• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Why no love for Landmarks of Britain?

DrKarlMoneys

Why no love for Landmarks of Britain?  

45 members have voted

1. 1. Why no love for Landmarks of Britain?

• They reused the designs from 2014
    • A mintage of 50,000? Call that collectable? Pfft.
    • I spent all my money on Queen's beasts
    • They're not representative enough of the UK
    • Too high a premium
    • Not a high enough premium
    • I only want coins with animals or women in flowing dress on them
    • Other

2 minutes ago, Thelonerangershorse said:

Time for a new thread, "What's the most embarrassing coin you own?...."

Anyone want to confess to a tube of zombiedogs?

:lol: is that the coin that I put a pic of on here, my daughter likes that coin, reckons it looks like her dog :rolleyes:

At the end of the day they are all 999 silver and thats the reason we collect them as an investment, and if only a few people like them thats totally fine, I always remember saying this to a group of nobends at college,

'you all laugh at me because I am different, I laugh at all of you because you are all the same'.

I agree with you all, the series could and should have been so much greater. Would have a great year to do a series on the UK (Royal Weddings etc.) displaying the best of the best. London centric, well what do you expect? Typical in my opinion. So many more fabulous places they could have show-cased. The quality certainly leaves a lot to be desired.

Hopefully they will up their game in future and take note of what other producers and doing.

Not sure how well a 'Bra and Undies' series would do, but for you men, it could be popular?

11 minutes ago, caloundracats said:

Not sure how well a 'Bra and Undies' series would do, but for you men, it could be popular

I'm sure if the royal mint decided there was money to be made they'd give it a try, I'd stay clear of privy marks though.

"To get to where I need to be, I start by walking away from where I am."

I agree with most of what is said above, I think its possible the design looks great on paper but not in Silver, looking at the dog coin also is a poor design, first glance looks like a kids drawing,

Im new to the coin collecting game but the Queens beasts 10 oz coins to me are a work of art and make you want to buy them. These coins are not astheistically pleasing and a bit of an insult to anywhere outside of London, as somebody above stated these are ideal for the tourist market or those that need to buy one of everything released

Ok, not as nicely or as intricately designed or as cleanly pressed as some coins such as the Queen’s Beasts series however, there are far worse coins on the market.  

I’m in the minority here, but I like them.  

In terms of future premiums, earlier this year the Royal Mint were ominously selling them off at low premium.  I was surprised today, having completed a cursory search on eBay to see the average price pegged for either of the two already released coins at around the £27 mark and none for sale for less than £24.  Atkinson’s have the Tower Bridge for £25.60and the Big Ben at £28.75. 

I often flip an odd coin or two on eBay, and these always sold very well indeed. 

I like this series because it is something other than animals. Being from the UK also plays a role. I do however think that they are little over priced and will surly fall in value is does most royal mint stuff. I only buy the one of each just to have. 

Make new friends but keep the old.

One is silver and the other gold

* * * * K   e   e   p       o   n       s   t   a   c   k   i   n   g  ....my friends****

I must say that I am too one of the few that actually likes this series I've got 2 of Trafalgar square on the group order ? to carry on with 2 of each for the series.

That said what is everyone's take on getting a set graded once finished ?

I kind of see what people are saying about them looking like tourists postcards, I still like the Trafalgar square design, though. DOn't necessarily mind the cloud effects, they were based off water colours and I can't blame them for trying something a bit different, even if they didn't turn out to be such a hit.

Haven't seen the Sharps Pixley bars, I'll look them up.

• 5 months later...

Archived