• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Sovereigns from the Buckingham Collection

HighlandTiger

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply
36 minutes ago, HighlandTiger said:

I've been refunded. So I'm happy about that. 

I've also been refunded according to a message I recieved from PayPal however I have been advised by PayPal that the payment has been delayed due to the fact that the Merchant has insufficient  funds on their account. I shall be in touch with PayPal later and will post an update.

2 hours ago, ceegold said:

I've also been refunded according to a message I recieved from PayPal however I have been advised by PayPal that the payment has been delayed due to the fact that the Merchant has insufficient  funds on their account. I shall be in touch with PayPal later and will post an update.

I have not been refunded - my payment date was on the 31st May. 

Looks like I’ve got a battle on my hands! :( 

Was it only me that raised a Paypal dispute ? 

This is why I flagged them from day one. I know it doesn’t help now but in future guys check companies house data on these kind of companies. It’s free data. 

And use credit cards if you going to risk it. The protection is superior to PayPal 

New Forum Sponsor! See Items for sale here  Also on Instagram: Bargain Numismatics 

It is a really case study of how to start / not to start a PM business. 

If I were to start a trading business selling PM’s I would start here.  

Never had a problem with a forum member and everyone behaves with complete sanity as far as I have seen when buying and selling. 

Not my circus, not my monkeys

I seem to be one of the very few (and fortunate!) Forum members who has received their order from The Buckingham Collection, though I have now had 2 phone calls from them since taking delivery - despite my explicit instructions at the time of ordering that they were on no account to contact me by phone.

Having been a little bit more than slightly miffed to receive the second phone call from them earlier this week, I rang The Buckingham Collection this morning and had a "full and frank discussion" with the young gentleman who answered my call about the possible consequences of failure to comply with GDPR regulations, etc.

My experiences with The Buckingham Collection make H&B seem like an absolute joy to do deal with, when compared to these clowns :angry:

1 hour ago, Fastnick said:

I seem to be one of the very few (and fortunate!) Forum members who has received their order from The Buckingham Collection, though I have now had 2 phone calls from them since taking delivery - despite my explicit instructions at the time of ordering that they were on no account to contact me by phone.

Having been a little bit more than slightly miffed to receive the second phone call from them earlier this week, I rang The Buckingham Collection this morning and had a "full and frank discussion" with the young gentleman who answered my call about the possible consequences of failure to comply with GDPR regulations, etc.

My experiences with The Buckingham Collection make H&B seem like an absolute joy to do deal with, when compared to these clowns :angry:

What were they calling you about? To sell more stuff?

On 26/06/2019 at 00:03, Pipers said:

With all the falled  businesses how does this man get away with it, how is he able to to get facilities with PayPal and credit cards. 

Simply because people dont normally check companies or the directors.  Some in business might before offering credit, though even then all a Ltd company means is you exist and (might) publish accounts each year.  And that limited liability means you cant get anything from the owners if they do fail to pay.  Its a bit of an odd system when you stop and think about it, from a time when reputation mattered and things took months to happen i suppose. 

Can't you claim some sort of fraud or wrongful trading if the director should have a reasonable expectation to know they were likely to become insolvent?

Given he has started and dissolved a number of ltd companies I'd say any he start are likely to become insolvent. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Well, after all of the above experiences, if anyone is still feeling brave/stupid/bonkers/completely off their head on a cocktail of "exotic substances" then The Buckingham Collection are have just reduced the price of their 2019 Uncirculated Sovereigns to £259.99 (inc. P&P):

https://buckinghamcollection.co.uk/product/2019-gold-bullion-sovereign/

Oh, what the hell!

I've just ordered another one from them - if only for "the sheer entertainment value" that is to be had when doing business with them :D

(plus it works out at about £25 below today's spot price; just a bit miffed that I missed out at the price of £254.99 - which was on their website for about 2 minutes, but I wasn't quite quick enough in getting through the checkout before they increased the price :rolleyes:)

And now the buggers have just put the price up again! This time to £269.99

Will be interesting to see if they honour my order......

(but they've forgotten to raise the price of their half sovereigns - they are still available on their website for £129.99 inc P&P)

1 hour ago, Fastnick said:

Oh, what the hell!

I've just ordered another one from them - if only for "the sheer entertainment value" that is to be had when doing business with them :D

(plus it works out at about £25 below today's spot price; just a bit miffed that I missed out at the price of £254.99 - which was on their website for about 2 minutes, but I wasn't quite quick enough in getting through the checkout before they increased the price :rolleyes:)

Could do with a laugh this week, thanks for the entertainment 🤣.

buckingham.jpg.708833272c8b48d5698e395993885512.jpg 

3 hours ago, Fastnick said:

Oh, what the hell!

To plagiarise Rudyard Kipling, "You're a braver man than I, Gunga Din"

BREAKING NEWS!

I've just had a phone call from a young gentleman at The Buckingham Collection to advise me that my order has been cancelled - it seems that despite the limit of 2 Sovereigns per household and my first order having been for a single coin, they also impose a limit of just 1 "bullion order" per annum per household!

He was most apologetic, especially when I asked him to change my order to 2 half sovereigns instead :D

Strangely enough, he would be more than happy to accommodate me if I wish to avail myself of any of their proof coins...…..

7 hours ago, Fastnick said:

BREAKING NEWS!

I've just had a phone call from a young gentleman at The Buckingham Collection to advise me that my order has been cancelled - it seems that despite the limit of 2 Sovereigns per household and my first order having been for a single coin, they also impose a limit of just 1 "bullion order" per annum per household!

He was most apologetic, especially when I asked him to change my order to 2 half sovereigns instead :D

Strangely enough, he would be more than happy to accommodate me if I wish to avail myself of any of their proof coins...…..

You've probably had a lucky escape there. If the BC had a theme song, surely it would be this

Archived