• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Westminster collection jokers

Stacknsave

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 hours ago, Blockhead said:

Mine only turned up on Friday. Hopefully yours will turn up Monday 

To clarify, my silver Britannias only turned up Friday. 

My gold 1/10 Britannias turned up about a week earlier. They're still in their original royal mint blisters although I did notice there are very small red spots on the Queen's head on both. That's fine for the price and description as bullion. 

I can't help but think they simply didn't have enough to fill the orders therefore some have received and others haven't. 

Now with gold going up they are trying to get out of supplying these coins. 

There customer contact is terrible. They take about two days to get back to any message. 

22 hours ago, Blockhead said:

Mine only turned up on Friday. Hopefully yours will turn up Monday 

Oops I made a mistake, I have just found my three silver Brits in a pile of post I had overlooked, probably delivered around a week ago.

I can't fault Westminster here really - ordered 3 x Aviation £2 BUNC packs, 3 x Jane Austen BUNC £2 (carded) which arrived together, 3 x Snowman BUNC packs which came yesterday as they were waiting for stock (which they had let me know by email in advance were delayed) and 3 x 2011 silver Brits which also came separately. The Snowman BUNC packs would have been cheaper from the Mint, but not delivered.

I think I paid around a £5 for delivery for everything, which for three deliveries (although I only expected two, and postage on the Brits was free) wasn't bad at all.

Looks like a milkspot on one of the Brits which I didn't expect from Britannia silver (Brits were still Britannia silver then, right?).

2 hours ago, zeusss4 said:

There customer contact is terrible. They take about two days to get back to any message. 

Hope you and everyone else get your coins soon :)

Have you given them a call? When I had all my problems with the Silver Proof Krugs I found them pretty good on the phone, that was last year though and haven't dealt with them since until this order.

The problem of people not getting their items is because they wont release them until theyve done a pointless credit check. Which takes upto 10 working days following them sending you a letter to agree to the check to be done, then sign and post back so they whole situation takes ages. In this day and age its just not acceptable.

6 minutes ago, Coolsmp said:

The problem of people not getting their items is because they wont release them until theyve done a pointless credit check. Which takes upto 10 working days following them sending you a letter to agree to the check to be done, then sign and post back so they whole situation takes ages. In this day and age its just not acceptable.

I completely agree it's not acceptable. Is this in any way linked to their 'sending coins on approval' system of operating though (which I think is ridiculous, to put it politely)?

If so, luckily, I never accidentally agreed to that in their T&Cs.

The only other problem I had with them was the junk mail, but after sending it all back to them after a year or so they got the message it seems and I don't get it anymore.

I think @fehk2001 has recommended deleting your address details and payment details after a successful delivery to avoid all that (?), but at the time I was happy to send it back to them (at their expense) as I had the time and energy and thought it made more of a point :P

1 hour ago, Coolsmp said:

Finally got my 1/10 oz britannias from Westminster collection after several weeks of waiting. 6 still sealed 3 not. Never got the silver brits though. They said they couldnt fulfill my order.

20181214_164335.jpg

Glad they turned up. Do yours have very small red spots? Mine did on the Queen's head

So i received the email from Westminster Collection today....

"Thanks for your recent Black Friday order of the UK 2011 1oz Silver Bullion Britannia.

Unfortunately, our limited stock has completely sold out and I have subsequently been unable to source enough coins to meet the unprecedented demand for this coin. As a result, I'm afraid to say that I will be unable to fulfil your order.

I do apologise for this, but I'd like to let you know that I do still have a small stock of the 2017 20th Anniversary 1oz Silver Bullion Britannia, featuring a special one-year-only privy mark, as an alternative.

I am offering this coin for £25 to those customers who missed out on the 2011 Britannia Black Friday deal, but because of my limited stock you will need to act fast in order to secure your Britannia at this price."

Added 0 minutes later...

Not the £15 they were offering on the 2011.

48 minutes ago, Coolsmp said:

So i received the email from Westminster Collection today....

"Thanks for your recent Black Friday order of the UK 2011 1oz Silver Bullion Britannia.

Unfortunately, our limited stock has completely sold out and I have subsequently been unable to source enough coins to meet the unprecedented demand for this coin. As a result, I'm afraid to say that I will be unable to fulfil your order.

I do apologise for this, but I'd like to let you know that I do still have a small stock of the 2017 20th Anniversary 1oz Silver Bullion Britannia, featuring a special one-year-only privy mark, as an alternative.

I am offering this coin for £25 to those customers who missed out on the 2011 Britannia Black Friday deal, but because of my limited stock you will need to act fast in order to secure your Britannia at this price."

Added 0 minutes later...

Not the £15 they were offering on the 2011.

"Because you missed out on a pretty collectable britannia at a price you wouldn't be able to find it elsewhere, we're going to offer you a less collectable version for a decent amount more than you would pay for it anywhere else..."

Lucky you!  

42 minutes ago, Bullionbilly said:

Ive seen in the gold deal section on the forum that the offer on the 1/10th gold is still on !

If thats true then its a good deal.. i bought 9 of them on black friday. Need to take a look coz i will get some more!

Archived