• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Albert Sov

AndrewSL76

39 minutes ago, AndrewSL76 said:

Back on sale:

https://www.royalmint.com/sovereign/2019/Prince-Albert-2019-Celebration-Sovereign/

They must have found another box somewhere...🙄

And the USP  for owning one of these particular Sovereigns is that they might well be the most well travelled SOTD’s produced as they have been shipped and Returned so many times 🙄

They really shouldn't do that. Rather melt those returns. It does not reflect well on the previous year's SOTDs :( Not everyone will know those are rejected returns... they will just think the coin wasn't popular enough to sell out... yet, in fact, this Albert coin sold out faster than the Victoria! Must have been no longer than 2 minutes... 

From the other threads I think I was the only one to get one that wasn't horrendously damaged when they popped back up a couple weeks ago. Not sure why the one I got was returned but it looks fine. From what I understand of the others that were sent out anyone who buys these will send them back right away. I really don't understand why they do this. I get they are a business trying to make a profit etc, etc but stuff like this just damages a brands value. That being said between this and the Brexit coins release yesterday it seems they can pretty much do whatever they want and people will keep throwing money at them and lapping it up.

2 hours ago, AppleZippoandMetronome said:

it seems they can pretty much do whatever they want and people will keep throwing money at them and lapping it up

Because most people are stupid, and that’s the harsh reality of it.

The fact of the matter is these coins will not sell for much more than £800 once the even stupider people splurge £1,200 right now thinking they’ve lost out on a good thing.

The £800 will basically be money tied up.

If someone bought the coin because they like it, well that’s a different matter; but if they think they’re gonna make money long term, they’re in for a rude awakening when the time comes to sell.

1 minute ago, westminstrel said:

Because most people are stupid, and that’s the harsh reality of it.

The fact of the matter is these coins will not sell for much more than £800 once the even stupider people splurge £1,200 right now thinking they’ve lost out on a good thing.

The £800 will basically be money tied up.

If someone bought the coin because they like it, well that’s a different matter; but if they think they’re gonna make money long term, they’re in for a rude awakening when the time comes to sell.

Agree completely about the values there. I said in the Brexit SOTD topic that in 6 to 12 months time I don't think it will be changing hands for even £800. The hype train is rolling full steam ahead now but this will change and people will lose interest.

2 hours ago, AppleZippoandMetronome said:

From what I understand of the others that were sent out anyone who buys these will send them back right away. I really don't understand why they do this. I get they are a business trying to make a profit etc, etc but stuff like this just damages a brands value.

The least likely to return them (and obviously it works) are very sadly also the most vulnerable/unknowing, I find it despicable from the Mint, there is absolutely no excuse not to mint enough top examples and melt the rest - they could aim to be and imo should the best in the world at such releases :(

• 2 weeks later...

Archived