• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

2019 proof sovereign

lightjaw

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Kman said:

They're really reaching for a selling point "mintage less than last year" wow lol

It didn't work on the 2018 Piedfort...so as per the usual Mint incompetency they repeat the same pathetic mistake on this one to put some folk off the coin! :wacko:

Both coins been done a disservice imvho by the Mint, both will do better in the short/medium term (less this one as it's a 'regular' proof Sov but just what the series needs, and makes last year's and the 2017s far more desirable imo)... so I actually don't mind them effing things up as per usual!

8 minutes ago, Kman said:

will hold value in the next decade at best most likely

Probably so. However I expect a price reset within that timeframe, so a proof will be worth no (or little) more than bullion. Just mvho :)

7 hours ago, medgasguy said:

I see that delivery for the BU version will be in 7-10 working days. Does this mean that they do intend to release a strike on the day version soon? And if so, will it be what we saw with George's 5th birthday sovereign? Should be fun to find out, or not.

Are you referring to the statement that says “Delivery within 3 to 5 working days. 7 to 10 for Brilliant Uncirculated.”?

If so, I doubt it means anything. It looks more like a copy-paste error as I’ve also seen this statement on pages for some products that aren’t even coins. 

7 hours ago, medgasguy said:

Yes I was referring to that, I hope that they don't release any more strike on the day sovereigns this year, then that would make the George's 5th more collectable but we will have to wait and see.

Hasn't George had one every year so far? If so I wonder when they'll stop!

1 hour ago, terakris said:

I heard they will not be any more for him till his 18th (on this forum somewhere). Brexit SOTD anyone? ;) 

That is correct. The description on the RM site itself states there won’t be any more SotD’s struck on Prince George’s upcoming birthdays until his 18th.

Imo they should’ve stopped 4 years ago - the one commemorating his birth really should’ve been the only one. The same for Princess Charlotte.

1 hour ago, medgasguy said:

I like the George's 5th b/d sovereign especially with that plain edge. Earlier this year I was really unfortunate not to have scored one of those sapphire coronation sovereigns. That among many others are on my want list.

Oh that’s unfortunate. Did you get the Prince George 5th Birthday SotD Sovereign?

I normally receive email notifications from the Royal Mint for new coin releases but I only got to hear about the new sovereign release through Numistacker's You Tube channel.  Nothing in my junk box either.  Did anyone else here get a RM notification please?

10 hours ago, GoodAsGold said:

I normally receive email notifications from the Royal Mint for new coin releases but I only got to hear about the new sovereign release through Numistacker's You Tube channel.  Nothing in my junk box either.  Did anyone else here get a RM notification please?

I don't get any email notifications even though I buy a few things from them. Imagine my surprise when I received a phone call t'other day about these proof sovs! First one ever.

Profile picture with thanks to Carl Vernon

1 minute ago, westminstrel said:

@sovereignsteve - I believe you have to specifically sign up for the email newsletters on the website.

And if I remember correctly, after the whole GDPR thingey kicked in, you had to sign up again or something. 

Thanks for the heads up but I'm not that bothered anyway. I get better info by reading this forum:D

Profile picture with thanks to Carl Vernon

13 hours ago, westminstrel said:

Yes I’ve been getting them prior to every new coin/range release.

Thanks for that, westminstrel.  I agree with you regarding royal birthday commemoratives by the way - one coin at birth should suffice for royal children.  I'm not interested in the Prince Charles 70th birthday coin either.  He stung me once when I was a kid growing up in the 1960's, collecting stamps. I remember spending all of my one shilling pocket money on the brand new Prince of Wales investiture stamp with his face on it and not having anything left for comics or sweets for a whole week.  Bad decision then and 2 wrongs don't make a right.

13 hours ago, Goldmick said:

Yes got one the other day

Cheers for your reply, Goldmick. The RM email notifications are handy but I enjoy their "Bulletin" brochures even more.  Ideal as references for original prices and mintages (for recent coins at least).

7 hours ago, sovereignsteve said:

I don't get any email notifications even though I buy a few things from them. Imagine my surprise when I received a phone call t'other day about these proof sovs! First one ever.

Thanks for the reply sovereignsteve.  I wouldn't like a cold phone call from the RM - too much of a hard sell IMO.  I assume they must have sales targets judging by the plethora of new coins that came out in the first few months of this year (ahead of the new financial year in April). I did receive a personal email from one of their sales managers a few months ago though.  Seems like you buy one gold coin off them and they look for you to buy other coins that they're needing to sell. 

Archived