• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Myths and Legends - Robin Hood 2021

ak74

Where can i buy the Robin hood coin.  Does anyone know who in the UK apart from the RM is stocking this coin at reasonable premiums. 

I am going to buy this series with my daughter. 

10% premium at the royal mint,  which thinking about it is 5% over a standard britannia.  I am going to ring the RM tomorrow and i will ask them if the coin will be availible for dealers. 

2 hours ago, Edeline said:

I think the series will hit its stride once Maid Marion is released (the market definitely has a preference for artwork depicting beautiful women!)

The Arthurian mythology will almost certainly make an appearance, and if each theme gets three coins, I’m guessing that it will be Arthur, Guinevere and Merlin.  I can see those being popular with collectors.  After that, I’m less certain.  Shakespeare’s fairy court of Oberon, Titania and Puck would make a nice set, or perhaps figures from the Mabinogion like Rhiannon, Blodeuwedd or Bran the Blessed.  I think the series could be a surprise hit, so I'm getting in early, but the coins aren't priced that much higher than Britannias, so I don't think I'm risking too much if they don't take off in the future.     

Wow if you are right the arthurian mythology would certainly be successful IMHO

On 21/03/2021 at 16:30, Edeline said:

I think the series will hit its stride once Maid Marion is released (the market definitely has a preference for artwork depicting beautiful women!)

The Arthurian mythology will almost certainly make an appearance, and if each theme gets three coins, I’m guessing that it will be Arthur, Guinevere and Merlin.  I can see those being popular with collectors.  After that, I’m less certain.  Shakespeare’s fairy court of Oberon, Titania and Puck would make a nice set, or perhaps figures from the Mabinogion like Rhiannon, Blodeuwedd or Bran the Blessed.  I think the series could be a surprise hit, so I'm getting in early, but the coins aren't priced that much higher than Britannias, so I don't think I'm risking too much if they don't take off in the future.     

This made me think of seeing a coin released with an image of Brian Blessed on it.  It would be a very LOUD and hairy design 😉😄

Just bought myself the one ounce gold too off the back of selling a kilo bar of silver. I justified the extra 5% over a brit for a stab at it.......one of the sets could really hit it out the park and by that time the premium on one of these coins could have shot right up. Spot could drop but its not going to fall off a cliff, but it could equally go up. Anyway its my 1st ounce of gold and i love it ........iv joined the big boys club ☺

Wish i was rich enough to buy 2 of everything 😒 

One for you......and one for me

One for you..................and one for me

So, I've recommended this coin to a friend of mine (and ordered for him also, together with an item I've ordered for myself).

I'm pleasantly surprised by it.

Has lots of detail, and quality is beyond what Royal Mint does lately (at least with silver).

@MoralHazardenjoy the pictures.

20210408_141554.jpg

20210408_141206.jpg

Got mine!  What a beautiful coin, but I can see the quality control issues that others have picked up on.  I don't expect a proof finish on a bullion coin, but the Queen's head has taken a bit of a battering during the minting on three out of four of my silver coins, which is disappointing.  I really want this series to do well, and I think it's got a lot of promise, but RM are hobbling it with a reputation for poor production quality before it's had the chance to find it's feet.

20210410_183050.jpg

20210410_111147.jpg

1 hour ago, Edeline said:

but the Queen's head has taken a bit of a battering

Sorry man is there a complaints and returns option for royal mint iv never recieveda bad coin so iv never looked into it? Thats above any normal damage that though.......looks like theyv been playing pogs with it. 

8 minutes ago, Squalleonhart said:

Sorry man is there a complaints and returns option for royal mint iv never recieveda bad coin so iv never looked into it? Thats above any normal damage that though.......looks like theyv been playing pogs with it. 

It's bad, right?  I've had scuffed coins before and never bothered with returning, but I think the damage to these is excessive enough that I'm going to have to see about sending the flawed ones back.  I hope they just give me an exchange.  I really love these coins, and I normally don't mind a few scratches, but the premiums are too high to overlook this kind of damage.

5 minutes ago, Edeline said:

It's bad, right?  I've had scuffed coins before and never bothered with returning, but I think the damage to these is excessive enough that I'm going to have to see about sending the flawed ones back.  I hope they just give me an exchange.  I really love these coins, and I normally don't mind a few scratches, but the premiums are too high to overlook this kind of damage.

https://www.royalmail.com/track-my-return/create/3413

I'm way too late to buy a set of QBs at reasonable prices but if they do a set of these in 1/4 Oz Gold I'm tempted to get on board, the the current feedback on the Silver's does worry me so will hold fire and wait.

Looking to complete a date run of Bu Sovs and still require; 2010, 2011, 2018 & 2019

Archived