• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Ebay Vouchers - have you had any, and what did you buy

HighlandTiger

I'm sure it says always at the top of the checkout that another user can still purchase the item until you complete the purchase.

I used to think that too and I'm confused by it.

post-94-0-29769500-1434406043_thumb.jpg

• Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You can click buy it now and still choose not to go through with the purchase, as long as you don't sign into Paypal and seal the deal you can just back out of it.

Not always.  This is after clicking buy it now.

post-94-0-26847700-1434407515_thumb.jpg

Oh well this has taught me one important thing, the importance of available funds..No matter how tempting deals might be never run yourself dry (like I often do lol)

And to keep enough funds so friends who you tell about the promo and still can't be bothered can order for you.

This is why it's hard to keep your olympic 50ps without banking them.

This goes to show how great this forum is to find out that vouchers were available, then not, then available then not.

The updates during the day kept me from pulling any more hair out!!!! Think everybody that used them will be happy

Everyone keep up the good work

I've not tried any from this link yet.

If anybody does try a code when they are buying something please report back on whether it worked for them. The success rate from site users does seem to be quite low so don't get excited. Some look like they are from 2011.

http://www.dontpayfull.com/at/stores.ebay.co.uk#c1127118

CUKFB1 ---£5 off! Voucher dont include postage

MP100829 ---Ebay UK: 60% Off

SUMMER12 ---10% Off Orders Over £10

FATHERS DAY ---Get 10% off on all items

TWN2011 ---Ebay UK: 10% Off

tw152 ---Ebay UK: 5% Off Items

40245 ---check my discount

TESCOPROMO ---FREE SHIPPING

tw164 ---Ebay UK: 5% Off Any Items

That'll do for now. I might type the rest on if anyone gets a result.

Only try if you're going to buy something anyway whether they work or not.

I used to think that too and I'm confused by it.

@morezone Just searched for when you are committed to buy. The foreign currency issue may be what can catch you out.

Are there any items that can't be added to the eBay shopping basket?

Yes. Items listed in the following categories can't be added to the eBay shopping basket: all Motors listings (Vehicles), Property listings, classified format listings and international items listed in foreign currencies.

Return to top

When do I actually own the item?

You're not committed as a buyer until you pay. Fixed price items that you've added to your basket but not paid for remain available for other buyers to purchase. Whoever checks out and pays first gets the item. (This is different to clicking 'Buy it now' to secure an item, and paying for it later on.) And as always, if you bid on an auction-style item, you're committed to purchase if you win.

Return to top

How does eBay's shopping basket work for fixed price items?

On fixed price listings, you'll see a new Add to basket button. Simply click this button to add items to your basket. You're not committed until you pay.

You can add items from the same or different sellers to your basket. You can check out and pay for all the items in your basket at once, or check out on selected items and save others for later.

I just tested on an item. I clicked 'add to basket' 'proceed to checkout' where the voucher redemption box is.

Then I clicked the shopping cart and removed the item. So it looks like any future codes can be checked before committing providing it's priced in £s.

If you check a code and it's valid and then decide not to purchase the code may come up as used when you try it again later.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived