• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Innovation in Science: 100th Anniversary of the Birth of Rosalind Franklin

Newest Royal Mint release today...

Innovation in Science. 
Commemorate the 100th Anniversary of the Birth of Rosalind Franklin

https://www.royalmint.com/our-coins/events/rosalind-franklin/?__ja=tsid:38667|kw:E2134E&utm_medium=email&utm_source=product-launch&utm_campaign=2020-07-com-rosalind-franklin&utm_content=main-cta

91DFE11B-4F66-4870-B43B-83DDF5F0B2C6.thumb.jpeg.dc8ee6cef9d65277cc3e204e1639135c.jpeg

Didnt hear anythign about this until @h103efa mentioned it to me - gold has a very low mintage of 250 so suspect once people realise it may fly off the shelf. I guess if you have the newton and hawking this makes a nice addition.

27 minutes ago, Spanishsilver said:

Just seen this what are people thought. To me the design is terrible. But maybe a flip opportunity? 

After the Hawking, i said if i'm collecting anything 50p wise it will be the Science series. I dont mind the design, and 250 mintage is appealing. How many of the 400 collectors of the Hawking, want this 2nd in series like me?

I think it's a rather clever thing with her name contributing to DNA, and it is understood Photograph 51 is key to the whole discovery. It's definitely a worthy series.

Further reading on the photo:

https://eu.jsonline.com/story/entertainment/arts/2019/01/17/photograph-51-asks-if-rosalind-franklin-gets-credit-she-deserves/2534710002/

The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

Hi,

New to the forum but this seems like a thread I can constructively add a comment.

I tried to buy a gold one this morning, got to the end of the checkout and then got an error. It’s now showing as an open order and the money is being collected from my bank so I assume RM is having so further technical issues but my order went through but took a while to update on my account and send a confirmation email.

Thanks

Steve

I think if you can afford gold proof 50p's, then this issue has a low enough mintage to be attractive. But as for the silver proof...even the Stephen Hawking coin, much-hyped, isn't yet doing anything in the secondary market...so I can't see how this one will be any different. The design is fairly dull imo.

Then again, if you collect the series then it's obviously a no-brainer to get one.

3 hours ago, Spanishsilver said:

Try the coin connection I think they have them for the same price a numistacker normally has a discount code on his recent YouTube video 

GEORGE is the current code. Only for 2% off though. I thought the CC normally knocked a fiver off the silver proof prices as well, but they haven't this time

The gold 50p versions are still on sale at the Royal Mint and CC.  The third gold dinosaur 50p issued a few weeks ago also struggled.  People are obviously thinking very carefully as to whether to spend £1,000+.

Archived