• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

What's going to be the Royal Mint's next big hit?

GoodAsGold

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, h103efa said:

50th anniversary of Concorde in 2019?

@h103efa Agreed. I thought that would be a must for 2019, but I'm not so sure now after the horrific crash. I think they'll bring out a coin to commemorate the 50th anniversary of man setting foot on the moon though.

50 minutes ago, MickD said:

Now I may be mistaken, as I think my girlfriend has ridiculed me before for mentioning it previously, but I am sure a young female medic or doctor came into the waiting area when I was in an RAF medical centre and asked for the same individual (gong back about 35 years).

@MickD  I'll go back 30 years when my fellow male colleague and I were just coming to the end of a busy day at our RAF base. Things were just quietening down when a young  airman burst into our office in a hurry and out of breath. He said he'd been sent around the base to try and borrow an urgent bit of kit. He asked us did we have any spare fallopian tubes? We thought about it, very straight faced, but had to decline his request.   

Literary figures seem popular, so I could see them releasing coins commemorating Arthur Conan Doyle, Tolkien, C. S. Lewis etc. 

Whether they'd be popular or not is anyone's guess, but I'd imagine a Tolkien themed coin/series at least would be sought after. 

Id like them to redo some old English coins like the dutch did with the Lion dollar, celebrates history, cool designs, will be popular, wins all around

Forgot to say itm worked out really nice with the 2017 proof sovereigns 

coin1.jpg.8a3702ecb6d0a2306265978f34ced292.jpgnoble.jpg.164dc95adedac081e025803378b3e633.jpg

Help thread for members new to silver/gold stacking/collecting

The Money Printing Myth the Fed can't and don't money print - Deflation ahead, not inflation 

11 minutes ago, GoodAsGold said:

@MickD  I'll go back 30 years when my fellow male colleague and I were just coming to the end of a busy day at our RAF base. Things were just quietening down when a young  airman burst into our office in a hurry and out of breath. He said he'd been sent around the base to try and borrow an urgent bit of kit. He asked us did we have any spare fallopian tubes? We thought about it, very straight faced, but had to decline his request.   

Chicken sh*t de-greasant, left handed screwdriver, bucket of steam.....and Sergeant Fletcher?

12 minutes ago, Tonyb959 said:

Literary figures seem popular, so I could see them releasing coins commemorating Arthur Conan Doyle, Tolkien, C. S. Lewis etc. 

Whether they'd be popular or not is anyone's guess, but I'd imagine a Tolkien themed coin/series at least would be sought after. 

@Tonyb959 Whereas JK Rowling is arguably not so popular with 44.7% of the Scottish voting population who voted for independence in 2014.  She got a lot of abuse for her opposing stance.

How about the rise of bit coin and the demise of government backed coins.. although i suspect the royal mint will be staying away from that idea.. or how about zippy, george and bungle series with a special edition for geoffrey hayes rip🙏

16 minutes ago, Kman said:

Id like them to redo some old English coins like the dutch did with the Lion dollar, celebrates history, cool designs, will be popular, wins all around

noble.jpg.164dc95adedac081e025803378b3e633.jpg

@Kman That would be fantastic, after all, the 1989 sovereign range is a significant tribute to the 1489 original.  To each their own but I prefer these types of coins to others.

13 minutes ago, Coolsmp said:

How about the rise of bit coin and the demise of government backed coins.. although i suspect the royal mint will be staying away from that idea.. or how about zippy, george and bungle series with a special edition for geoffrey hayes rip🙏

@Coolsmp Bitcoin is virtual currency so will the RM send out empty presentation boxes with COA's?  How about a virtual coin celebrating the emporer's new clothes?   😁

3 minutes ago, GoodAsGold said:

@Coolsmp Bitcoin is virtual currency so will the RM send out empty presentation boxes with COA's?  How about a virtual coin celebrating the emporer's new clothes?   😁

https://www.ebay.com/itm/BITCOIN-Gold-Plated-Physical-Bitcoin-in-protective-acrylic-case-FAST-SHIPPING-/302781102735

Bitcoins for sale

25 minutes ago, GoodAsGold said:

@Tonyb959 Whereas JK Rowling is arguably not so popular with 44.7% of the Scottish voting population who voted for independence in 2014.  She got a lot of abuse for her opposing stance.

@Tonyb959 Not from me, I hasten to say.  I've nominated a Harry Potter coin series after all.

Archived