• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Queens Beasts, A Time to Sell?

KevjustKev

If the rumours of a second set of the QB coins being released be RM are true then I think now is a good time to sell. If the rumours become fact then finding a buyer for the price you want would probably become harder. 

I believe the consensus of opinion is to sell collections as individual pieces as opposed to the whole lot in one go to maximise your sale price.

In your situation when you have a duplicate set then it seems sensible to off load one of them, you'd be locking in some profit and also have a complete set to enjoy.

Silver price is nice and high, the coins are in high demand and who knows whether the premiums will hold in the future.

I am in a somewhat similar situation but held off thinking about selling when silver dropped from its recent high.
The early Beasts are still attracting good premiums meaning there are collectors out there looking to complete their sets.
The market isn't flooded so with time another beast in the series becomes rarer and up goes the price.
Unfortunately it does seem to be the case with most coin sets that the seller ends up breaking a set as higher prices are obtained individually.
There are many more single coin purchasers than set purchasers but that also depends on luck at the time.
I also believe it is a little early to start selling the family silver as VAT has still not properly kicked in within people's mindsets.
Wait until Easter when VAT free has been kicked under the carpet and buyers have forgotten the lower prices they had on silver.

I also have 2 sets and a proof set.......the proof and a buliion set is for me and the extra set is to sell. My thinking was if there was another set being produced due to its popularity, surely that would increase the collectors of the new set and some of those will want to work back and complete the previous set too. But they wont have the luxury of big market coin dealers that we did, they will have to rely on us and our willingness to part ways.

10 hours ago, Squalleonhart said:

I also have 2 sets and a proof set.......the proof and a buliion set is for me and the extra set is to sell. My thinking was if there was another set being produced due to its popularity, surely that would increase the collectors of the new set and some of those will want to work back and complete the previous set too. But they wont have the luxury of big market coin dealers that we did, they will have to rely on us and our willingness to part ways.

Not too sure how another set coming out will be a thing. After all HM Queen is 95 this year and 100 when the set is finished if the release will be the same as the first one. Plus which type of coin could be brought out? The only ones I can thing of will be a 1 oz silver and a 1/10 gold

In the last week or so Atkinson's shifted a boxed set for £999 in quick time. So there are obviously people willing to pay that money for them. If I had 2 sets (i actually have none...) I would definitely sell one now. A grand for a boxed set seems like a decent return if you can get it. I'd take advantage of the current sellers market before it turns. I'm not sure about the longevity of these prices as there are plenty of beasts out there for people who really want them. I could of course be wildly wrong. Time will tell I suppose. Good luck whatever you choose to do.

I hav 2x sets boxed for the kids collection I did think about offloading too but these took time and effort to source an to be fair boxed look stunning 

I also have 2x slabbed ms69 black bull coins I thought of selling but pricing is all over the shop 

They have a few milk spots but this is obviously  after grading 

OP I would keep your set unless you are making good profit from it 

14 minutes ago, MikeG1978 said:

I hav 2x sets boxed for the kids collection I did think about offloading too but these took time and effort to source an to be fair boxed look stunning 

I also have 2x slabbed ms69 black bull coins I thought of selling but pricing is all over the shop 

They have a few milk spots but this is obviously  after grading 

OP I would keep your set unless you are making good profit from it 

I am of the same mentality.....my 1st set was well my 1st full coin set and i also have a display box. I bought a 2nd in dribs and drabs over time so that if i got itchy feet i could sell. I may even put it out into the ether as the premiums on some other items are not as high and i still have my own set to keep. To be fair it may go down in value but i think in the long run as we are all stackers of some sort we all agree it can only go up in the long run.

1 hour ago, AgCoyote said:

Are they going to do a second run of the Queen's Beasts? As someone who missed out on the first run, I'm thrilled.  Kinda sucks for those who really invested in the first run though.

You can always make me an offer😁

Even though I have a complete set of the bullion silvers and golds, I want to hold just because I like them. For the silver, I think now may well be the optimum time to sell.  As for the gold, or yet to be finished platinum series, I don't think we even know true mintages or rarities yet. If some are hidden in there, they may have a price rise.

On 09/02/2021 at 05:04, AgCoyote said:

Are they going to do a second run of the Queen's Beasts? As someone who missed out on the first run, I'm thrilled.  Kinda sucks for those who really invested in the first run though.

I would have thought they would wait until Charles was King and done a Kings Beast set, the reason they rushed through the Queens Beasts was to get them out while Betty was still alive.  Once his mug ends up on the back of the coins I think I will give it a miss however.

On 15/02/2021 at 01:40, Scuzzle said:

I would have thought they would wait until Charles was King and done a Kings Beast set, the reason they rushed through the Queens Beasts was to get them out while Betty was still alive.  Once his mug ends up on the back of the coins I think I will give it a miss however.

But will it be there for long? Might be a rarity! 

Archived