• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Bullion bomb...

If you were to drop a £5,000* bomb on bullion today what would you buy?

If your objective was to make the maximum profits over a 5 year period what would you buy and why. What would you estimate your returns to be if you cashed in the complete bomb in 5 years time?

What type of bullion would you get. Which denominations, weights or metals?

*I'm saying £5000 so it could include say x3 1oz gold bullion Britannias at spot if so wished. 🤔

I wouldn't drop £5k in one hit unless something really special came along; best bookmark/save url's of good deals and await a downward spike.

I've revised my potential bottom in the 1st quarter up to $1965/£1550 though in light of the global uncertainties. 

A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they will never sit in.

3 Brits, or however many sovereigns £5000 will buy.  Low premiums on the way in, high percentage of spot on the way out.  Trusted and recognisable coins, whether selling privately or to a dealer.

Personally I think platinum is the best value of the three main PMs at the moment, but in terms of maximising your return on physical bullion, I wouldn't buy either platinum or silver.

So how about - a physical Brit and a couple of sovereigns, and then split the remainder equally between a platinum ETF and a silver ETF?

3x 1oz Gold coins - random choice at lowest price to spot. Any leftovers on 1oz silver Brits 2024. Gold clearly outperforms silver and will be easy to turn a profit. 

💷 💷 Check out my Wanted adds and message me direct if you can help 💷 💷 

I'd have bought that 2023 QEII Britannia in blister from Agaupl. I should have bought it but hmm'd for too long, an amazing buy at spot + 1.55%

https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/86059-1oz-gold-three-graces-bar/

2023 QEII Brits - 1oz + 4*1/4oz

2022 QEII Sov - 4 of the Platty Joobs (which are currently on sale here below)

5 x 2022 Jubilee sovereigns - UK (Ungraded) - The Silver Forum

As with all things, shop around, buy whatever appeals to you. I'd advise keeping it CGT-free but insurance, money outside the system and numismatic joy are equally valid reasons to buy gold

Precious metals are a long-term game. It will take most regular people 10 years to collect enough gold and silver, especially when we're super stable geniuses and understand it's not a good idea to put 100% of our investments into one asset, be it gold, stocks, property or magic internet money

Edited by HonestMoneyGoldSilver
links

Mind is primary and mass-energy is derivative

First thing to buy is a premium membership as it increases your chances of getting the best bargains, which pay for the cost of membership! I'm not sure you can see the links I gave

If gold goes to the moon it will take silver with it. For silver I like CGT-free Britannias (again 2023 QEII) along with Perth Mint Kooks, RAM, Germania, Scottsdale, JM, Engelhard, world bullion (Eagles, Maples, etc)

Again buy what you like and what appeals to you. Advice is buy CGT-free products when possible but enjoy whatever it is you buy

I'd buy half sovereigns so if the gold price went pretty high there'd be more people who could afford halves than full sovereigns when it comes to selling.

Edited by MickB

I say buy $5000  on coronation bullion coin/bars. If your in the uk I say the gold Cypher and coronation sovereign since you don't pay cgt. Maybe the royal celebration bars might be also a good idea if your outside the vat or other type of tax.

On 14/01/2024 at 14:22, HonestMoneyGoldSilver said:

I'd have bought that 2023 QEII Britannia in blister from Agaupl. I should have bought it but hmm'd for too long, an amazing buy at spot + 1.55%

https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/86059-1oz-gold-three-graces-bar/

2023 QEII Brits - 1oz + 4*1/4oz

2022 QEII Sov - 4 of the Platty Joobs (which are currently on sale here below)

5 x 2022 Jubilee sovereigns - UK (Ungraded) - The Silver Forum

As with all things, shop around, buy whatever appeals to you. I'd advise keeping it CGT-free but insurance, money outside the system and numismatic joy are equally valid reasons to buy gold

Precious metals are a long-term game. It will take most regular people 10 years to collect enough gold and silver, especially when we're super stable geniuses and understand it's not a good idea to put 100% of our investments into one asset, be it gold, stocks, property or magic internet money

The above is meant as a solid core to begin stacking. It's all low premium, CGT-exempt and highly liquid. The 2023 QEIIs might become popular 5 years from now

The pieces I recommended are things I own so I'm biased. You could swap the Brits for other Brits and it would be fine. Or you could buy QBs or TBs or whatever takes your fancy if you want to spend a tiny bit more. It's nice to have at least one 1oz coin that your senses can enjoy. I'm still a little shocked at how small sovs are 😂

You don't need to buy 4 of the same design sov, I just happen to own these so I'm biased.

If you did own those items they are easily sold to recover your capital if needed or exchanged for other gold pieces if you change your mind

Everybody has their own unique situation but for me I wanted to be conservative and not make any bad mistakes. Now that I have some good bullion pieces, I'll be trying to pick up some shields (sovs). I like many of the US and world gold coins too like incuse Indian heads but they have to wait in line behind Young Head Victoria

*Just wanted to add the above as there are many viable routes to buy gold including stacking and numismatics