• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

British Monarchs Series - They Couldn’t, Could They?

All I am saying is the path RM has been going down, it’s not a good one. Regurgitated old coins into ‘premium’ sets at crazy prices, very lazy amateur designs, new coin releases without any stock, ongoing quality control issues (milking, proof coins with pot holes etc) and ongoing price increases.

RM is a tarnished brand and they really do not care what you think. 

“Foook You, you’re an irrelevant customer, go somewhere else peasant, nobody’s listening, I’m alright Jack”

-Royal Mint 2024

• 2 weeks later...

According to my records, the last coin released by the Royal Mint in this series was the George II coin at the back end of August 2023. That's six months ago! Am I right about that - or have I missed a more recent release? And, if the former, does anyone know when the next coin is due?

1 hour ago, timsk said:

According to my records, the last coin released by the Royal Mint in this series was the George II coin at the back end of August 2023. That's six months ago! Am I right about that - or have I missed a more recent release? And, if the former, does anyone know when the next coin is due?

I read a comment from another poster either here on SF, or on a Facebook group, that they have delayed the series until 2025 or 2026. Ludicrous either way.

My Account Manager has not responded to my last request for clarity (may have been the volume of complaining). 🙂

23 minutes ago, Shinus73 said:

I read a comment from another poster either here on SF, or on a Facebook group, that they have delayed the series until 2025 or 2026. Ludicrous either way.

My Account Manager has not responded to my last request for clarity (may have been the volume of complaining). 🙂

Hmm, if this is correct I shall be throwing some toys out of the pram

Visit my website for all my Hand Poured Silver: http://backyardbullion.com

And check out my YouTube channel 

https://www.youtube.com/backyardbullion

Reached out to my account manager again, still no news or commitment either way as to when/if things will come out. 

Just to clarify the above - my AM replied saying they don't know rather than no anser at all. 

3 minutes ago, blackadder said:

They did cancel the lunar series,so it can happen :(

Cancel?!

If they do that, I won't just be throwing my toys out of the pram - I'll demand a full refund for the coins I've bought!

If they'd started with QEII and worked backwards - monarch by monarch - then at least one could say one has a complete set of sorts. But a random selection of monarchs dotted through the ages makes little sense in my book. The 'logic' of the series only comes together when the set is complete or, at the very least, one has all the coins for one or more of the four 'houses' (Hanover, Stuart, Tudor & Windsor).

Just now, timsk said:

Cancel?!

If they do that, I won't just be throwing my toys out of the pram - I'll demand a full refund for the coins I've bought!

If they'd started with QEII and worked backwards - monarch by monarch - then at least one could say one has a complete set of sorts. But a random selection of monarchs dotted through the ages makes little sense in my book. The 'logic' of the series only comes together when the set is complete or, at the very least, one has all the coins for one or more of the four 'houses' (Hanover, Stuart, Tudor & Windsor).

I think i'm four sort in the 1oz silver lunars in the box,as was cancelled at that point.

26 minutes ago, timsk said:

Cancel?!

I will champion this so long and hard on my YouTube channel if they cancel this series.

I will be demanding refunds on all my pieces already purchased and anything less than a full refund or recommencement of the series will be unacceptable.

2 hours ago, blackadder said:

I think i'm four sort in the 1oz silver lunars in the box,as was cancelled at that point.

I feel for you blackadder - what an absolute bummer.

What makes it especially galling is that the Royal Mint pump out any amount of dross week after week, seemingly at the expense of a good series like the Lunars that collectors like you/us actually want. Grrrr! Hopefully, Backyard Bullion will give them a good talking to in his upcoming conference call with them which I think is scheduled for tomorrow (Wednesday). 

5 hours ago, timsk said:

What makes it especially galling is that the Royal Mint pump out any amount of dross week after week, seemingly at the expense of a good series like the Lunars that collectors like you/us actually want. Grrrr! Hopefully, Backyard Bullion will give them a good talking to in his upcoming conference call with them which I think is scheduled for tomorrow (Wednesday). 

pumping out dross is one of the main problems with them now.

On 05/03/2024 at 14:48, BackyardBullion said:

I will champion this so long and hard on my YouTube channel if they cancel this series.

I will be demanding refunds on all my pieces already purchased and anything less than a full refund or recommencement of the series will be unacceptable.

seems they are becoming more like netflix, if its not an instant hit or making the right profit then its binned.

maybe what we need is a good old campaign like stargate / babylon 5 where campaigns brought the shows back from cancellation or threat of.  ( yes i am a scfi fan :) )

maybe a cordinated series of videos from certain you tubers sounding the alram and warning them?

Just for clarity, i only have a couple of the coins but its a series that if i had the money i would be happy to complete.

• 2 weeks later...
On 20/02/2024 at 06:55, Shinus73 said:

Apparently, not only did they miss the January release, but the March release has not been included in the forward plan.

On 20/02/2024 at 09:00, Shinus73 said:

Yes, I’ll be having a strop too.

This series has definitely been as they say paused as official email received from the R.M. I would imagine cancelled,so much for customer relations.What happens to all those customers who have bought so far, they probably don’t care.

On 20/02/2024 at 09:00, BackyardBullion said:

That they are cancelling the series?

On 06/03/2024 at 19:02, bluffer said:

seems they are becoming more like netflix, if its not an instant hit or making the right profit then its binned.

maybe what we need is a good old campaign like stargate / babylon 5 where campaigns brought the shows back from cancellation or threat of.  ( yes i am a scfi fan :) )

maybe a cordinated series of videos from certain you tubers sounding the alram and warning them?

Just for clarity, i only have a couple of the coins but its a series that if i had the money i would be happy to complete.

I’ve expressed my feelings to them strongly.Bearing in mind the number of limited series they are currently churning out, at least the the British Monarchs is interesting, educational, collectible and relevant.

8 minutes ago, Jinxy said:

This series has definitely been as they say paused as official email received from the R.M. I would imagine cancelled,so much for customer relations.What happens to all those customers who have bought so far, they probably don’t care.

You have an email confirming this?

On 06/03/2024 at 19:02, bluffer said:

Just for clarity, i only have a couple of the coins but it’s a series that if i had the money i would be happy to complete.

I agree, this is a disgraceful decision with no regard for collectors who have purchased the first 8 coins over two years.I doubt they will even make there decision openly public as there must be many like me who are furious!

21 minutes ago, Jinxy said:

This series has definitely been as they say paused as official email received from the R.M. I would imagine cancelled,so much for customer relations. . .

Hi Jinxy,

If you have an e-mail from The Royal Mint confirming this - please post it here

On 05/03/2024 at 16:51, timsk said:

2 minutes ago, Jinxy said:

I agree, this is a disgraceful decision with no regard for collectors who have purchased the first 8 coins over two years.I doubt they will even make there decision openly public as there must be many like me who are furious!

On 04/03/2024 at 18:00, timsk said:

No more coins.Series paused (probably cancelled) what a mess if they announce a series they should be duty bound to complete it. What about the 8 coins collectors have purchased, wasted money?

12 minutes ago, Jinxy said:

No more coins.Series paused (probably cancelled) what a mess if they announce a series they should be duty bound to complete it. What about the 8 coins collectors have purchased, wasted money?

Do you have an email from the mint confirming this?

39 minutes ago, timsk said:

Hi Jinxy,

If you have an e-mail from The Royal Mint confirming this - please post it here

IMG_0578.png