• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

The 2019 Britannia Four Sided Gold Quarter Sovereign

Mcgrimes

Interesting coin. I do not support the idea behind it as I do not believe I live in an equal union and never have. The numismatic value may be interesting and as such this would be the single reason I would consider its potential for purchase. 

1 hour ago, Mcgrimes said:

What do you guys think of the 4 sided quarter sovereign? One half of me says ‘too high a premium’, but the other half of me recognises that quarter sovereigns are always bloody expensive!

https://hattonsoflondon.co.uk/product/2019-britannia-gold-quarter-sovereign/

Any comments on the dealer also appreciated

It’s not a quarter Sovereign, it’s a Tristan de Cunha Quarter Sovereign and there is no merit in vastly overpaying for it.

7 hours ago, Mcgrimes said:

What do you guys think of the 4 sided quarter sovereign? One half of me says ‘too high a premium’, but the other half of me recognises that quarter sovereigns are always bloody expensive!

https://hattonsoflondon.co.uk/product/2019-britannia-gold-quarter-sovereign/

Any comments on the dealer also appreciated

Is it a proof coin?

1 minute ago, Mcgrimes said:

It doesn’t suggest so, should come in a display case though

I hope so, I just ordered one, considering it's a one-off low mintage representing the four nations. Also, Chards are selling 1/4 Sovs from £125-£215  so I don't feel so bad about the price.

2 hours ago, Xander said:

I hope so, I just ordered one, considering it's a one-off low mintage representing the four nations. Also, Chards are selling 1/4 Sovs from £125-£215  so I don't feel so bad about the price.

Maybe you can showcase once received? 😄👍

19 minutes ago, mdp2505 said:

Quite like the shape, but what is with Queen's face?

not been minted by the royal mint so it’s a different portrait design 

the fact it’s not been minted by the royal mint puts me off ...

8 hours ago, Sovereign said:

not been minted by the royal mint so it’s a different portrait design 

the fact it’s not been minted by the royal mint puts me off ...

Ah that explains it. Looks like 'fan art' compared to Jody Clark or IRB.

This is typical fodder for Marketing companies, including London Mint Office, who target the British Island Territory of Tristan da Cunha (TDC) which has a population of about 250 in the South Atlantic, and sell very small coins at a high cost.  Presumably they get a cut for every coin sold. I won't buy them on principle. Sounds like a Pobjoy product but just guessing...

• 2 weeks later...

Archived