• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

What's your average silver price

silverdocket

2 minutes ago, silverdocket said:

Can you not go into your purchase history on eBay?

I'm not sure how far it goes back

My ebay goes back to 2016 (Started stacking Sep 2014) but I dont mind guessing because I purchased some coins from coin shops too so no matter what there is going to be some guesses. but I remember paying about £20 an ounce for my first JM bars.

28 minutes ago, Guybrush said:

On a related note,  more "mistakes I made when I started stacking" kind of thing.  I kept all receipts either that came with metal or email receipts but some (Like ebay purchases) I never bothered.  Didnt matter until I wanted to work things like this out and some coins like the uk lunar horse/sheep I had to estimate what I paid for them because I only remember the ballpark and didnt keep the details.

I have my receipts in a folder, but I would have to burn that, before my fiancee finds it... or the government...

note to self: better make a backup somewhere

1 minute ago, KevinFlynn said:

I have my receipts in a folder, but I would have to burn that, before my fiancee finds it... or the government...

note to self: better make a backup somewhere

Smart man

i just date a girl that has more that me....

winner winner chicken dinner 

4 hours ago, silverdocket said:

Two ways I'm selling 

When the gold to silver ratio corrects itself  or when I'm stuck for cash 

You should never be stuck for cash. So stack more cash. simples.

Neglecting a comfortable cash buffer is the #1 mistake that most stackers make.

6 hours ago, vand said:

I do track mine because I think it's important to know how much of your income and net worth you have in PMs as well as in anything, but i's not all that important if you are cost-averaging because it's just a function of spot price.

I cringe a bit when I see people say "I want to get my average price down below $x amount." Why? It's not under your control. 

I pity the fool who sells up as soon as spot climbs 1% above his average price.

What you have in PM's is what they are worth today, not what you paid. If they say hold 20% in PM's or whatever percentage, that 20% should be calculated on the current value in terms of a percentage of what you net worth. You might have put more than 20% of your net worth into PM's as you paid higher prices than it is worth today but i would say the calculation should be on what you could reasonably sell your stack for and not what you paid.

So the question should be, what is your stack worth? Do you need to stack more or have you got enough. i keep stacking silver but in reality i should admit i have stacked enough, if not actually got carried away.

Always cast your vote - Spoil your ballot slip. Put 'Spoilt Ballot - I do not consent.' These votes are counted. If you do not do this you are consenting to the tyranny. None of them are fit for purpose. 
A tyranny relies on propaganda and force. Once the propaganda fails all that's left is force.

COVID-19 is a cover story for the collapsing economy. Green Energy isn't Green and it isn't Renewable.

I keep the receipts and know how many sovereigns and ounces of silver I have and calculate an ounce of silver for 10 Pounds and one sovereign for 200 and think this is what it is worth, in case I needed to sell it right now. I keep the total in my head as I won't sell anything soon anyway. When I sell, I think a litre of milk might cost 10 Pounds, so all these calculations are not relevant for me unless there is an emergency my cash can't cover and in that case I shouldn't get much less than the total figure I keep in my head.

Personally I don't know and I don't care.

I think the bullion I have bought was cheap enough to turn a profit whatever happens unless it seriously dives, my semi-nums should do ok as well. my numismatics will be what they'll be, it's a hobby.

Profile picture with thanks to Carl Vernon

Ok, the current shape of my stack is

an average of 370 oz of Silver is £15.68 comprising (inc. P&P) :-

that's 25 oz of Hand poured (BYB/SF) @ £21.54 avg.

295 oz of BU Brits @ £14.57 avg.

50 oz of QB & Val (10 ozers) @ £15.93 avg.

that's 26.7% above current spot, and i'm happy with that as a new stacker I to paid VAT in the beginning ... dooh.

I've also 8oz of BU gold (Brits and QB's) @ £1070 (inc. P&P), 6% above current spot, not in sov's territory but again i'm happy. 

I keep a record on may purchases and my Excel sheet spits out the rest, I think it helps ground with my future purchases.

ie. price asked against current spot / price asked against similar price paid and what the spot was then etc.

2 hours ago, MHoppy said:

Ok, the current shape of my stack is

an average of 370 oz of Silver is £15.68 comprising (inc. P&P) :-

that's 25 oz of Hand poured (BYB/SF) @ £21.54 avg.

295 oz of BU Brits @ £14.57 avg.

50 oz of QB & Val (10 ozers) @ £15.93 avg.

that's 26.7% above current spot, and i'm happy with that as a new stacker I to paid VAT in the beginning ... dooh.

I've also 8oz of BU gold (Brits and QB's) @ £1070 (inc. P&P), 6% above current spot, not in sov's territory but again i'm happy. 

I keep a record on may purchases and my Excel sheet spits out the rest, I think it helps ground with my future purchases.

ie. price asked against current spot / price asked against similar price paid and what the spot was then etc.

Very impressive 

Archived