• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Royal Mint's Summer Auction - OPEN - Ends June 9th

https://auction.royalmint.com/auctions/catalog/id/50?page=1

441 lots to have a browse through.  Some interesting bits and bobs for all budgets.

(Add +20% buyer premium + VAT)

• The 1kg gold Queens Beasts PF70 completer 🤩for me if the EuroMillions comes my way (would need to buy a ticket first though :( ) 

Clicked on the “transport information” tab listed against each coin. Somebody tell the Royal Mint how to spell “available” correctly ffs.

Own it and Love it.

(With thanks to 9x883 for the suggestion)

Posted (edited)

Seen enough. Clicking on a few random coins and Lot 99, the 4 coin 1989 proof sov box set, fails to mention the 4th coin, namely the half sov and the description of the reverse is the G+D design. Really? That would be unique. Same reverse on lot 100 apparently. Obverse design on each is incorrect too. Royal Mint you are a laughing stock. Go back to “skool”.

Edited by GoodAsGold
Text added

Own it and Love it.

(With thanks to 9x883 for the suggestion)

Am I missing something. Lot 119 is listed as a 1997 Britannia 4 coin proof set. Estimate of £400 - £500. Pictures of a 2007 included in the listing and the coins look like they have been stored under a leaking sink since 1997. 

That’s what I was saying above - there are a lot of errors in pictures and descriptions of quite a few lots.

And I didn’t see the details of all lots, so there may be more than the ones I encountered.

18 hours ago, Agaupl said:

Is it an auction, a silent auction, or one of those half and half jobbies where they ask people for more money if they are winning but think they aren’t paying enough?

Maybe it’s a lucky dip but they could not spell that and left the description the same as before? 

So...

20% buyers premium plus vat

That means if you place an opening bid for any of the countless sovereigns with £400 starting bid you will need to add £96 on top of what you pay!

I can't see many of these getting much more than their asking price if at all. Older more collectable one, sure.

Maye some of those collectables the seller will get a return, but I bet quite a few sellers won't even get spot price on some of these coins.

Visit my website for all my Hand Poured Silver: http://backyardbullion.com

And check out my YouTube channel 

https://www.youtube.com/backyardbullion

How does this compare to other auctions out of interest?  Do common Sov's generally make around spot on the hammer or do bidders calculate it to be around spot after the premium & VAT are added?

There are one or two older coins in this auction I'd be interested in bidding on.  Similar to eBay prices but hopefully guaranteed to be genuine.

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Minted said:

How does this compare to other auctions out of interest?  Do common Sov's generally make around spot on the hammer or do bidders calculate it to be around spot after the premium & VAT are added?

There are one or two older coins in this auction I'd be interested in bidding on.  Similar to eBay prices but hopefully guaranteed to be genuine.

Some other Auctions can be in the 30% fees range, these are more general Auctions rather than Coin Auctions 

Not sure about other people however I work out the fees so they are part of the cost, so if spot is £440 and the fees are 30% then my max bid would be £340.

I don't include the post as this is then divided into the lots won if single coins or each coin if multiple coins in a single lot.  

Edited by Wampum