• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Silver Trader

Ben999

Hi,

Has anyone purchased any items through Silver Trader?

The reason for asking is that I've seen some 1oz coins I would like to purchase. I understand you need an account, however there is no option on the website to register, only login. 

I've emailed Martin but as yet have had no response. 

I thought I had read somewhere that he was not taking new registrations, but wasn't sure if this is still the case.  

Thanks

Ben

7 minutes ago, Ben999 said:

I thought I had read somewhere that he was not taking new registrations

it was like that last time i last looked a few months ago when all the Gamestop/Silver Squeeze hype was in the press 

31 minutes ago, Ben999 said:

Hi,

Has anyone purchased any items through Silver Trader?

The reason for asking is that I've seen some 1oz coins I would like to purchase. I understand you need an account, however there is no option on the website to register, only login. 

I've emailed Martin but as yet have had no response. 

I thought I had read somewhere that he was not taking new registrations, but wasn't sure if this is still the case.  

Thanks

Ben

Which coins are you after? 

I've bought from Martin @ silvertrader many times. Great seller, normally among the best prices around. I know he's been restricting sales to existing customers only recently because of all the craziness, but I'd email him and ask if you can set up an account. Worth getting an account in any case, be it now or later.

You could also place a wanted in the trade section here, you'll likely find what you're after.

17 minutes ago, Bigmarc said:

Which coins are you after? 

I'm after the following 1oz silver coins:-

2020 Allegories Italia & Germania

2021 John Wayne the Duke

2021 Tokelau Planet Terra.

I'll stick on the trading page and hopefully someone can help. 

57 minutes ago, Ben999 said:

I'm after the following 1oz silver coins:-

2020 Allegories Italia & Germania

2021 John Wayne the Duke

2021 Tokelau Planet Terra.

I'll stick on the trading page and hopefully someone can help. 

Try mad4silver. You still have to sign up and they only trade at the weekends. I've only use a couple of time but have always been a good choice.

He's not taking any new accounts on atm but if you want me to source them for you i could get what you need and send them on to you.. you can send the money to me and i'll order them then its just a case of paying for postage.. 

It does not matter how slowly you go so long as you do not stop.

Top bloke is Martin . He is not happy with the quality of the new Robin Hoods from the Royal Mint and has priced them accordingly . That's an honest seller. As he is a one man business  he is struggling with the amount of orders at the moment , but for regular customers the service is still very fast . 

Just now, pricha said:

Top bloke is Martin . He is not happy with the quality of the new Robin Hoods from the Royal Mint and has priced them accordingly . That's an honest seller. As he is a one man business  he is struggling with the amount of orders at them moment , but for regular customers the service is still very fast . 

Agreed... top man.. 

• Founder & Administrator

He is/was on the forum. However, businesses require a Business Account now to be on the forum. I will however tag him in and give him a chance to reply to you, without the need for him to upgrade his account.

He can then decided if he would like to upgrade and continue on the forum and upgrade or not. @SilverTrader

My posts are my personal opinions, they do not constitute advice or financial advice.

Please Follow / Like / Share to help spread the word of The Silver Forum:
TSF Instagram - TSF YouTube channel - TSF Facebook pageTSF Twitter page - TSF Threads (used for sever status updates)

Discounts / Offers
COTR Vouchers for Premium Members

Official TSF branded NGC label via COR grading
50% discount off of TSF mugs for Platinum Premium Members. (see info in Platinum Lounge)
Platinum Premium Members: Offers from selected Dealers - 15 dealers currently in the programme

HI Ben and everyone else lol & thanks chris for tagging me in for old times sake 🙂

As already mentioned I'm still a one man operation and as time has gone on i've had to consentrate purely on my website sales so even though i joined the Silverforum in 2014 lol (feel old)

I've probably not logged in and posted anything for a good few years same as my Ebay shop which i closed down about 7 months ago due to the amount of business I am getting see ebay link

https://www.ebay.co.uk/usr/silvertraderuk

If you can find another dealer on ebay who managed to get 17752 positive feedback without negs let me know 🙂

Basically at the moment i'm very busy so i still have restrictions on my website for the simple reason I am unwilling to let my standards drop by taking on too many orders

Those being prices as stated except for possible discounts at the checkout, I never do pre Sales if its on the site its in stock, shipping within 24 hours of payment maybe 48 hours if a bank holiday Tuesday lol

etc etc I just had a silverforum member message me today about an account and i have set them up so I am still allowing people to join if emailed but i'm controlling the numbers 🙂

otherwise as stated in my website notification below

thanks people and I hope you are all ok 🙂 sincerely martin

Dear Customers, for the time being NEW ACCOUNT REGISTRATIONS are suspended as I will only be dealing with my already existing customers. There are also order size restrictions currently of 30 items at most in place. Sorry about this but as a one man operation I can only deal with so many orders at once. If you have any questions you can contact me by email martin@silvertrader.uk or ring me on Tel: 0191 2099300 Sincerely Martin.

1 minute ago, SilverTrader said:

HI Ben and everyone else lol & thanks chris for tagging me in for old times sake 🙂

As already mentioned I'm still a one man operation and as time has gone on i've had to consentrate purely on my website sales so even though i joined the Silverforum in 2014 lol (feel old)

I've probably not logged in and posted anything for a good few years same as my Ebay shop which i closed down about 7 months ago due to the amount of business I am getting see ebay link

https://www.ebay.co.uk/usr/silvertraderuk

If you can find another dealer on ebay who managed to get 17752 positive feedback without negs let me know 🙂

Basically at the moment i'm very busy so i still have restrictions on my website for the simple reason I am unwilling to let my standards drop by taking on too many orders

Those being prices as stated except for possible discounts at the checkout, I never do pre Sales if its on the site its in stock, shipping within 24 hours of payment maybe 48 hours if a bank holiday Tuesday lol

etc etc I just had a silverforum member message me today about an account and i have set them up so I am still allowing people to join if emailed but i'm controlling the numbers 🙂

otherwise as stated in my website notification below

thanks people and I hope you are all ok 🙂 sincerely martin

Dear Customers, for the time being NEW ACCOUNT REGISTRATIONS are suspended as I will only be dealing with my already existing customers. There are also order size restrictions currently of 30 items at most in place. Sorry about this but as a one man operation I can only deal with so many orders at once. If you have any questions you can contact me by email martin@silvertrader.uk or ring me on Tel: 0191 2099300 Sincerely Martin.

Those Robin Hoods ain't that bad btw... 😊

9 minutes ago, Ben999 said:

Hi Martin,

Thanks for the quick response.

If its okay with you I'll send you an email in the morning in order set up an account.

Regards 

Ben

Result. Dont forget to sign up for the newsletters which give you discount codes every month.👍

I'm not a paid up business seller on here Ben

So not wishing to take the mickey i can't comment on your future intensions lol

As for the Robin Hoods Gordy

I never sent the worst ones out and can only comment on the monster box i received 136 complete trash and the rest almost without exception each had issues either dark lines, scratches, milking, discolouration etc etc everything you could possibly find wrong with a coin nowadays they have them.

I made my feeling known on the listings

Sadly the quality of this coin is Terrible even for Royal Mint Standards,  It is probably the worst coin of the year so far hence the price! of the 500 I’ve recieved I doubt i’ll find 10 that are up to standard so buy these with the knowledge they will have marks, scratches and milking issues.

anyway back to work long day ahead tomorrow

thanks everyone and stay safe

sincerely martin

9 minutes ago, SilverTrader said:

I'm not a paid up business seller on here Ben

So not wishing to take the mickey i can't comment on your future intensions lol

As for the Robin Hoods Gordy

I never sent the worst ones out and can only comment on the monster box i received 136 complete trash and the rest almost without exception each had issues either dark lines, scratches, milking, discolouration etc etc everything you could possibly find wrong with a coin nowadays they have them.

I made my feeling known on the listings

Sadly the quality of this coin is Terrible even for Royal Mint Standards,  It is probably the worst coin of the year so far hence the price! of the 500 I’ve recieved I doubt i’ll find 10 that are up to standard so buy these with the knowledge they will have marks, scratches and milking issues.

anyway back to work long day ahead tomorrow

thanks everyone and stay safe

sincerely martin

Thanks Martin, its great to get some "insider" knowledge here. I was on the fence about buying one of these online but now will put my money into something else shiny and presumably much prettier :)

10 hours ago, SilverTrader said:

Shocking nowadays to read this.
Many of us experienced a similar lack of quality when the RM issued its first 999 silver Britannias in 2013.
Isn't it time the "industry" wrote a strong letter to the people in charge copied to anyone in command that could actually wake them up and stir the pot ?
The sad thing is that the RM does issue stunning coins and has the capability but I am guessing when they switch from minting 10 pence coins or some foreign coinage to silver ounces they forget the rough handling damages the softer metal. If their bigger customers don't reject the c.r.a.p. they'll just continue.

• Founder & Administrator

Martin has decided to concentrate on his website, recently he hasn't visited the forum as has been very busy with his website. He has therefore decided not to go ahead with a Business Account currently, but we hope that he may reactivate his account in the future as he is always welcome :) 

So if anyone needs to contact him, please do so via his website: https://www.silvertrader.uk

My posts are my personal opinions, they do not constitute advice or financial advice.

Please Follow / Like / Share to help spread the word of The Silver Forum:
TSF Instagram - TSF YouTube channel - TSF Facebook pageTSF Twitter page - TSF Threads (used for sever status updates)

Discounts / Offers
COTR Vouchers for Premium Members

Official TSF branded NGC label via COR grading
50% discount off of TSF mugs for Platinum Premium Members. (see info in Platinum Lounge)
Platinum Premium Members: Offers from selected Dealers - 15 dealers currently in the programme

Archived