• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Pride of England 2019 coins?!

Maybe I should contact the Royal Mint immediately- my Whippet, named Fox won a 1st Place Rosette in a Team Flyball competition today...maybe they will celebrate the achievement with a Limited Edition Coin? 

Fox would make a fantastic Obverse alternative to Her Majesty...it’s bound to be a sell out.

6164AECF-B9AD-48D4-9F97-6E11D0745863.jpeg.ee7f9950c0ac29a15ee68a5d67bd69eb.jpeg

6 hours ago, goldmember44 said:

Just saw this on the Royal Mint site. Wonder what it's about? Anyway I registered my interest 😛

coin.jpg

I think it would be great if the Royal Mint were to issue a gold version of the 2019 "C is for Cricket" 10p in order to celebrate this win.  They could also make sure that plenty of cupro-nickel examples of this coin are put into circulation.

2019Cricket.jpg

2019Cricketobv.jpg

They'll chuck a tiny stamp of a cricket bat or ball on the back of the beasts coin. Stick it in a fancy box, add a hefty markup, and watch the mugs roll up to buy it. A year down the line the same coin will be available on ebay for less than the original selling price.

Great if you're intent on flipping it within days of it selling out. Bad idea if you think it will be a long term investment. 

10 hours ago, Zhorro said:

I think it would be great if the Royal Mint were to issue a gold version of the 2019 "C is for Cricket" 10p in order to celebrate this win.  They could also make sure that plenty of cupro-nickel examples of this coin are put into circulation.

2019Cricket.jpg

2019Cricketobv.jpg

In an email from The Royal Mint I was told that 3.5 million, 2019, cupro-nickel 10p “C for Cricket” were put into circulation, but I have not seen one.  Anyway I bought a BUNC one today in celebration of the victory – and we will wait and see what the Royal Mint decides to release.

BUNCCricket2.png

2 hours ago, Zhorro said:

In an email from The Royal Mint I was told that 3.5 million, 2019, cupro-nickel 10p “C for Cricket” were put into circulation, but I have not seen one.  Anyway I bought a BUNC one today in celebration of the victory – and we will wait and see what the Royal Mint decides to release.

I've yet to see any letter whatsoever of these new 10p's appear in our tills. I don't think they actually exist.  

10 minutes ago, HighlandTiger said:

I've yet to see any letter whatsoever of these new 10p's appear in our tills. I don't think they actually exist.  

I'm friendly with a lady who works behind the counter at our local post office.  She told me that she rarely sees them either- she's only aware of one full bag of 'P's' she gave out to a shopkeeper for change, and she said very infrequently one or two drip over her counter- its a fairly busy Market Town Post Office.  

Got a Bond in my change in a pub so asked the barman to check the till, think i ended up with a dozen or so. Few and far between though.

Added 0 minutes later...

Certainly never saw a 2018 of anything.

20 hours ago, richatthecroft said:

Maybe I should contact the Royal Mint immediately- my Whippet, named Fox won a 1st Place Rosette in a Team Flyball competition today...maybe they will celebrate the achievement with a Limited Edition Coin? 

Fox would make a fantastic Obverse alternative to Her Majesty...it’s bound to be a sell out.

6164AECF-B9AD-48D4-9F97-6E11D0745863.jpeg.ee7f9950c0ac29a15ee68a5d67bd69eb.jpeg

image.png.45b1fce212b906af79cbda6cfc93bf09.png

My brother loves cricket, I bought him one of these the other year (pic from Ebay)

Was nicely done with a curved/dome design 

No doubt the RM will just lazily put some writing on a coin and call it a design

cricketcoin.jpg

Help thread for members new to silver/gold stacking/collecting

The Money Printing Myth the Fed can't and don't money print - Deflation ahead, not inflation 

On 15/07/2019 at 07:40, HighlandTiger said:

They'll chuck a tiny stamp of a cricket bat or ball on the back of the beasts coin. Stick it in a fancy box, add a hefty markup, and watch the mugs roll up to buy it. A year down the line the same coin will be available on ebay for less than the original selling price.

Great if you're intent on flipping it within days of it selling out. Bad idea if you think it will be a long term investment. 

It looks as if it is just a reissue in special packaging of the Lion of England £5 (cupro-nickel) with a 2019 date (apparently no cricket ball or bat in sight!). 

The Lion of England with a 2018 date was issued to commemorate England not winning the football world cup, so the Royal Mint are not really making much effort to celebrate actually winning the cricket world cup!

It is only on sale until the 1st August but I am not sure how much interest there will be in it.

https://www.royalmint.com/our-coins/interests/sport/Lion-of-England-2019-UK-5-pound-Coin/

• 3 months later...
On 15/07/2019 at 07:33, Zhorro said:

2019Cricket.jpg

2019Cricketobv.jpg

I've just seen the Numistacker video in which he shows a proof gold version of the "C" for cricket 10p to celebrate England winning the cricket world cup.  Only 256 were produced.  It was not on general sale - you had to received a phone call from the Royal Mint,

7 hours ago, Zhorro said:

I've just seen the Numistacker video in which he shows a proof gold version of the "C" for cricket 10p to celebrate England winning the cricket world cup.  Only 256 were produced.  It was not on general sale - you had to received a phone call from the Royal Mint,

Wow so maybe the Royal Mint read your post and decided to do that! :D

7 hours ago, Zhorro said:

I've read there will be a gold B for Bond 007 coin to coincide the upcoming movie release? 

While I popped into @ChardsCoinandBullionDealer the other week -

I noticed in their display case they had very cleverly put together their name  C H A R D S   utilising the lettered 10p coins

They do exist and my wife complains regularly at the confusion at the till, in the local Petrol station because they are SO obscure people think they are "FAKES"!

10 hours ago, goldmember44 said:

Wow so maybe the Royal Mint read your post and decided to do that! :D

But they did not tell me about it!  Anyway, another email was sent yesterday asking how the coins were distributed, what was the issue price, and whether there were any left!  I do think the Royal Mint have really messed up here.  If they had announced this coin just after the world cup, upped the mintage, and had a decent marketing campaign, I think they could have really given a boost to gold coin collecting.

Cheers will have to watch the vid! And great call btw!

On 15/07/2019 at 18:24, Zhorro said:

I thought in the mintages thread the other day each day letter is now listed as official mintage 220, 000 (?)

Does anyone know if they ever declare BUNC mintages?

11 hours ago, h103efa said:

I've read there will be a gold B for Bond 007 coin to coincide the upcoming movie release?

Seriously? :wacko:

6 minutes ago, kimchi said:

I thought in the mintages thread the other day each day letter is now listed as official mintage 220, 000 (?)

Does anyone know if they ever declare BUNC mintages

220k for each letter form 2018 and currently same for 2019.

Bunc (commemorative) mintages are lagging. Still only showing numbers for upto 2016

4 minutes ago, h103efa said:

220k for each letter form 2018 and currently same for 2019.

Bunc (commemorative) mintages are lagging. Still only showing numbers for upto 2016

Great thanks! Should really think about picking up a set of 2019s, though at that price I'll have to remember them come the next sale I think.

Hmmm...how does one navigate to the mintage section on the website for both BUNCS? I can only find circulation:

https://www.royalmint.com/mintages

2 minutes ago, kimchi said:

Hmmm...how does one navigate to the mintage section on the website for both BUNCS? I can only find circulation. 

It's hidden away on their site. Found and bookmarked them. For 2016,but can link to earlier years. 

https://www.royalmint.com/discover/uk-coins/circulation-coin-mintage-figures/2016-dated-uk-commemorative-coin-sales/

Archived