• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Silver Monitoring Thread £ (GBP) only.

Message added by ChrisSilver

To discuss price action in USD instead, please see here: https://thesilverforum.com/topic/19861-silver-monitoring-thread-usd-only/

Whammy!!

Wasn't planning to buy this week but salivating at the price drops. Notice the premiums increasing at silver bullion dealers over past month.

Although there'll generally be plenty of availability for us peasants in coins etc., the Shanghai exchange inventory is getting emptied. For those of you who don't know, Shanghai exchange is an actual physical silver (delivery) market - the only one. Comex/SLV are all paper contracts (delivery in cash settlement)

This time last year, inventory stood at 462,000kg. It's now 93,300kg.

As I understand, there's about 1 or 2 months left of physical silver. Once that's gone.... (Anyone's guess but I think it might be massively bullish in dollar terms).

Edited by FTYBR

Everyone here except Pete would probably be quite happy with that.

Very observant my friend !!

Not a nice feeling sitting on a mountain of silver worth half its cost.

I blame my addiction on following the Aussie stackers site and naively taking on board all the optimism at the time before the crash.

Just a warning to others who get hooked on the shiny metal.

I blame my addiction on following the Aussie stackers site and naively taking on board all the optimism at the time before the crash.

Pete, it certainly is good to have somebody on here to tell the "other side" of the silver story.

As I have said before, I do feel for you being underwater, but you will have your day matey along with the rest of us hopefully.

Certainly good for new stackers to understand there could be downsides and not just upsides.

Stacker since 2013

im sure that if silver was purchased at higher costs then it would feel at the time as it was going even higher, i know someone who bought a house in 2006 and swore blind the house prices couldnt go down , but it was a frenzy all over the news  everyone was told to buy a house there and then ,  i would have thought that the guys who paid a lot more then could pick up some silver at sub £12 to try and get some gains back

my only fear is sub £10  not that its a bad thing , but would it be spiralling out of control  and take years to come back

Edited by craig12

Ah, but if you buy loads now, you can get your price per oz down, and instead of being 50% down you might get to being only 25% down. 

You just cant trust them aussies with their shiny perth mint premium coins...... ;)  (says the man looking to buy Perth Mint Stock Horses   :rolleyes: )

i do get a bit peeved at the drops on spot but not much change on the coins, i think golds took a bit of a battering but atkinsons still £197 for a mixed date sovereign , im sure they were that price before the drop in gold

Edited by craig12

Anyone know why its dropping like it is atm ?

I still say this is deflationary, inflation's dropping here and the US but in Europe I'd say they're now negative, governments are terrified of deflation especially with so much debt, this is the lowest most commodities have been for a long time, I say we're going lower still.

though I sort of feel for those that bought at £20 or more, there`s been some good advice about more Now to bring the overall average down.

Personally I see it as just Noise, short term noise at that, the Overall Signal is still sound.

for me, i`m just a bit disgruntled not that i bought last week at a low of 11.67, but that I blew all my remaining cash on my hedge plan Against silver, and am now effectively broke for the next week or 2 in terms of fiat.

my cost average is still roughly 50p a gram, and I have over 5 kilos (which isn`t a Lot!), we`re ALL still a little better off than the person next door that knows nothing about this, even if you only have a single ounce of 999 :)

Craig, I`m not bothered if we see £1 an Oz for the next 5 years, the maths is still good!