• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Silver Monitoring Thread £ (GBP) only.

Message added by ChrisSilver

To discuss price action in USD instead, please see here: https://thesilverforum.com/topic/19861-silver-monitoring-thread-usd-only/

Typical that it would happen just before I want to buy some gold. I wonder whether this is a sustainable rally, whether the price will meet strong resistance and hold for a bit, or whether the excitement (and price) might subside a little before the weekend. We saw an almost identical sharp upturn 3 weeks ago followed by a long spell with little movement.

Anyone who bought about a month ago, with prices around £11.xx/oz, is probably feeling pretty pleased with themselves right now. Same with gold, which has followed the same pattern. I'd expect some profit-taking but if technical indicators and fundamentals are saying "buy" then most people will probably hold on hoping for more increases. 

Portugal , one of the banks has gone under, affecting euro markets, happy days

Treasury bonds are slightly up which usually means gold should be down. So hopefully this is just a blip and gold and silver will go back down, I haven't stacked near enough yet!

news outlets reporting there are worries over Banco Espírito Santo, guessing this is the bank in question. Nowhere saying it's outright collapsed yet, unless you have a source? But yeah that would definitely spur gold/silver in the short term.

If you had money in this bank or it's subsidiaries , would you leave it , or jump on the ATM , remember Cyprus , just a whiff of default is all it takes, could be an extra long weekend break for this bank

Confirmed by a friend in Lisbon; stocks in BES and its parent are suspended. Apparently the institution has a somewhat rotten core and there are all sort of intrigues going on behind the scenes. I'd get any money out of it as fast as I could, I would not be shocked to see a run on the bank.

Just an observation, but whenever silver / gold rise, bitcoin takes a hit.

Wonder why.

I know this isn't the bitcoin thread, but it is silver price related.

Just a thought, I know a lot of bitcoin holders are also into precious metals, maybe they see the price shoot up decide to swap their bitcoin for gold and silver, that would send bitcoins price down. 

Just a thought, I know a lot of bitcoin holders are also into precious metals, maybe they see the price shoot up decide to swap their bitcoin for gold and silver, that would send bitcoins price down.

Yes Garth, that thought had crossed my mind too.

I wonder if it's a bit of side swapping, similar to GSR swaps.

Stacker since 2013

And i would be right behind you with my pitiful 7oz,still it would be a cracking profit for one month of stacking,keep dreaming eh.

Dude, as others have said, 7oz is more than the majority of people.

And you are in the right mindset.

Craig12 had nothing a couple months ago, now he's over 30oz.

You'd be amazed how quick you can collect / stack.

Stacker since 2013

Dude, as others have said, 7oz is more than the majority of people.

And you are in the right mindset.

Craig12 had nothing a couple months ago, now he's over 30oz.

You'd be amazed how quick you can collect / stack.

15th April 2014, I had no silver and no gold. I now have 171.6 oz t of silver and 0.59 oz t of Gold. Yeah it does stack up quickly....!

15th April 2014, I had no silver and no gold. I now have 171.6 oz t of silver and 0.59 oz t of Gold. Yeah it does stack up quickly....!

That's bloody good going HT.

You'll be passing me shortly.

Stacker since 2013

amazing going HT :) keep that up for 18 months and you will be a member of the 1000 ozer club!

Its taken me since december 2012 to get to where your at and I dont think im quite at 170 yet prob more like 150.

Really should have a new count up been buying pretty hard recently.