• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Today I Received.....

Message added by ChrisSilver

The Today I received section is for private individuals to share items they have purchased for their collection / as part of their investment.

The Today I received section is not to be used for businesses to promote their business. Trade members and those operating as a business in the eyes of the forum are invited to enquire about a Dealer Sub Forum, where you may start your own Today _____ received topic to post your commercial purchases. E.g. The Today Chards Received..... topic.

Damn nice coin that is:)

Youtube is funny and wont let me reply to comments, are you having that problem?

The design is very very nice, shame it's quite small, I doubt it's much better on the full, I think on the double sovereign it would be large enough to actually appreciate properly.

Help thread for members new to silver/gold stacking/collecting

The Money Printing Myth the Fed can't and don't money print - Deflation ahead, not inflation 

Youtube is funny and wont let me reply to comments, are you having that problem?

The design is very very nice, shame it's quite small, I doubt it's much better on the full, I think on the double sovereign it would be large enough to actually appreciate properly.

Yep I am, also it wouldn't let me comment for a while too.  Its a really nice coin, the full sovereign price is pretty eye watering though, hate to think what the double is..But a brilliant edition to a collection.

Yep I am, also it wouldn't let me comment for a while too.  Its a really nice coin, the full sovereign price is pretty eye watering though, hate to think what the double is..But a brilliant edition to a collection.

The double seems to go for less than the full funnily enough

Suppose the full is the main collectible one of the sizes.  

The Money Printing Myth the Fed can't and don't money print - Deflation ahead, not inflation 

That's mad! Though I guess there is far more full sovereign collections out there than doubles. 

From what I've seen on Ebay, it seems to work out roughly as below for the 1989 sovs ~ "normal one" being a normal sovereign of that size 

half sovereign 2.5x a normal one

Full sovereign 4x a normal one

Double Sovereign 1.5x a normal one

& not sure about quintuple 

Thoughts on the horse Craig?

very nice , wide coin , came in a capsule, i think its as big as i,d go    i dont think i would like a 10 oz coin or 1 kilo  dont ask me why, cant put my finger on it,, very clever how they mix the gloss and frosting together

ps  no i may consider a 5 oz coin but no larger 

what is the mintage of a 2 oz uncarded/unboxed lunar horse?

Edited by craig12

very nice , wide coin , came in a capsule, i think its as big as i,d go i dont think i would like a 10 oz coin or 1 kilo dont ask me why, cant put my finger on it,, very clever how they mix the gloss and frosting together

ps no i may consider a 5 oz coin but no larger

Don't think they have released Mintages on the horses yet mate.

All the Perth mint lunars come in capsules too.

Stacker since 2013

Today I received........

The UK Sheep, 2014 Libertads, and the UK Lunar Horses.

I must admit they are absolutely brilliant coins very pleased.

The top ones are ever so slightly marked, but other than that they are pristine for a bullion coin,wow.

The Proofs must be awesome!!!

very nice , wide coin , came in a capsule, i think its as big as i,d go    i dont think i would like a 10 oz coin or 1 kilo  dont ask me why, cant put my finger on it,, very clever how they mix the gloss and frosting together

ps  no i may consider a 5 oz coin but no larger 

I used to think that about the bigger coins but now I have 10oz lunars I want 1kg!

Just missed my parcel. I'm away but my wife was out walking the dog when UPS decided to call. Could have been an 8am delivery or a 7pm, bloody useless really compared with DPD where you track the courier through individual drops so know exactly what time to be in for.

Never heard of DPD Couriers before.

Anyway, got my two 2oz 2009 kooks from Arshimo and these are my first 2oz coins.

I have to say I'm not a fan of this size coin. I will stick to the traditional one ounce and fractionals.

My next coin's a doozy.

Edited by Cointreau