• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Silver Monitoring Thread £ (GBP) only.

Message added by ChrisSilver

To discuss price action in USD instead, please see here: https://thesilverforum.com/topic/19861-silver-monitoring-thread-usd-only/

Not sure if this is the place to post this but I've noticed lately that big movements happen in gold/silver and bitcoin at the same time.

If you look a couple of pages back, I said exactly the same thing.

Nobody was interested lol.

Stacker since 2013

Big cheer.  Sub £12 now.

Makes no odds to me at present because I don't have anything to order.  I would like it to stay below £12 until close of markets just in case I visit Blackpool on Saturday.

me neither danny /this is a sobering thought when you think of buying  20 oz or so  a friend of mine  is currently £55k  in the red after buying some shares in a company,  from just a year ago   makes a tube of anything   or a couple of sovs  seem like a good return

I have to laugh as I bought 5 oz for £60  I said to my fellow friend   im not sure I wanted too pay the £70 he offered them to me for  as I thought spot was going to fall after the Ukraine air incident,   didn't expect it to fall this far

Edited by craig12

£11.23  will be a major milestone as I think that was the lowest it hit  without going back 4 years  will dealers be dropping the price of coins/bars now or will premiums be higher?

Most dealers use real time price changes.  If it goes down, their price goes down.  If it goes up, their price goes up.  Or am I missing something??

apart from that sarnia lot  theyre about a week behind the real world,,  I think hgm and chards aren't live are they

Some dealers might not do it in real time but they still do mirror the spot price proportionally.  If it takes a while for them to make downward adjustments, it will also take them a while to make upward adjustments.  It swings both ways so there is no bias.

It's not like they're deciding not the reduce prices down if spot goes down and will only increase if it goes up.

Unlike oil prices & petrol, gas prices and utility bills.

So annoying. They're so quick to increase to maintain their margins but only decrease when the want to follow another competitor because they've decreased to poach customers.

Not sure if this is the place to post this but I've noticed lately that big movements happen in gold/silver and bitcoin at the same time.

aju9ubyp.jpg

I think the reason for this is that America growth forcast was downgraded today by the IMF, which give people renewed confidence in the stockmarket because they know there will be no interest rate rise and no taper of QE, money left PM's and bitcoin the same time this news was announced, traders know the powers that be will continue propping up the market.   

Thursday night/Friday morning last week was the lowest for a while.

I'm going to assume £2000+ order otherwise it's probably not worth holding out because as Keith has pointed out, it could go either way.

£12 vs £12.20 is 1.7% which is 1 extra coin per £1000.