• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Silver Monitoring Thread £ (GBP) only.

Message added by ChrisSilver

To discuss price action in USD instead, please see here: https://thesilverforum.com/topic/19861-silver-monitoring-thread-usd-only/

Silver's now on a roll it looks like and we've seen the low point. It's just gotta close over $17.15 I'm told then it's an easy ride up to the $20s. I'm also told that £11 is very important resistance in sterling so it's looking very bullish. So I made a purchase this morning, caught the dip nicely even though I was originally planning on holding and saving for a while. Time will tell.

Silver's now on a roll it looks like and we've seen the low point. It's just gotta close over $17.15 I'm told then it's an easy ride up to the $20s. I'm also told that £11 is very important resistance in sterling so it's looking very bullish. So I made a purchase this morning, caught the dip nicely even though I was originally planning on holding and saving for a while. Time will tell.

I do agree. I said last month we were all up from this point.

PS - Please note the thread title - Silver Monitoring Thread £ only

I held off buying Pandas at £15.7 because of the New Year dip everyone was talking about and now they're up to £17.15.

Never mind :(

I done same Mzone. I wanted buying some Silver at STG before new Year but i thought the price will drop even more. In the end it gone up and i just ordered it last week.

I think the best thing we can dois,  if we fell like it <just to buy >

I am not convinced it's straight up from here. There's too many events this month. It might be best to save up and then pull a big trigger sometime before the UK markets price in an expected hung parliament.

I was thinking that originally however there's too many events going on. Silver's already very cheap. You might miss the bus if you hold and save and be cussing yourself when prices are significantly higher.

You might miss the bus if you hold and save and be cussing yourself when prices are significantly higher.

Forums were rife with quotes like this in 2011 to jump aboard the silver bus as it was destined to hit its next £50 stop and you didn't want to miss it.

The fundamentals of the 2011 silver high have not changed and the world as a whole is a lot worse shape.  

I have to agree with you Stretch silver is super cheap now

I was thinking that originally however there's too many events going on. Silver's already very cheap. You might miss the bus if you hold and save and be cussing yourself when prices are significantly higher.

Also if you are a collector keep buying what you like as spot has very little or in some cases no relevance whatsoever.

The problem with common sense is, its not that common.

I'm hoping for a nice drop as I get my finances in order this month so not spending much.  I'm having an ebay clearout of stuff I no longer need and i'm selling all my old paintball gear (except my primary setup) on the p8ntballer forums.

If we get a nice dip at the start of next month, i'll be all over that.   I take it the price increase is mostly coming from silver as an investment and not increased industrial demand.

I'm hoping for a nice drop as I get my finances in order this month so not spending much.  I'm having an ebay clearout of stuff I no longer need and i'm selling all my old paintball gear (except my primary setup) on the p8ntballer forums.

If we get a nice dip at the start of next month, i'll be all over that.   I take it the price increase is mostly coming from silver as an investment and not increased industrial demand.

That's the way to do it if it has been in the loft for a year you don't need it,sell the crap and buy the metal i say.I am hoarding scrap metal at the moment i would like to buy my first order from STG this year.mmmmmm what can i sell?

The 2% rise in gold so far today has put my gold stash into profit for the first time. Silver is lagging as you'd expect with VAT & premiums etc but I've invested twice as much in gold so my spreadsheet looks a little better for the time being. 

its much like shares , youre not in profit unless you sell 

I keep an eye on a you tube site run by iscrap which keeps an eye on scrap metal prices and they are saying Gold to climb in the next few months.I dont know how to put a link. If any one can find it and put a link., rockaway recycling i scrap app. they do a wednesday update its from 1 day ago.

I keep an eye on a you tube site run by iscrap which keeps an eye on scrap metal prices and they are saying Gold to climb in the next few months.I dont know how to put a link. If any one can find it and put a link., rockaway recycling i scrap app. they do a wednesday update its from 1 day ago.

Is this the YouTube home page? http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfyIJuLIPO-yidU1sdWJGCA

Seems to me the PMs are struggling to reover their value, pushing upwards. The fighting going on behind the scenes to keep it down must be phenomenal!

I still think the prices will rise from this point though. I am sure we saw the lows at the end of last year - and albeit via a slow and bumpy ride, they are on the way up again.

Currently £11.29 again!

I can't understand why anybody, especially stackers, will be happy with the price increases. None of us are intending to sell our stacks any time soon, so we want low prices for many many years to come.

I'll still buy silver at whatever price it is, but it means I'll be buying less ounces, which in the long run is not a good thing.