• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Silver Monitoring Thread £ (GBP) only.

Message added by ChrisSilver

To discuss price action in USD instead, please see here: https://thesilverforum.com/topic/19861-silver-monitoring-thread-usd-only/

A bit suspicious perhaps as we were all expecting a sudden price drop.

It's a conspiracy lol  ;) 

As expected...... Lack of good news over the weekend has let prices continue their Southward sojourn. :mellow:

Sideways all week, with a dash of downwards. Don't be in any rush to place that big order!

Biggest swing I have seen in a single day both in price and % increase since i started my stacking

£1.20 was the spread between the highs and lows of yesterday

I bet the paper pushers in the City were enjoying their champagne after work yesterday, if they were on the right side of the trade

It certainly is not for fainthearted this silver investing that's for sure ! 

Same here I missed too.  What I did notice was, Geiger and STG (when it opened again) the prices did not drop as low as they did a couple of weeks ago.  I ordered some Philharmonics at £11.78 on the 14 Nov  when the Silver price was £9.60,  on the 1/12/14 the best price I could get was £12.25 for Noahs Arks when the Silver price was lower £9.45.  I waited but as we know the price went up. 

To me, we are now seeing a shortage in the physical market.  If the price falls again I will buy at physical prices not paper prices if you know what I mean.  I,ll explain more, when the dips come the physical price does not like to go under £12 IMO, We had buyers premium for Maples at 28% and 27% for Philharmonics on STG the other day, when on the 14/11/14 the premium was around 20-22% HT's thread shows this.

Forum members will have to make there own minds up, Is the Silver shortage only a short to midterm problem? I think not, if the spot prices stays low and demand is still high. I may be proved wrong, but on the next dip I'm going in at the £12 price for bullion.  

Good plan. Similarly I saw the koalas at £121, and mentally it's important to me that I don't pay more than that now, even though current price is better than it's been most of the year

your buying decision should be based on your strategy and not on some

arbitrary price, it's difficult to catch a falling knife. I'm hearing some people

say that the quick rebound in the price 'could' mean that prices are not

likely to go lower. (it could also be a random fluctuation, time will tell).

has anyone noticed that polar bear 1.5oz coins have dropped in premium

recently? maybe the rise in bullion premiums is a cyclical thing?

HH

Probably don't want to have 2013 stock left over with 2015 close at hand.

EDIT: Price less per oz than a Maple, so definitely worth it. A nice chunky coin, in a normal sized RCM tube.

Edited by BaldyBob

Currently stacking 1/4 oz (22ct) and Sovs.