• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Brewdog - solid gold

ady

I would be very unhappy if it were me.

I wouldn't expect the space in the can where the beer goes to be solid gold, just the parts of the can that are normally made of aluminium.

If he weighs an empty can that is made of aluminium, the divides that by the density aluminium, then mutiply that by the density of gold, that should give the weight in gold the can should have been made from.  He should ask for that much weight gold in bullion.

1 hour ago, Tortoise said:

I would be very unhappy if it were me.

I wouldn't expect the space in the can where the beer goes to be solid gold, just the parts of the can that are normally made of aluminium.

If he weighs an empty can that is made of aluminium, the divides that by the density aluminium, then mutiply that by the density of gold, that should give the weight in gold the can should have been made from.  He should ask for that much weight gold in bullion.

I've worked this out at 7.14x mass of Aluminium which on say a 10g can would be a tidy amount.

28 minutes ago, tallthinkev said:

When they charge £6 a half, they can afford to give away real solid gold cans! When suing or court cases it's near always meet in the middle, I'd settle for, what, 7 1oz Brits, 30 Sovs? 

30 of these? 

IMG_20210630_081740.jpg

Asstated thier p[roduct is already over priced. 

They will make more money from the 'scandal' publicity than adding a few solid gold canto packs or the fine they get. 

Plus dealers will be weighing each pack to find the ones with the golden as it will be notably heavier. 

Thats my thoughts. ;)

• 6 months later...

The watchdog agreed that the thing was misleading, the guy did not get anything I believe and Brewdog started a new campaign called The Sequel: A Gold Plated Apology......

Though I'll add that the T and C of the original competition do seem to mention an alternative prize of 10000 pounds worth of shares and a VIP tour....

Edited by argentumstacker
Added more details