• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

How to price a coins value?

2014 1oz Chinese Pandas for instance

Bullion by Post list them at from £65+

2014 1oz silver Salt Water Crocodile are listed at £44

2014 1oz silver Britannia from £34

2017 1kg silver Australian Kookaburra from £964

How do I reach a fair selling price on this forum?

Thanks for any advise

John

IMG_4770.jpeg

IMG_4772.jpeg

IMG_4774.jpeg

IMG_4777.jpeg

IMG_4776.jpeg

Edited by John
to improve post clarity

"How to price a coins's value"?

Good question - depends on lots of things, not least are you a buyer or seller? If latter, how quickly do you want to sell, how many do you want to sell etc?

Simple answer; don't take any notice of BBP!

Selling price of these on Ebay is around £ 35

On the forum? These days probably a couple of pounds north of spot😄

Profile picture with thanks to Carl Vernon

1 hour ago, SilverDrum said:

Anyone know how much a 2013 britannia is worth? Asking for a mate 👀

You can purchase the 2013 Brit for around €33 in Germany from several dealers so this would translate to about £34 including VAT etc in the UK.
Selling on this forum I would suggest trying £30 plus delivery but unless someone is seeking this specific coin you might not achieve this price.

2 hours ago, Pete said:

You can purchase the 2013 Brit for around €33 in Germany from several dealers so this would translate to about £34 including VAT etc in the UK.
Selling on this forum I would suggest trying £30 plus delivery but unless someone is seeking this specific coin you might not achieve this price.

I would agree with this, but i have been struggling to sell these at a price much below those. Might look to sell elsewhere as the forum treats all silver Brits as the same if they are 999 and not 925. I've seen the earlier years go for prices similar to what you mention, which seems to be accepted. 

78av.gif

If you want a representative TSF price then search for those items in the trade section and see what they sold for when spot was at similar levels

BBP smoke crack with Hunter Biden before setting their prices

A basic way to estimate silver price is to go to a competitive dealer like Chards, Atkinsons, SilverTrader, BairdMint or Tavex, then take 10-15% off their prices for silver

I'm just guessing but for the items you listed:

-------------------------------------------------------------

2014 1oz Chinese Pandas for instance = £28

2014 1oz silver Salt Water Crocodile are listed at £44 = £30

2014 1oz silver Britannia from £34 = £24-28 (IDK)

2017 1kg silver Australian Kookaburra from £964 = £825-850

------------------------------------------------------------

I'm sure you can +/- on those prices

TSF is cheaper than any dealer or eBay for silver. If you list items here at the same price as dealer websites or eBay sellers, you are unlikely to make many sales

Mind is primary and mass-energy is derivative

In my experience this site ( TSF ) is possibly the best site for buyers looking for a bargain.
However this also means sellers may not achieve the highest prices.
There are a lot of experienced stackers and collectors on TSF with years of trading experience and knowledge.
If a seller wants to sell quickly without fees and with minimal ( zero to established members with 100% trading feedback ) risk then use the forum.
Provided prices are set appropriately sales can often happen within minutes of posting.
Selling on eBay is likely to get you a higher price - but not always as kind of hit & miss - but work out fees and factor risk to see if any gain is worth it. 
You can at least change your mind and price when listing on the forum and seek the opinions of others, many happy to help.