• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Have the RM went mad?

TheShinyStuff

Yeah, I saw that when talking about a different but similar 6 coin set. 

Its awful. 

They refuse to listen to feedback though and are constantly hashing up new products. 

Visit my website for all my Hand Poured Silver: http://backyardbullion.com

And check out my YouTube channel 

https://www.youtube.com/backyardbullion

13 minutes ago, BackyardBullion said:

Was about 18 months ago when the bottom fell out of their coin sales I think. 

Wasn't that when RMint posted record profits?

If we do the right thing this time, we might have to do the right thing again next time.

Maybe I'm missing something but you'd pay about 1200 for a piedfort jubillee, 8/900 easy for sotd coronation, 650/700 for coronation proof and I've no idea on that bullion sov but call it 400.

That actually makes 3k seem a very good price and I think I'm being Conservative with those prices.

A graded 70 sotd could return half your money almost

Usually these soverign boxes from the mint are horrendous value

Edited by apachebleu

1 minute ago, apachebleu said:

Maybe I'm missing something but you'd pay about 1200 for a piedfort jubillee, 8/900 easy for sotd coronation, 650/700 for coronation proof and I've no idea on that bullion sov but call it 400.

That actually makes 3k seem a very good price and I think I'm being Conservative with those prices.

A graded 70 sotd could return half your money almost

Usually these soverign boxes from the mint are horrendous value

That's what I was getting at. If I had £3k lying around...

Just to add though... the risk as always with RM is that they could send absolute munters of coins and you've wasted your time.

...but if the 3 modern coins graded well, then worst case scenario you get a free Gillick and a nice box. Like I said - if I had £3k I'd take a punt! But being a mere mortal parent a fortnight before Xmas sadly I'm skint!

It’s the sotd 75th birthday -850

2024 proof- 725 (soon to be 680)

1968 bullion -390

2002 piedfort - ? As I don’t buy them but say 1000 

=£2975  ish. 

I just don’t understand why these have been brought together in a collection .. I get it’s a version of all the different types of ‘single’ sovs .. but.. weird. 
But yeah price wise isn’t crazy as some other collections. 

Aaaahhh😉

57 minutes ago, westminstrel said:

It’s not a “deal”. It’s basically issue price. 

All these are still available quite easily and for below issue price in some cases. 

Given that RM like to put 50-100% premium on this type of thing, then it is at least unusual. I think it may just be all the dregs that have been returned and they can't shift otherwise bundled I to what the work experience guy thinks is a 'collection'. 

3 hours ago, Agaupl said:

It’s the sotd 75th birthday -850

2024 proof- 725 (soon to be 680)

1968 bullion -390

2002 piedfort - ? As I don’t buy them but say 1000 

=£2975  ish. 

I just don’t understand why these have been brought together in a collection .. I get it’s a version of all the different types of ‘single’ sovs .. but.. weird. 
But yeah price wise isn’t crazy as some other collections. 

You mention that the 2024 proof sovereign will soon be £680. Very interesting. Please can I ask when this will happen and the source? Thank you.

680 Was a bit of a facetious comment in its exactness, but I do think they will be available for less than issue price in future.

They are £715 at chards atm.. I think picking one up some where between 680-700 is a very real possibility on the secondary market in a few mths. Esp pf69s. Maybe the mintage reduction will be enough to maintain price 🤷‍♂️. Would be a good sign for the market if it did but I haven’t yet bought a 2024 proof just in case. 

Aaaahhh😉

4 hours ago, Agaupl said:

680 Was a bit of a facetious comment in its exactness, but I do think they will be available for less than issue price in future.

They are £715 at chards atm.. I think picking one up some where between 680-700 is a very real possibility on the secondary market in a few mths. Esp pf69s. Maybe the mintage reduction will be enough to maintain price 🤷‍♂️. Would be a good sign for the market if it did but I haven’t yet bought a 2024 proof just in case. 

£710 to be exact and you didn't mention the free postage. 🤣

On a more serious note I see they are presently selling the memorial proof sovereign at £660 - £35 less than this time last year. So £680 isn't that facetious. 

8 minutes ago, Olivard said:

£710 to be exact and you didn't mention the free postage. 🤣

On a more serious note I see they are presently selling the memorial proof sovereign at £660 - £35 less than this time last year. So £680 isn't that facetious. 

Exactly. Memorial may be an outlier.. maybe not. But thank you that’s what I was trying to say. 

Aaaahhh😉

On 09/12/2023 at 20:02, TheShinyStuff said:

Given that RM like to put 50-100% premium on this type of thing, then it is at least unusual. I think it may just be all the dregs that have been returned and they can't shift otherwise bundled I to what the work experience guy thinks is a 'collection'. 

Remember that 3 of these are modern coins - still available - with the premium already priced in.

And the 4th coin (the old bullion one), indeed has a 50-100% premium, as you say.