• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Ebay Vouchers - have you had any, and what did you buy

HighlandTiger

• Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Had 3 x 20% off vouchers from eBay today when spend £20 any up to £50 off any good deals anyone can suggest?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2015-Royal-Mint-1oz-Year-of-the-Sheep-Gold-Coin-/201370457772?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item2ee29d56ac

1oz gold Lunar Sheep @ £800 less £50 discount get its coming in £7.50 under spot delivered

Newish ebay seller however with no previous PM sales though so proceed with caution

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2015-Royal-Mint-1oz-Year-of-the-Sheep-Gold-Coin-/201370457772?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item2ee29d56ac

1oz gold Lunar Sheep @ £800 less £50 discount get its coming in £7.50 under spot delivered

Newish ebay seller however with no previous PM sales though so proceed with caution

Had a good look there Paul the pictures seem fine.

Damn same here, looks like the funs over:( Was just about to get a second from my other account..

Oh well this has taught me one important thing, the importance of available funds..No matter how tempting deals might be never run yourself dry (like I often do lol)

I lost my code as well,I stuck it in just to see what the total would be but decided against it so never went through with the purchase then when I tried again got the message that the redemption code was used.

Shame that ended so quickly.

I guess a £50 saving per person would expend a sizeable budget quite quickly.

Glad I got my order in, it's not too often you get chance of a sovereign under spot.

Stacker since 2013

The party may not yet be over. Since the code would not work for me I have spoken to one of the online help agents. Before I could say anything they knew what I was calling about. They informed me that they are going to produce an alternative code that will either be sent out by email or put up on the home page of the site soon (yeah right). I was also told to try the code again in an hour or two as they working to resolve the issue. 

Personally I do not believe it. When I asked if Ebay had run out of funds on the offer because of the amount of people using I was told - "No. Ebay has not run out of money. Try again in an hour or two." The wait was worth it just for that. 

If they do send an alternative code I will let you know.

Sellers have an ounce of gold at £900 ish to cover the EBay fees but a 20% discount makes this around £720 which is a good but under spot so I know what I'm getting if this code does start working again.

Sellers have an ounce of gold at £900 ish to cover the EBay fees but a 20% discount makes this around £720 which is a good but under spot so I know what I'm getting if this code does start working again.

Maximum discount is £50. At 20% the most you can spend is £250 to pay £200. Any more and its just a £50 off voucher. 

This promo isn't really costing Ebay much, Of the 20% , 10% is covered by the seller fees, along with a few more pence for various listing fees, Paypal fees add another 3% or 4% into the pot, So basically, of the 20% Ebay and Paypal are only needing to cover about 5% of the sale, with it being max refund of £50, the most they will lose per transaction is £12.50. But don't forget there may be lots of transactions above the £250 mark, (plenty of non PM fans will be buying electronics etc), so that 5% could be whittled down to a smaller percentage.. 

Archived