• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

100 oz's of Silver reached . Now time for some Old Goldie.

tallyhojim

Occurred to me whilst driving the other day that I have reached that 100 Silver ounce milestone - two full tubes of 2018 Britannia's and two full tubes of 2019 Britannia's plus a few extra foreign coins. Found I was able to reach that goal under budget and quite easily by way of careful buying and forum dealing. Overall my total Silver spend was vastly lower than what it would have been if I had bought from elsewhere in Europe.

I'm happy with having 100 ounces thus far, so will now be concentrating on getting some Gold instead. As of now I will be buying nothing but a 1/4 to 1/2 ounce of Gold (unless a really good Silver deal pops up) each month based on a set monthly budget, and any excess budget left over every 3-4 months will be used to top up the gold with a few fractionals.

1 hour ago, tallyhojim said:

I'm happy with having 100 ounces thus far, so will now be concentrating on getting some Gold instead.

Well done chief, the first milestone, (we all undoubtedly set ourselves)  - you've met your "FIRST ONE" !

I can empathise fully as it gives you a smashing feeling , doesn't it!?  👍🍺

Just a friendly word of caution!  The Goals / aims get steadily worse its a damned "addiction"  

But "damned" nice one to have!!  😜😍😁

May I suggest working on a tube of sovereigns it has been recommend on here many times as a good way to encourage accumulation. Buying small and often, though at these prices it is very slow, I have not bought for a while now speculating a bit on the price into winter. :)

16 hours ago, TheGeneral said:

Fair play to you both. On a forum like this your wisdom is a great commodity. 

Also 60 is the new 40! 😂

some days 60 feels like I was run over by a truck!!  For the newer stackers set a goal and when you reach your goal raise it. I started years ago with 500 ounces of silver and when I hit that goal I raised it to a 1000 ounces.  I think it is very smart to buy gold also as pretty soon paper currency will be worth less and less.   Jim

21 hours ago, tallyhojim said:

Occurred to me whilst driving the other day that I have reached that 100 Silver ounce milestone - two full tubes of 2018 Britannia's and two full tubes of 2019 Britannia's plus a few extra foreign coins. Found I was able to reach that goal under budget and quite easily by way of careful buying and forum dealing. Overall my total Silver spend was vastly lower than what it would have been if I had bought from elsewhere in Europe.

I'm happy with having 100 ounces thus far, so will now be concentrating on getting some Gold instead. As of now I will be buying nothing but a 1/4 to 1/2 ounce of Gold (unless a really good Silver deal pops up) each month based on a set monthly budget, and any excess budget left over every 3-4 months will be used to top up the gold with a few fractionals.

Congrats on reaching your first goal. 🥂

19 hours ago, KDave said:

May I suggest working on a tube of sovereigns it has been recommend on here many times as a good way to encourage accumulation. Buying small and often, though at these prices it is very slow, I have not bought for a while now speculating a bit on the price into winter. :)

That's a good goal. Ultimately I'm working on the US equivalent and wow that's a slow one. But currently I have a goal of filling a tube of Mexican 1/8 ounce gold coins. Those are much more budget-friendly.

On 17/09/2019 at 13:19, KDave said:

Filled my first tube of sovs by 20, I'm 51 now....lol.

I hit the big 5-0 this year... And it got me thinking into retirement and living in my old age (my grandparents on both sides have lived to be 100!). Anyway, I bought myself some jewelry, now wish I knew and had gotten the stacking idea sooner.

I am putting aside some fiat to buy myself my first gold coin soon... Would love to get me a Centenario (50 pesos gold), as it is the gold coin of excellence here. Maybe if my Christmas sales treat me good, I will make sacrifices and get it.

40 years old (the old 60?); just realised this year about the 'true' value of Gold / Silver.

Read alot, watched many YouTube videos. Converted FIAT 'savings' to approx. 300 oz Silver and I've never been happier (and felt 'wealthier')!

I am of the same opinion as OP - time to consider gold (especially here in the UK, with no VAT / CGT).

Bought a few soverigns, but feels like I'm not getting the same value - but this is due to the density and weight of the metals. Love the weight of Silver. I may need to re-adjust my expectations. Maybe buy 1/10th or 1/4 oz Gold and get a feel for it.

Archived