• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Another Perth Bird

captaincavemanjay

Theres no flies on Perth mint, though, seems like a new coin every couple of weeks.  I'd like the Royal Mint to bring out a British Bird of some sort, though only if it was similar to the Kookaburra series and not some quirky looking styling like the Lunars. A realistic yearly Robin or something?

Can't say I'm a massive fan of the design. I think they're milking the Australian bird's thing a bit - they'll have Kylie on one next.

22 minutes ago, captaincavemanjay said:

Theres no flies on Perth mint, though, seems like a new coin every couple of weeks.  I'd like the Royal Mint to bring out a British Bird of some sort, though only if it was similar to the Kookaburra series and not some quirky looking styling like the Lunars. A realistic yearly Robin or something?

The Royal Mint pigeon. Doesn't have quite the same ring to it as the Aussie kook does it? :P

8 minutes ago, captaincavemanjay said:

Yes, it does look like Perth are going in a new direction. I am more than ok with that! The minting style of their capsuled semi-numi bullion ranges are second to none. In past years i would be shopping for 1oz's throughout the year. I'd look through the perth stuff again, and keep coming to the same conclusion - i really have enough of that one, and that one. Once you had picked up the koala kook and lunar, you were done for the rest of the year. I would rather buy 10 each of 8 unique series than 25 each of 3 series.

2 hours ago, swAgger said:

Yes, it does look like Perth are going in a new direction. I am more than ok with that! The minting style of their capsuled semi-numi bullion ranges are second to none. In past years i would be shopping for 1oz's throughout the year. I'd look through the perth stuff again, and keep coming to the same conclusion - i really have enough of that one, and that one. Once you had picked up the koala kook and lunar, you were done for the rest of the year. I would rather buy 10 each of 8 unique series than 25 each of 3 series.

Yeah, i only really buy singles for date runs(Kooks, Koalas, Pandas, Libertad, Silver Eagle etc), pairs or trios of ones i really like, or odd singles and then i just hammer down on Brits for weight up to my yearly goal. This year im going to try and add a 1/4oz Gold Brit and a Full and Half Sov Bullion on a future date run. I keep thinking of starting the Rwanda Lunar but not sure if i want to be tied to a twelve year run. I would have started the Bhutan Lunar, but the first year(Monkey i believe) is hard to find at a descent price and i'd hate to have all but one, plus again its  a long run:lol:

I really like the Benin Wildlife ones also, though i only see them come up now and again or at silly prices, no rush on those.

Im an Amateur Wildlife Artist, so i'm very much Animal driven(within reason), hence my Avatar.

Yes I am ashamed to say I saw what Martlet saw almost instantly - the rear of the bird is open to a corrupt minds interpretation, which is further reinforced by the expression of surprise and discomfort on its avian features... quite a work of... art? :P

It is half decent, the wings look very nice and in hand it will reflect light well like the QB griffin I bet. Feathers seem to work well on coins. Could be a nice series. :D

Looks like it is about to have a sh1t. Rubbish design.

Always cast your vote - Spoil your ballot slip. Put 'Spoilt Ballot - I do not consent.' These votes are counted. If you do not do this you are consenting to the tyranny. None of them are fit for purpose. 
A tyranny relies on propaganda and force. Once the propaganda fails all that's left is force.

COVID-19 is a cover story for the collapsing economy. Green Energy isn't Green and it isn't Renewable.

After decades of issuing bullion coins in their Koala, Kookaburra and Lunar Animal ranges, the Perth Mint has considerably expanded its offerings over the last couple of years, with the rate of diversification seemingly gathering steam. A few of the new issues have captured collectors imaginations and shown impressive appreciation in a short amount of time. The Australian Swan coin from last year is a noteworthy example and that series is clearly hugely desirable given the frenzy around the 2018 entrant, and the Australian Emu was another recent highlight.

Never one to abandon a good thing, the mint has launched another Australian Wildlife themed bullion coin series and if the first coin is an indicator it will be one worth watching. Called Australian Bird of Paradise, it depicts a Victoria’s Riflebird perched on a branch and calling out with its wings outstretched. A very pretty design by in-house artist Jennifer McKenna is surrounded by a border carrying title and composition inscriptions.

Available in one-ounce gold or one-ounce silver formats, the design, apart from the obvious inscription differences, remains fundamentally the same. The silver coin has a mintage limited to 50,000 pieces and the gold 5,000. All come encapsulated but without other packaging, just as you’d expect of a bullion coin.

The coins are distributed in partnership between Auragentum and LPM-HK and can be purchased from these companies today. A great debut for another fine Perth Mint bullion coin series with a nature theme. They do seem to be rather good at them. Proof versions should be available in late 2018/early 2019.

2018-PM-Bird-of-Paradise-bu-FEAT.jpg

42 minutes ago, PolarPanda said:

I can't help it, every time the Perh Mint announces a new coin i'm excited! 

You said it!

Once the toilet humour is out of the way, there'll be plenty of appreciation when byb does a in-focus in a couple of months time :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, RoughDog said:

Is it a vampire bird? ?

Ouch that wooden stake. :D 

:lol: You mean the video i posted on the other thread? I'll attach here too. Yes, now you mention it, the way it uses it's wings like a vampire would swish a cloak! It's a very cool bird. I love seeing these birds of paradise in action. Some other species do even more spectacular dances.

Archived