• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

closed Parkinson's UK Charity Auction: 2021 Uk Brilliant Uncirculated Annual Coin Set (New Incentives Including 1oz Silver Brit And Gold!)

I recently had cause to make a complaint to the Royal Mint. They were brilliant in how they responded and gave me a 2021 BUNC coin set as an apology. I gratefully accepted this, but as I do not collect these I feel that there is an opportunity here for someone else to buy and enjoy this. I had hoped my nephew would be interested, but he is not interested at all......even with the HG Wells coin on offer!!

So, roll up, roll up! Come get a bargain. These retail for £55.00. All proceeds of the sale go to Parkinson's UK so please be generous. A little bit about the amazing work they do here: https://www.parkinsons.org.uk/about-us/our-vision-mission-and-values

I know that these will not be everyone's cup of tea, but let's not forget that a similar 2009 set will sell for well over £180 these days (though, that is because of Kew!!!)

Confirmation of the donation will be posted on this thread, once made, at the conclusion of the auction.

Thank you for your kind attention and in advance for your generous bidding!

Andrew.

Item for auction: Royal Mint Annual Coin Set - 2021 - Brilliant Uncirculated (no precious metals) 

Condition: This is brand new. Received today.

Starting Time and Date: 13.15. Friday 29 January 2021.

Starting Price: £1.

Charity Donation: I will donate the total amount to Parkinson's UK. If the item sells for £50 then Parkinson's UK get £50. The only additional costs will be for postage. 

IncentiveI will also donate a free 1oz 2021 BUNC Silver Britannia to the winning bidder. If the winning bidder for this 2021 set also wins the 2021 David Bowie 2oz Silver Proof coin, they will also receive a FREE 1945 Dos Pesos gold coin.

Ending Time and Date: 18:00. Friday 5 February 2021. Note that the Silver Forum will automatically order posts based on the order of posting. The order on this thread will be the order of bids made.

Set Increments: There are no maximum or minimum increments. Please feel free to bid what you are comfortable bidding. If the first bid is the winning bid, so be it!

Winning Bidder: The winning bidder is the person who has made the highest bid at the point the auction closes. The thread posts contain timestamps and so the final bid during the final minute of the auction will be the winning bid (i.e. the auction ends at 11.00am and there are three bids of £1, £2, and then £3 during 11.00am and then a bid of £5 at 11.01am, the winning bid would be the bid of £3.) In the event that the highest bidder pulls out or reneges on their final bid, I will contact second place, third place etc. accordingly. 

Shipping: Costs to be agreed at point of sale. Postage options are for the winning bidder to chose (including the actual method of posting) and therefore risk is passed to the winning bidder once the item has been posted. Non UK delivery prices to be confirmed and agreed prior to bids being placed, please. 

Item Location: UK.

Shipping destinations: Will post worldwide. Winning bidder to assume responsibility for all postage and taxes that may be applicable.

Payment Terms: Payment by bank transfer or PayPal in GBP only.

Dispatch Time: Where payment is received on Friday 5 February 2021, this item will be dispatched on the morning of Saturday 6 February 2021. After this, dispatch will be made on the working day following the receipt of payment. 

Photos

811AD0A3-675F-4AC9-A872-ABC8A659A2F6.jpeg

75E94C6B-AA0C-4005-B67C-2D72EDBF04F5.jpeg

B3F83067-34CF-45FA-85B4-D22B86B8281F.jpeg

47E99FBD-BE77-4A0D-A426-AE09C540E2D4.jpeg

2D0D1353-BE51-4930-9CEB-79B485523E38.jpeg

D1953252-54E2-4073-8BAA-0DE21DC83227.jpeg

4DE0CE00-BB7C-4B06-BC1F-B7B485EC906E.jpeg

F3D4206A-0BCF-460E-A2FB-261805477E8D.jpeg

81A92813-C65C-463D-9F18-096D89C75EFA.jpeg

0B044467-3AFF-4F16-9E1D-0EDC18D5FA91.jpeg

Untitled.jpg

23 minutes ago, Divmad said:

Sorry, I only saw the £10 opening bid. 

No worries at all. Thank you for looking. For the avoidance of any doubt and to be absolutely clear, the item can be bought directly from the mint for £55 (plus postage!) so any further bids are of course further charitable donations beyond the items worth. This is not about the item itself, but about raising money for Parkinson's UK as I was lucky enough to be given the set for free.

Thanks again.

7 minutes ago, Jimmock said:

£51 mate. First grandchild going to be born any hour,so this will go to him/her,so bugger off the rest of you,unless you can top that. 😁😁

If you win, Jimmock, then I will cover the costs of postage. Only you though on the basis that it’s a gift to celebrate the beautiful news!

Anyone else with beautiful news will have to be content with the knowledge that their news is beautiful...and pay the postage!

This auction WILL end at 6pm tonight. However, there is a new incentive to include in terms - added to the opening post above, but for ease of reference, here it is:

IncentiveI will also donate a free 1oz 2021 BUNC Silver Britannia to the winning bidder. If the winning bidder for this 2021 set also wins the 2021 David Bowie 2oz Silver Proof coin, they will also receive a FREE 1945 Dos Pesos gold coin. 

In short, as things stand @Jimmock is going to receive a 2021 Annual Set AND a 2021 BUNC 1oz Silver Britannia for £51.00. If he also places the highest bid on the Bowie Coin, he will also receive a further 2021 BUNC 1oz Silver Britannia AND a Dos Pesos gold coin.

This is NOT a joke. I am trying to raise some money for Parkinson's and Cruse. 

BOWIE AUCTION: 

Thanks.

• AndrewSL76 changed the title to PARKINSON'S UK CHARITY AUCTION: 2021 UK BRILLIANT UNCIRCULATED ANNUAL COIN SET (NEW INCENTIVES INCLUDING 1oz SILVER BRIT AND GOLD!)

Auction ends at 6pm tonight. That is TONIGHT at 6PM! 

Exciting times! Parkinson's UK are going to get at least £55.00. From this single auction.

This will help tremendously.  

The items being auctioned are the 2021 Annual Set and a 20z Silver Proof David Bowie coin. In addition, there is a single 2021 1oz Britannia per auction which is included. There is also a chance that you will get an additional 1945 Dos Pesos gold coin if you are able to also be the winning bidder for the David Bowie 2oz (see above for the link to that auction) as well as this 2021 Annual Set.

So far, looking good for @LukeStacker for both items and therefore standing steady to also win the bonus Dos Pesos! 

Archived