• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

closed 10x 1oz scotsdale silver bars

rooster

Hi,

Id be interested is some of these... Would you do a price on 10?

Can I ask where they came from please?

Sadly it’s a heavily faked bar, available on AliB’s & Wish sealed like this.

Are you sure this isn’t rust? It’s a odd colour for toning?

Thanks 

FF55D673-8A8D-48BC-9C23-125773D74A79.jpeg

Many thanks, Elliot

Check out my ebay store, buy direct and get at least 10% discount. https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/investincoins888

57 minutes ago, InvestInCoins888 said:

Hi,

Thanks 

19 minutes ago, Oliman said:

Yea also interested but where were these purchased please? 

Hi there,

These were purchased from bleyer bullion and it was over the phone with Caroline (she is the founder of bleyer I believe but she is definitely in charge of the company), and you could be correct that it is rust but I don't know 100% for sure but mostly likely would be rust.

Thanks,

Rooster

1 hour ago, InvestInCoins888 said:

Hi,

Thanks 

I can do £355 plus post

I’d really like to see some close up shots please. The back of the bars in particular... When you zoom into your picture there seems to be off cuts of casting around the edges.

Thanks 

Many thanks, Elliot

Check out my ebay store, buy direct and get at least 10% discount. https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/investincoins888

Just now, InvestInCoins888 said:

I’d really like to see some close up shots please. The back of the bars in particular... When you zoom into your picture there seems to be off cuts of casting around the edges.

Thanks 

Here are some closer photo's and in the first picture, it is just a little cut in the plastic and also the same thing is where it is brown. Looking at these photo's it does look discolored and these were stored in a safe where it was cold. 

20210217_214225[1].jpg

20210217_214158[1].jpg

20210217_214153[1].jpg

20210217_214147[1].jpg

Just now, Richiesilver said:

My opinion is these bars are fine. Nothing to suggest they are fake at all. The fake ones come with crudely crimped edges and have detail defects. That toning is just post production surface contamination. Have seen toning like this on Royal mint bars too.

Just now, Leonmarsh said:

Me too look legit ibahve had real ones and seen fake ones and you can tell 

Thanks guys.

Any Takers?

3 hours ago, Stacktastic said:

Video with a magnet test should clear things up I guess? 
Assuming the faked stuff is magnetic metal. 

Here is the video if your not sure if it is fake or not 🙂. I tested the magnet on a few paper clips which have plastic on them and then also on a plain paper clip to prove that it works and as you can see in the video the magnetic does not get attracted to the silver bars. The video is really short because I wouldn't been able to send it as it would of been to big.

21 hours ago, rooster said:

Here are some closer photo's and in the first picture, it is just a little cut in the plastic and also the same thing is where it is brown. Looking at these photo's it does look discolored and these were stored in a safe where it was cold. 

20210217_214225[1].jpg

20210217_214158[1].jpg

20210217_214153[1].jpg

20210217_214147[1].jpg

Is this the result of a heavy handed acid test maybe?

8 minutes ago, rooster said:

No, no test including chemicals were used on these bars as they came straight from bleyer bullion. And haven't been opened but there are a few tiny cracks in the plastic. 

No I didn't mean you or Bleyer, I mean Bleyer may have bought them from a private collection. The holes in the plastic you mentioned suggested to me someone had made a small incision to do some tests and maybe scraped the bar. I could be wrong though. Basically, I wasn't suggesting any wrong doing buddy, sorry if I came across the wrong way

19 hours ago, rooster said:

Here is the video if your not sure if it is fake or not 🙂. I tested the magnet on a few paper clips which have plastic on them and then also on a plain paper clip to prove that it works and as you can see in the video the magnetic does not get attracted to the silver bars. The video is really short because I wouldn't been able to send it as it would of been to big.

Um. Not how I would do the test. Is that a rare earth magnet? And your may need to take ONE as a sample out of the plastic to get a good slide test. :) 

20 minutes ago, Silverman2U said:

Um. Not how I would do the test. Is that a rare earth magnet? And your may need to take ONE as a sample out of the plastic to get a good slide test. :) 

I don't really want to take it out of the plastic because it will just loose value and plus the where cracks in the plastic where the magnet could touch the silver without there being any plastic inbetween.🙂

Archived