• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Gold Monitoring Thread £ GBP only

Paul
Message added by ChrisSilver

This topic is to discuss price action in GBP, to discuss price action in $ USD, please see this topic: https://thesilverforum.com/topic/19962-gold-monitoring-thread-usd-only/

📌 For general non PM chat there is the Hangout topic here: 

1 minute ago, flyingveepixie said:

£1904.08

Spot price of a sov is now £447

What's spot price for a shield sov? Asking for a friend...

It all depends on the big banks output and figures I feel today. If they aren't great, that could help PMs

The closer the collapse of an Empire, the crazier it's laws - Marcus Tullius Cicero

We had the warning in 2006-9 but central banks ignored it and just added new worthless debt to existing worthless debt to create worthless debt squared – an obvious recipe for disaster. - Egon von Greyerz

https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/83864-uk-bank-regulations/

Looking at yesterday's financial news, USA 30-year bond auction was very weak. No sane person wants to buy their debt and lock in today's rates for 30 years. Ends up being dumped on the primary dealers (read: JP Morgan, Bank of America, Goldman, etc).

Those who were dreaming of rate cuts are going to be sorely disappointed. Bank of England won't dare to move before the Federal Reserve otherwise Sterling would drop like a rock.

usa_bond_auc.PNG

On 02/04/2024 at 09:20, Paul said:

Is it not £1,900oz yet ? ( Asking for a friend)

I'm bored with £1,800 already 

Is it not £2,000oz yet? ( Asking for a friend )

I'm bored with £1,900 already 

5 hours ago, katyc said:

I'm not hiding being female (my username gives it away) and I comment quite a lot. Although if I'd known our usernames were permanent and can't be edited, I probably would have had something more imaginative! It just seems to be a smaller audience of women in to PMs in general. Most are too busy washing up.

I was reluctant to comment when I joined. Now I don't shut up (mostly thanks to everyone being so nice to me). 

I'm also very happy to say I've not had any creepy come ons (touch wood). No one has a clue if I'm Jabba The Hutt or Margot Robbie.

Gold @£1893

Goodnight y'all!

You’re up late🤔haven’t you got to get up early to make someone’s breakfast etc.🤔😮😁😁😁

(What a) Good Morning all,

£61.20g that's sheer madness eh! But rather good news.

Just moved some beads on the abacus and the collection has certainly added some value this past week or so.  Congrats all! 

Just now, dicker said:

Gangbusters

Just beat me to it! 

The closer the collapse of an Empire, the crazier it's laws - Marcus Tullius Cicero

We had the warning in 2006-9 but central banks ignored it and just added new worthless debt to existing worthless debt to create worthless debt squared – an obvious recipe for disaster. - Egon von Greyerz

image.png.aaddf395c038a4c1107892677c131418.png

Who had 
image.png.92d2c862e2142c590c9a2db8474ac9c4.png
Before breakfast?

5 minutes ago, DisplayName said:

Why is gold suddenly outperforming inflation? It holds wealth, but doesn't make it? 

Inflation starting to rise again?!