• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Gold Monitoring Thread £ GBP only

Paul
Message added by ChrisSilver

This topic is to discuss price action in GBP, to discuss price action in $ USD, please see this topic: https://thesilverforum.com/topic/19962-gold-monitoring-thread-usd-only/

📌 For general non PM chat there is the Hangout topic here: 

Just now, Smiler999 said:

To give context, it was encapsulated, I was on the bog playing with it, it slipped out hit the bath, capsule broke open and hit the floor

Mine will be someone else's best value dinged rubbish on here some day 😂

It's only a little ding but it annoys me to this day 😒 

Mine was perfect, climbed up on worktop to get callipers above kitchen unit, coin still in hand ( not sure why) knelt on the feckin kettle lead and like any normal human being..I threw the coin so I could grab my sore knee 😀 sold it to Chards for a £70 loss a few days later.

What did I learn from that experience, gold is quite soft 😆 🤣 

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

2 minutes ago, James32 said:

Mine was perfect, climbed up on worktop to get callipers above kitchen unit, coin still in hand ( not sure why) knelt on the feckin kettle lead and like any normal human being..I threw the coin so I could grab my sore knee 😀 sold it to Chards for a £70 loss a few days later.

What did I learn from that experience, gold is quite soft 😆 🤣 

Now I just stick to pre owned half sovereigns, which I should have done from the start 🙄

Albeit it may not be anything but for traders it maybe the bottom could have been reached. This all now depends on figures and on the future intentions of the fed and IF they actually mean what they say by rate hikes, I'm in the Schiff crowd here, if they continue hiking its going to break Wall St..... I can feel some back peddling coming soon from the Federal reserve, if they dont, they are going to damage wall st. 

image.thumb.png.8a60ba141c444346bb8fb7d2df4fee3c.png 

Edited by HerefordBullyun

Central bankers are politicians disguised as economists or bankers. They’re either incompetent or liars. So, either way, you’re never going to get a valid answer.” - Peter Schiff

Sound money is not a guarantee of a free society, but a free society is impossible without sound money. We are currently a society enslaved by debt.

If you are a new member and want to know why we stack PMs look at this link https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/56131-videos-of-significance/#comment-381454

Just looked at the 5 day chart the trend is now slowly changing it bottomed on Tuesday, from downward. This is now could be the turning point. 

image.thumb.png.07e85ef1cb28544c63e1ab14d21f7838.png

Central bankers are politicians disguised as economists or bankers. They’re either incompetent or liars. So, either way, you’re never going to get a valid answer.” - Peter Schiff

Sound money is not a guarantee of a free society, but a free society is impossible without sound money. We are currently a society enslaved by debt.

If you are a new member and want to know why we stack PMs look at this link https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/56131-videos-of-significance/#comment-381454

Below 1920 USD which was the longer term median - you can see its getting over sold..... at approx. 1560GBP ish wise

image.thumb.png.07e85ef1cb28544c63e1ab14d21f7838.png

5 minutes ago, silverJEF said:

industry plant told me gold is going to bottom out at £1450 then musk is personally taking it past the moon 🌑

It certainly could have further to fall 100% it really is all eyes on the fed now.... Wondering when they bottle it?

1 minute ago, silverJEF said:

the sad thing is we all want gold to go to the moon but in order for that to happen the world has to really go to s***

I think it was warren buffet that said gold was a investment of fear. 

Saying that I think he bought some mining shares.

Just now, Bigmarc said:

He did last year but sold them. An its the 1st time hes done it. Albiet he normally closes positions before crashes 

3 hours ago, FriedrichVonHayek said:

I think one of his investment managers bought some Barrick Stock which was quickly sold off.

Yes it was Barrick gold, I was racking my brains - it was big news, because his team had never gone into gold.

Gammon explains why in my thesis in calling the next crash (he must of read my mind as I dont have his email lol) - I did mention the DXY (USD) in it's strength.... in my many reasons why we are going to have a massive crash.

7 hours ago, Bigmarc said:

He said this too which is fairly amusing:

“[Gold] gets dug out of the ground in Africa, or someplace. Then we melt it down, dig another hole, bury it again and pay people to stand around guarding it. It has no utility. Anyone watching from Mars would be scratching their head”

“Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing.” Oscillate Wildly