• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

closed Gold 1894 Liberty head $20 Double Eagle £1559 posted (this is below spot, spot price would be £1579)

• Nick1368 changed the title to Gold 1894 Liberty head $20 Double Eagle £1619
  • Nick1368 changed the title to Gold 1894 Liberty head $20 Double Eagle £1599 posted
  • Nick1368 changed the title to Gold 1894 Liberty head $20 Double Eagle £1569 posted (below spot)
  • Nick1368 changed the title to Gold 1894 Liberty head $20 Double Eagle £1559 posted (this is below spot, spot price would be £1575)
  • Nick1368 changed the title to Gold 1894 Liberty head $20 Double Eagle £1559 posted (this is below spot, spot price would be £1579)
7 minutes ago, Auronum said:

This is a really nice coin at a bargain price. I hope you find a buyer soon!

The market is flooded with sellers at the moment. I think consensus is that gold prices will fall again. It explains why supply is so high versus demand at the moment. buyers are not there because they think gold will fall, sellers are dumping stock as they think gold will fall, I do not remember a time when so many quality bullion gold coins were offered below spot like I have over the past week. 

We will see what happens if gold prices breakout to new highs, maybe sellers might sit on their stock as they expect to sell at a higher gold price in a strong market whilst buyers compete for what little physical is offered in the market. We have seen that a few times in the past couple of years so it will very likely happen again 

there is that old mantra: be greedy when others are fearful 

yes completely agree , however I don’t know why I’m wasting my time here because bullion dealers would pay me %1 or %2 below spot for this coin straight away, and right now it’s priced %2 below spot .

I just love these pre 33 American coins so much and I don’t want them to end up with dealers , I want them to be sold here on the forum , I’ll wait a little longer and see what happens but I do need to sell them before Friday .

Edited by Nick1368

Like has been said, the forum is flooded with sales at spot or under. Last week I sold 1oz Panda the premium or all 1oz coins at under spot.  

If you don't need to sale then wait.  You seem to have sold quite a few 1oz gold coins, so you haven't done too bad.

Never Chase and Never Regret 

11 minutes ago, Auronum said:

This is a really nice coin at a bargain price. I hope you find a buyer soon!

The market is flooded with sellers at the moment. I think consensus is that gold prices will fall again. It explains why supply is so high versus demand at the moment. buyers are not there because they think gold will fall, sellers are dumping stock as they think gold will fall, I do not remember a time when so many quality bullion gold coins were offered below spot like I have over the past week. 

We will see what happens if gold prices breakout to new highs, maybe sellers might sit on their stock as they expect to sell at a higher gold price in a strong market whilst buyers compete for what little physical is offered in the market. We have seen that a few times in the past couple of years so it will very likely happen again 

there is that old mantra: be greedy when others are fearful 

Absolutely agree! The coins for sale here are amazing deals given the current price (and I'm tempted) but I'm also anticipating that it'll fall (might be completely wrong!). For me personally, there's too much volatility with it yo-yoing above and below £1600 (mostly below) over the past year. Given that, I'm holding out for another sub £1600 dip as like many, I don't really want to purchase near the all-time high price. That said, these gorgeous older coins deserve a premium IMHO so I really do wish you all the best with the sale. I do think they can only go up in value.

Just now, SlowFrog said:

Absolutely agree! The coins for sale here are amazing deals given the current price (and I'm tempted) but I'm also anticipating that it'll fall (might be completely wrong!). For me personally, there's too much volatility with it yo-yoing above and below £1600 (mostly below) over the past year. Given that, I'm holding out for another sub £1600 dip as like many, I don't really want to purchase near the all-time high price. That said, these gorgeous older coins deserve a premium IMHO so I really do wish you all the best with the sale. I do think they can only go up in value.

Thanks you very much 

funny thing is I bought these two coins in April 2020 during the first lockdown , when not only gold was at its all time high but premiums were ridiculously high too ( for any coin , Even a krugerrand) ,  now three years later and I’m sitting on a profit .

If I didn't already have one of these, I would have bought it. I got mine in 2014 for £680 and in March this year got the St Guaden for £1550, so almost the same price as this.  These coins tend to go for 6% above spot so this is an excellent price.

Never Chase and Never Regret 

3 minutes ago, Spyder said:

I was writing tempted but already bought £6k this month so need to start selling. Glad you got them.

Just the double mate 😃

"It might make sense just to get some in case it catches on"  - Satoshi Nakamoto 2009

"Its going to Zero" - Peter Schiff 2013

"$1,000,000,000 by 2050"  - Fidelity 2024

2 hours ago, Spyder said:

I was writing tempted but already bought £6k this month so need to start selling. Glad you got them.

I know that feeling and rather more from a couple months back; I've not yet warned a tenant his new roof got eclipsed by shiny things in the August dip ... :huh:

A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they will never sit in.

• 4 weeks later...