• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

2019 proof sovereign

lightjaw

8 hours ago, sovereignsteve said:

I don't get any email notifications even though I buy a few things from them. Imagine my surprise when I received a phone call t'other day about these proof sovs! First one ever.

Personal phone calls and personal emails from the RM to push a coin sale are one thing.  I imagine that it might be a knock on the door next.  I couldn't refuse the Queen if she tapped on my door and politely asked me to buy one's latest sovereign.  Likewise I wouldn't refuse Frankenstein if he came through my door and ordered me to buy his coin.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seems like there is a Piedfort  version for 2019 too?

https://www.apmex.com/product/177776/2019-great-britain-gold-sovereign-proof-piedfort

" Coin Highlights:

• Maximum mintage of 1,620.
  • Contains .4708 oz of Gold.
  • Obverse: Displays an effigy of Her Majesty Elizabeth II as well as the date.
  • Reverse: Features St. George and the dragon by Benedetto Pistrucci, an image that has endured for almost 200 years."

The Piedfort seems to be an annual affair now (along with the BU Five Sovereign) so this isn’t surprising. 

I’m just wondering how Apmex managed to obtain the mintage numbers so early. Unless the RM somehow intends releasing the 2019 Piedfort earlier instead of in June 2019 (the month they released the 2017 and 2018 Piedforts).

Archived