland.  Is there a reason for this?

I strongly suspect it's because there is no mint in Auckland, or anywhere else in New Zealand. 🙂

Chards

12 minutes ago, LawrenceChard said:

I strongly suspect it's because there is no mint in Auckland, or anywhere else in New Zealand. 🙂

Yes, I did a search for tour, thinking that the Royal Mint does a tour so why wouldn't the NZ mint, but I couldn't find anything.  They do have flashy city-centre offices though, which always raises alarm bells for me.

17 minutes ago, Arcadian said:

Yes, I did a search for tour, thinking that the Royal Mint does a tour so why wouldn't the NZ mint, but I couldn't find anything.  They do have flashy city-centre offices though, which always raises alarm bells for me.

The alarm bells may be overkill.

I have heard of them before, and they are a privately owned company, who just chose an impressive sounding name.

Their Wikipedia page is reasonably informative: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Zealand_Mint

This page https://taxfreegold.co.uk/pacificsovereign.html

contains a slight inaccuracy "produced", as actual production was by either Perth Mint or Valcambi, from memory.

Chards

23 minutes ago, LawrenceChard said:

The alarm bells may be overkill.

I have heard of them before, and they are a privately owned company, who just chose an impressive sounding name.

Their Wikipedia page is reasonably informative: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Zealand_Mint

This page https://taxfreegold.co.uk/pacificsovereign.html

contains a slight inaccuracy "produced", as actual production was by either Perth Mint or Valcambi, from memory.

Now i know, why packaging looks often like from the Mint of Poland. I only knew that the 2 kilo deathstar was made by CIT/B.H.Mayer. Hopefully they don't come with a Three Graces Chibi Coin collection

6 hours ago, LawrenceChard said:

The New Zealand Mint is a privately owned mint based in Auckland, New Zealand that has been operating for over 50 years. Although privately owned, the New Zealand Mint is the only precious metals mint in the country. It is also one of the first world mints to accept the high quality.9999 gold purity standard for its gold coins.

On 15/08/2021 at 17:30, wilspeak said:

The New Zealand Mint is a privately owned mint based in Auckland, New Zealand that has been operating for over 50 years. Although privately owned, the New Zealand Mint is the only precious metals mint in the country. It is also one of the first world mints to accept the high quality.9999 gold purity standard for its gold coins.

I wasn't asking because I wanted information. For that I would have Googled it in half the time.

I asked because I wanted to draw the OP's attention to their status. See my post from 3 hours before yours: 

🙂

Edited by LawrenceChard

Chards

On 15/08/2021 at 18:31, LawrenceChard said:

I wasn't asking because I wanted information. For that I would have Googled it in half the time.

I asked because I wanted to draw the OP's attention to thier status. See my post from 3 hours before yours: 

🙂

I havent heard anything negative about the NZ Mint, what are the alarm bells about?. My order came today , but I wasnt home. As soon as I get the coin Im going to post a picture of it here. 

8 hours ago, wilspeak said:

I havent heard anything negative about the NZ Mint, what are the alarm bells about?

On 15/08/2021 at 14:17, Arcadian said:

I also have not heard anything negative about New Zealand Mint, other than the fact they chose  a company name which is slightly misleading.

I even included a link to a page on one of our older, heritage, websites, with one of their products, the Pacific Sovereign.

It was Arcadian who mentioned alarm bells, and as you can see, I posted that this was overkill (in other words, nothing to worry about).

"flashy city-centre offices" can also serve as a caution flag, because many small coin dealers or marketing companies advertise as being in prestigious addresses, which often turn out to be "accomodation" addresses.

In the case of NZM, I do not think this is anything to worry about, but I do believe people should be aware that they are not a mint, and not owned by the New Zealand government.

It reminds of of the misleadingly named "The London Mint Office", which is not a mint, not in London, but their name fools most people into thinking they are The Royal Mint. They (LMO) are owned by Samlerhuset Group, who own many subsidiaries, and are infamous for their less than transparent advertising, and less than perfect ethical standards.

Chards

39 minutes ago, LawrenceChard said:

I also have not heard anything negative about New Zealand Mint, other than the fact they chose  a company name which is slightly misleading.

I even included a link to a page on one of our older, heritage, websites, with one of their products, the Pacific Sovereign.

It was Arcadian who mentioned alarm bells, and as you can see, I posted that this was overkill (in other words, nothing to worry about).

"flashy city-centre offices" can also serve as a caution flag, because many small coin dealers or marketing companies advertise as being in prestigious addresses, which often turn out to be "accomodation" addresses.

In the case of NZM, I do not think this is anything to worry about, but I do believe people should be aware that they are not a mint, and not owned by the New Zealand government.

It reminds of of the misleadingly named "The London Mint Office", which is not a mint, not in London, but their name fools most people into thinking they are The Royal Mint. They (LMO) are owned by Samlerhuset Group, who own many subsidiaries, and are infamous for their less than transparent advertising, and less than perfect ethical standards.

Does Simon Harding still own the NZ Mint?