• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Silver Monitoring Thread £ (GBP) only.

Message added by ChrisSilver

To discuss price action in USD instead, please see here: https://thesilverforum.com/topic/19861-silver-monitoring-thread-usd-only/

21 hours ago, monkey said:

[ . . . ] down turns are only good for buying at lower prices!

Sounds fine to me.  I don't need it to go up until I'm ready to sell.

Edited by Silverlocks

The Sovereign is the quintessentially British coin.  It has a German queen on the front, an Italian waiter on the back, and half of them were made in Australia.

4 minutes ago, Silverlocks said:

4 minutes ago, Silverlocks said:

1 hour ago, monkey said:

Silver is really duking it out with the £18.00 price level today. any one have any bets as to which way it could go?

European Union Arrow GIF by European Parliament

Price suppression is not only because of the suits in London and New York but because of the miners and refiners themselves. They purchase hedges against their metals to lock in a price. Several producers are now going full on naked long (not a euphemism) and turning their back on derivatives. If the entire silver industry did the same thing (went naked long) then we would get the upwards price explosion we've been waiting on for a long time. I need to find more excuses to use the phrase, "naked long"

Mind is primary and mass-energy is derivative

Interesting video from @SilverDragons

Here's a quote from the article he is heading:

Keep an eye on silver. The dollar volume of gold trading dwarfs that of silver. Since silver trading is a thinner market, its price can and does move up or down by a greater percentage than gold. Therefore, if any major world calamity erupts, demand for bullion-priced physical silver could skyrocket almost instantly—as we saw early in the pandemic in 2020 and in March 2023. So, even though gold solidly outperformed silver in 2023, we still recommend that any allocation between the two metals tilt in favor of silver being 3/5 to 2/3 of the total value between the two. In the long term, I project that the equilibrium gold/silver ratio will fall between 35:1 to 49:1. Today, it is more than double that.

Why Was Gold Up In 2023, But Not Silver? - Numismatic News

Mind is primary and mass-energy is derivative

Any reason for the white PMs leading the charge today?  I suppose Silver has lagged gold for quite some time, so maybe its just about being its turn.

New profile pic to support the current thing, because it's current year.

8 hours ago, silversky said:

Any reason for the white PMs leading the charge today?  I suppose Silver has lagged gold for quite some time, so maybe its just about being its turn.

C'Mon Silver let's go.

23 hours ago, monkey said:

Looks like @theman73 and @Beanyman might be correct in there predictions. Strong surge this morning above £18.00. I'm targeting round £18.82 from this brake out.

Hi monkey,

It's not often that one sees a chart with volume profile on it! 👍

I'm just starting to get my head around it and wondered if you've been using it for long and, if so, how you get on with it?

1 hour ago, timsk said:

Hi monkey,

It's not often that one sees a chart with volume profile on it! 👍

I'm just starting to get my head around it and wondered if you've been using it for long and, if so, how you get on with it?

Not been using it too long. I find its a good guide to see where most are buying within a pattern. Where the highest volume of buying is usually indicate which way a pattern will brake to. Its not 100% but a good indicator to consider. The buying volume in the chart above was to the top end of the dip, which suggest a brake to the up side, which has now transpired. :)

I'm no trading expert, just dabble here and there. I find looking for patterns quite enjoyable. If I start getting a good accuracy, I may start putting some trades on my predictions.

4 minutes ago, Beanyman said:

Is that mag costing 5 bucks a week? 4 weeks and you could buy another 1oz coin for that.

Only about £3 when you subscribe. It pays for itself many times over with the tips on stocks. Nice to read on a Sat morning with a coffee.

6 minutes ago, katyc said:

Only about £3 when you subscribe. It pays for itself many times over with the tips on stocks. Nice to read on a Sat morning with a coffee.

Also, first 6 issues are free with no obligation to continue - so anyone thinking about it should give it a go (mostly for people interested in stocks and shares but covers the economy over all).