• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Paying for Gold using PayPal Gift / F&F - Help please

Pete

A question to those Forum members who have a history of trading on this site.
I am currently hoping to sell a few gold coins and for the lower value trades accepting PP F&F because the buyer does not incur any fees.

My worry however is that will PP pickup on a sudden series of irregular transfers into my account and insist future buyers use their fee-based service ?

or

don't they care and I can carry on regardless ?

Thanks for guidance / sharing any past experience using PP.

I have bought and sold using PP F&F for years, albeit irregularly. Sometimes for thousands of pounds. I have never heard anything nor had any issues from PP.

However, I believe there have been people who have had their accounts suspended for clocking up large amounts regularly using this facility.

Profile picture with thanks to Carl Vernon

I would think it would depend if these transactions looked odd in comparison to your normal transactions. A sudden influx of F&F payments from multiple sources is almost certainly going to be picked up because its just not what would be expected. I know it seems like a good thing to offer for the sake of convenience but I've never known anyone who has been able to keep accepting this form of payment for long. Eventually issues come up.

I should add I have never accepted this form of payment. I have a registered business PayPal account with funds now and other such long term benefits. It wouldn't be worth it for me to destabilise that for the sake of anyone's convenience.

1 hour ago, Pete said:

A question to those Forum members who have a history of trading on this site.
I am currently hoping to sell a few gold coins and for the lower value trades accepting PP F&F because the buyer does not incur any fees.

My worry however is that will PP pickup on a sudden series of irregular transfers into my account and insist future buyers use their fee-based service ?

or

don't they care and I can carry on regardless ?

Thanks for guidance / sharing any past experience using PP.

PayPal froze my F&F for about 6 months, they said It was to " protect me " It was because i was over using it. 

12 minutes ago, danmc82 said:

How come? So PP cant track why your using it?

unlikely they will track it 

but there is always a small chance they will .. when expecting a payment from someone you know what the money for no need for a note ..

just my opinion though 

13 minutes ago, fehk2001 said:

I normally put something like happy holiday, enough your gift something like that 😁

paypal knows I have lots of friends 

I'll be your best friend- and anyone else too- just send me regular payments- I'll take the risk on PayPal tracking me 😉

23 minutes ago, richatthecroft said:

I'll be your best friend- and anyone else too- just send me regular payments- I'll take the risk on PayPal tracking me 😉

where is our porridge 

MY TOTAL FORUM TRADE FEEDBACK IS 100 AND IT IS 100%

42 minutes ago, fehk2001 said:

where is our porridge 

I ordered me a Magic Porridge Pot from eBay- but unfortunately, PayPal blocked my payment- pending investigation- I now have the unenviable task of explaining where I earned the £9.99 I sent PP f&f to pay for the Pot and send a self assessment tax return- 

Normal service, and Porridge for all will continue shortly...

https://www.bedtimeshortstories.com/magic-porridge-pot-story

Archived